Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox Sports article: Portis has reason to worry?

TheGoodBits

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8682528/The-Schein-Nine:-NFL's-weekly-hot-seat?MSNHPHCP&gt1=39002

7. Clinton Portis

Here's what the Redskins running back had to say after Washington was humbled at home by the winless Rams last weekend:

"The headlines got good. The guys started high-fiving," Portis said. "We hadn't thought ahead all season long until this week. ... The previous four games, the focus was there."

That's pretty damning stuff. And he's also ripping his head coach Jim Zorn. With the way Zorn's coached to start this season, that's unacceptable. Portis has had an MVP-caliber season thus far. But it will be interesting to see his teammates react to those words with their play against the Browns in Washington this Sunday.

Does anyone actually see anything wrong with what CP said? We overlooked the Rams, so we lost. Seemed pretty obvious judging by how we played, and it didn't seem to "damning" to Zorn... Or am I crazy?

When did CP rip Zorn?

Hey now, the quote feature made it seem like I said that, not the article. But yeah, I think the writer was trying to say that CP was dissing Zorn by saying the team was not focused, and it being Zorn's job to keep the team focused. I wish I could get paid for writing just about anything I want regardless of truth.

Is this what a couple posters meant by "Portis throwing people under the bus"?

"The headlines got good. The guys started high-fiving," Portis said. "We hadn't thought ahead all season long until this week. ... The previous four games, the focus was there."

Considering this quote came just after losing to an 0-4 team, right after beating the Pukes and Eagles at their place....... :doh:

TO ANYBODY WHO CONSIDERS THAT QUOTE "THROWING X UNDER THE BUS", OR "BAD TEAM MATE ", GET A FREAKIN' CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111 DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE RAMS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

I personally commend Portis for his candor and restraint, in the above quote. We need more team leaders like him on our team. :helmet:

Hey now, the quote feature made it seem like I said that, not the article. But yeah, I think the writer was trying to say that CP was dissing Zorn by saying the team was not focused, and it being Zorn's job to keep the team focused. I wish I could get paid for writing just about anything I want regardless of truth.

Wasn't intending to apply that quote to you, just abbreviating the quote to keep the board tight.

Archived