Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where are all the intelligent post-game threads?

gillherb

Hello All,

I'm used to seeing more well-thought out post game threads after a game. Not many today. A lot of old threads brought back to life, but no new blood. So let me try.

I don't want to hear that we beat an inferior team today. I don't think there's any such thing these days, really. The only way to measure a team is by wins and losses. Could'ves, should'ves, they are for the chin-in-their-beer fans. We just beat a team today that beat the Giants. The Rams just beat a team in the Cowboys this week that is apparently "better". The Rams also beat us. The Rams also got their helmets handed to them by the Giants and Eagles. We also beat the Eagles and Cowboys. The Cowboys also beat the Eagles. Head spinning yet? It's like a huge game of rock-paper-scissors.

And regarding our victory today, we didn't win pretty. I'm so proud of our Defense, I love watching them especially at home. But we ultimately won off a missed field goal, whereas last week we lost on a last second field goal. But I don't care, because we won. Last week, the could've would've fans probably said "we had the Rams...that was a fluke loss". If that was a fluke loss, then call this a fluke win (point: we must throw the word fluke out the window). We are 5-2 in a conference where the top 4 division leaders are 5-1, 4-3, 5-2, and 4-2. That makes us the 5th seed by NFL policy but tied for 2nd best record in the conference with a solid Panthers team. We are 1/2 game behind the Giants for 1st place. Giants play at Pitt next week, we play at Detroit. We win and Giants lose and we are in 1st place. We are effectively 2 games ahead of the Cowboys and Eagles right now b/c of tiebreakers. Both of these facts blow my mind.

Just win baby. :):D

A Win is Win in the National Football League!

HTTR!

I was there last week and I just might have pulled my 47" lcd off the wall if Dawson makes that kick today!

CeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeePeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Rumblin, bumblin, stumblin! Thats my boy!!!!

And how bout the Defense! Get Springs back and its scary good!

Hello All,I'm used to seeing more well-thought out post game threads after a game. Not many today. :D

My thoughts …

A lot of folks on this board have issues. If a game is not perfect it is a loss. I’ve seen too many people toss around the “good teams doesn’t win like this” or the “if you enjoyed this win you have a losers mentality”

Madden. Yes, the video game. It has created monsters. All of sudden people actually think they know what they are talking about because they are over .500 in Madden.

Unrealistic goals. This team still has a new coach, D-coordinator, O-Coordinator, and new offensive scheme. There are going to be bumps in the road, but bandwagoneers totally forgot about that after the Dallas and Philly game.

You know, there's really not much to say on the topic. Our offense started off slow, then finished with a pretty good game.

We made a goofy move punting from the 35 early in the game. We ran a draw deep in our territory on 3rd and 13 because Zorn was worried about Campbell (good move on his part) and we tried to run the clock out to end the game late. Portis was a monster, Alexander looked decent on his few carries.

Our defense was absolutely phenominal, led by London Fletcher.

This board has really taken a turn for the worse.

I don't want to "call out" people but literally I can not belive my eyes when I read some of the threads that were started between yesterday and today.

How many "why don't we throw deep", "what's our problem" and "Why has Zorn gone consvative?" are there? How many? It's nuts.

my god.

A game doesn't have to be perfect but the last two were nail-biters. The Redskins make me nervous but they're doing great under Coach Zorn, the defense is outstanding, Portis is outstanding, and if the offense clicks a little more and scores a little more, it will be perfect.

The Redskins are an above average team. The Redskins are one play away from being 6-1 now.

There are no easy wins.

The Rams beat the Redskins by 2 points only because the Redskins truned the ball over 4 times. Each and every turnover was costly.

However, the Rams beat the Cowboys by 20 points. The Cowboys are road kill and Wade Philips will be gone after this season.

The Browns beat the Giants by 21 and lost to the Redskins by 4.

If there is any team nobody wants to play right now, it's the Rams and the Browns.

The Parity in the NFL has never been stronger.

I don't see the Redskins beating the Lions by any large number of points.

A win is a win.

This board has really taken a turn for the worse.

I don't want to "call out" people but literally I can not belive my eyes when I read some of the threads that were started between yesterday and today.

How many "why don't we throw deep", "what's our problem" and "Why has Zorn gone consvative?" are there? How many? It's nuts.

my god.

I was yelling about the offense too yesterday during the game. We aren't blind out there. Something was wrong and it was obvious. Zorn was conservative and we didn't throw long on the Browns. People were ticked off about this and rightfully so.

I was yelling about the offense too yesterday during the game. We aren't blind out there. Something was wrong and it was obvious. Zorn was conservative and we didn't throw long on the Browns. People were ticked off about this and rightfully so.

Maybe it had something to do with Campbell having an injured groin. Zorn even said they leaned on the run because of JC's injury, but what does he know right?

We made a goofy move punting from the 35 early in the game.

Yeah. That was a head scratcher.

Campbell was erratic, low and wide. Missed wide-open Fred Davis by a mile. Luckily he was out-erraticked by Anderson. If I'm Romeo, Quinn gets his chance next week.

In Campbell's case, I hope that was due to the groin pull and not something we can expect to see from him from time to time.

I get that, I was pretty pissed too ... during the game.

But after the win, and after getting a chance to step back look at the big picture, I never felt compelled to declare that there is a problem, or that JZ is too conservative, or that JC hasn't thrown a INT because he is not taking chances.

The brutal drivel that goes on here is at times overwhelming. It really is.

Listen, two weeks ago JZ was a freaking Maverick, now people are calling him Norv Turner. I mean, its down right sick.

Two games does not make a man, look at the whole picture. How many times have the skins offense SLAMMED THE DOOR SHUT THIS YEAR?

Campbell was erratic, low and wide. Missed wide-open Fred Davis by a mile. .

don't want to pile on here, but did you or did you not see a 350 lb man in JC's chest as he was making that throw.

blame Casey for the missed play on Sleppy Head Fred, not JC.

Archived