Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome back Marcus?

P'Oed

I really think Marcus Washington has been moving around a lot better these past 2 weeks. Seems to me he's come a long way since being a step too slow in the Dallas game. And I actually feel like he's a legit threat on the blitz again. Anyone else think we have the old Marcus back? Do we have to worry about replacing him?

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

ENJOY THE 5-2 WEEK EVERYBODY!

I like marcus dancing because he acts so goofy its kinda funny,

People, realize that Marcus is one of the most positive people in the DC area, and his great attitude reflects in his whole life, nothing wrong with that, just because some people are miserable with their lives doesn't mean Marcus needs to be

I really think Marcus Washington has been moving around a lot better these past 2 weeks. Seems to me he's come a long way since being a step too slow in the Dallas game. And I actually feel like he's a legit threat on the blitz again. Anyone else think we have the old Marcus back? Do we have to worry about replacing him?

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

IMO it's absurd to even think about replacing someone like Marcus. He had a fresh hamstring injury, and they take a LONG time to heal. It's amazing he is playing as well as he is, because you know that bad boy isn't all healed. That's why he isn't playing every play like he usually does, which is smart. In all reality, the smartest thing they could have done was have him sit out the Dallas game, but you know players like Marcus would HATE that, so he played injured, and you saw the result. He never fell from grace, he just played injured, quite like Jason Taylor. Do you want to replace him, too?

IMO it's absurd to even think about replacing someone like Marcus. He had a fresh hamstring injury, and they take a LONG time to heal. It's amazing he is playing as well as he is, because you know that bad boy isn't all healed. That's why he isn't playing every play like he usually does, which is smart. In all reality, the smartest thing they could have done was have him sit out the Dallas game, but you know players like Marcus would HATE that, so he played injured, and you saw the result. He never fell from grace, he just played injured, quite like Jason Taylor. Do you want to replace him, too?

quite the contrary...I love Marcus. I've seen a lot of talk on this board about replacing him and I was wondering if that sentiment was still the same after seeing his performance lately. I think he'll be even better the healthier he gets.

quite the contrary...I love Marcus. I've seen a lot of talk on this board about replacing him and I was wondering if that sentiment was still the same after seeing his performance lately. I think he'll be even better the healthier he gets.

Cool. Me too. The man runs 90 to nothing ALL the time' date=' which unfortunately isn't good when you need to heal an injury. Hopefully he stays smart in that regard and the coaches and therapists make him rest and heal when he needs to so the injuries don't flare up, or in this case worsen. I have no doubt that as long as he stays healthy, he'll play like he's on fire!

Washington has clearly lost a step. He has no rush ability at all any more, and his coverage skills are far from good. Give me Blades in there over Marcus any day.

Serious: Slacky! I'm SO glad you are "okay". I missed you at the tailgate today. We are going to keep you in our prayers for fast healing and hope you get back soon to the Monday night game.

Joke: I heard you got a concussion. I hope it isn't true, but by the likes of this post, I fear it may be. :doh: ;)

He looked good today but I wish to God that he'd quit all that damn dancing after every tackle. I mean every tackle, c'mon! lol

That's what he does. I remember him being animated while we were down by 13 late in that game we had in 2005 at Texas Stadium. It's just one of those things I've learned to deal with.

I could be way off base here, but I think this is also a case of the defensive philosophy changing around the deficiencies of a player. Washington has been slower, whether from age or injury, I don't know for sure.

The change is that more often than not it seems like its Macintosh in coverage on the tight end in pass patterns. I'm not sure how they make the change so that the weak side guy is covering the tight end, but it seems to happen regularly. Maybe when the TE motions, we just have confidence in Rocky enough that he can just cover instead of running Washington accross to keep in coverage.

Either way, it seems to be working. Our coverage on TE on pass plays has been excellent, and Washington has been a very positive player on our defense the last 3 weeks even without performing at his top physical levels.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

I thought the linebacking core as a whole played the best i've seen in years from them as a unit yesterday. The defense sure is setting the standards this year. Now if only the O could raise their game and put some points up to ease our poor hearts.....

Hail.

Aw I like the dancing...well sometimes its a bit much but usually its humorous and he's also really good about pumpin up the D and the crowd. I like his spirit it's done in a classy, fun way not an awful show offy way.
I like marcus dancing because he acts so goofy its kinda funny,

People, realize that Marcus is one of the most positive people in the DC area, and his great attitude reflects in his whole life, nothing wrong with that, just because some people are miserable with their lives doesn't mean Marcus needs to be

Macus looked great!
He's definitely looking healthier. I've got no complaints about the tackling - the defense needs that energy.
IMO it's absurd to even think about replacing someone like Marcus.
Marcus washington never left' date=' he is always a beast when he is on the field[/quote']
That's what he does. I remember him being animated while we were down by 13 late in that game we had in 2005 at Texas Stadium.
i love the dancing. it just shows he still has a lot of enthusiasm for the game.
I thought the linebacking core as a whole played the best i've seen in years .....

Hail.

a healthy Marcus , McIntosh and Fletcher with Blades as a backup is a very good tandem. I am certain that it was only the injury that was affecting Washington, he has a LOT left in the tank.
I agree with all the above. Marcus is Marcus. Let him be.

Archived