Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Spring Sits, could miss two more games

arkowi

Do these totals consider games he played in but was injured (i.e. games he didn't finish)? Just curious.

Either way based on these numbers he has been pretty reliable 3 of the full 4 seasons he has been with the team. This hasn't been my perception.

those are games started. even if he didn't finish games he was still there the next week 95% of the time.

I think this makes it time to sign Ty Law for one year. Give the man whatever money he wants, but our secondary is scary thin right now. This would also keep him off the Pukes roster, where he might help stop the bleeding, or the Packers who could make a nice run.

vinny alredy said on his show this morning that they are not in the market for a corner, and will not go after ty law

This guy misses more than half the games every year. Its redic! We need to find his replacment next year and prob via FA. Were gonna need to use our draft picks on D and O line.

Agreed I've never been a fan of bringing him here and he's been fragile his entire career. He plays lights out when he's in there, just he's never not injured.

^^ Yeah, the caller specifically mentioned Ty Law and then Vinny asked who would he cut, the guy replied Torrence and Vinny basically said no way

Maybe someone should ask if we want Archuleta. After all it seems people want us to sign overrated DB's that have nowhere to go but down.

^^ Yeah, the caller specifically mentioned Ty Law and then Vinny asked who would he cut, the guy replied Torrence and Vinny basically said no way

Keep Torrence, get rid of Tryon. Maybe I'm wrong about the young man, but he doesn't look like a serviceable NFL CB. What ever happened the Matteral Richardson?

Keep Torrence, get rid of Tryon. Maybe I'm wrong about the young man, but he doesn't look like a serviceable NFL CB. What ever happened the Matteral Richardson?

get rid of a rookie that your judging based on his first preseason for an over the hill old ass CB that no other team wants and that we don't need. tryon hasn't even had a chance to prove himself on the field. we don't need to sign anymore CB's. Have we not learned our lesson signing over the hill vets?

Matteral Richardson is on the practice squad

get rid of a rookie that your judging based on his first preseason for an over the hill old ass CB that no other team wants and that we don't need. tryon hasn't even had a chance to prove himself on the field. we don't need to sign anymore CB's. Have we not learned our lesson signing over the hill vets?

Matteral Richardson is on the practice squad

I wasn't really saying we should pick up Law. But we should probably think about bringing up Richardson anyways. I saw enough of Tryon in the preseason. Unless he has been coached to actually play the ball, he's just a Torrence clone with less experience. At least Richardson played the ball when he was on the field. Hell...keep Tryon, just get some insurance on the sidelines. I love Smoot but he gets hurt almost every game and it takes him out of plays. Carlos is lights, thank god for that.

I wasn't really saying we should pick up Law. But we should probably think about bringing up Richardson anyways. I saw enough of Tryon in the preseason. Unless he has been coached to actually play the ball, he's just a Torrence clone with less experience. At least Richardson played the ball when he was on the field. Hell...keep Tryon, just get some insurance on the sidelines. I love Smoot but he gets hurt almost every game and it takes him out of plays. Carlos is lights, thank god for that.

tryon hasn't even had to play yet except on special teams. there are 4, count them 4 other corners ahead of him on the depth chart. there is no need to make a roster move at the CB position right now whether it be outside the organization via a signing or within the organization by bringing up richardson

tryon hasn't even had to play yet except on special teams. there are 4, count them 4 other corners ahead of him on the depth chart. there is no need to make a roster move at the CB position right now whether it be outside the organization via a signing or within the organization by bringing up richardson

Cut him because of his preseason performance.

Easy.

Cut Horton, too, and put Moore in his place.

Bench Campbell, put in Brennan.

Right?

Here's the way I see it. Rogers is our #1 Corner(stay with me). Springs just can NOT be counted on. He is ALWAYS a game time decision or it's clear he simply won't be starting. I have not counted on him starting in the last two years. Obviously when he does, awesome...cool beans, he's numero UNO.

Like I stated earlier Smoot usually goes down once a game, he returns but you never know with him. That really doesn't leave us with much. But if you feel comfortable with it, fine. I don't. I don't see us having 4 corners ahead of Tryon. I see 3 with one being awesome, one being good but prone to gametime injury and one so so CB. I'd rather we carry too many CB's than DE's.

Here's the way I see it. Rogers is our #1 Corner(stay with me). Springs just can NOT be counted on. He is ALWAYS a game time decision or it's clear he simply won't be starting. I have not counted on him starting in the last two years. Obviously when he does, awesome...cool beans, he's numero UNO.

Like I stated earlier Smoot usually goes down once a game, he returns but you never know with him. That really doesn't leave us with much. But if you feel comfortable with it, fine. I don't. I don't see us having 4 corners ahead of Tryon. I see 3 with one being awesome, one being good but prone to gametime injury and one so so CB. I'd rather we carry too many CB's than DE's.

Springs has started 80% of the time since he arrived here. With the exception of 2006, he was guaranteed to start 14-15 games.

As a previous poster said, Tryon didn't even need to take a snap on defense yesterday. There is no reason to call up Richardson since he's practicing with the team anyways as a member of the practice squad.

Jason

I guess what bothers me and others so much about his injuries is the type. Strained calf just doesn't sound like something that should keep you out 4 weeks. I'm no medical expert (but I did stay at a Holdiay Inn Express once), but if it were a pull or tear, I could see. All his injuries seem like whimpy injuries. I'd rather him have a broken rib, at least then I'd consider it legit. Hell, D.Green played with torn rib cartilage and the numb wore off at halftime.

Archived