Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just caught some Fox this morning

Larry

Flipping through channels. Caught the text on the screen.

The title of the story is "Smearing Joe the Plumber". The first page read "Joe was just ordinary guy before he met Barack Obama".

They then cut to a (heavily edited) video of his question: "You gonna tax me more?" and "Share the wealth".

Back to the announcer. Text on the screen now reads "The words said more about Obama's tax plan than all of his debates and speeches combined".

:)

How many actually believe taxes on the rich will not be passed on or benefits/jobs cut as a result?

Is there some alternative reality where there is free money?

The rich are going to just absorb the hit ....right:silly:

How many actually believe taxes on the rich will not be passed on or benefits/jobs cut as a result?

Is there some alternative reality where there is free money?

The rich are going to just absorb the hit ....right:silly:

So the alternative is to keep doing what we've been doing?

Keep giving them tax cuts and loop holes so they can make more money? Let them continue to cut our benefits and outsource jobs overseas?

Trickle down economics has been proven to be a myth.

When people make money, it's their primary concern to make more of it. The second they don't, WE suffer not them.

While I did not lose my job, I saw it happen for a company I worked for. They reported profits, PROFITS, and yet because the profits were not as large as they projected they fired nearly a 1000 people. Did the execs take a paycut? Nope. When the CEO was replaced a year later did he get a sweetheart "golden parachute"? Yup.

Our system is screwed up and needs fixing.

The first step in fixing a problem is admitting you have one. It seems to me that Republicans are not admitting that there is a problem so how are they going to fix it?

You're very fortunate, Larry. All the right-wing TV news bias is in one place.

We on the right should be so lucky.

:cheers:

But y'all only have to go to one place to get your Kool Aid. You know how hard it is to watch every station but one, all day long?

They then cut to a (heavily edited) video of his question: "You gonna tax me more?" and "Share the wealth".

:)

I have an ethical problem with heavily edited video the way I'm imagining Larry describing it especially when sandwiched by commentary. That's not news. It's propaganda. Hopefully, I'm wrong about what I'm envisioning, but it is so easy to take tape and make people say what you want them to say. You really need to have and enforce high standards. This sounds like Michael Moore level crap.

I have an ethical problem with heavily edited video the way I'm imagining Larry describing it especially when sandwiched by commentary. That's not news. It's propaganda. Hopefully, I'm wrong about what I'm envisioning, but it is so easy to take tape and make people say what you want them to say. You really need to have and enforce high standards. This sounds like Michael Moore level crap.

See post 16 :)

I know, but I actually take the editting stuff seriously. I don't mind if they poke humor, but when they manipulate content specifically to make an exaggerated (and possibly false) point it is an ethical breach. That's not biasing the news. It's creating fiction.

:tantrum:

I know, but I actually take the editting stuff seriously. I don't mind if they poke humor, but when they manipulate content specifically to make an exaggerated (and possibly false) point it is an ethical breach. That's not biasing the news. It's creating fiction.

:tantrum:

Personally, I don't draw conclusions based on second-hand information from a biased source; especially one that holds similar values to my own.

Isn't THAT bias?

:silly:

Well, ya got me there. I am inferring a lot, but on the other hand. Larry is not some Mickey Mouse character. When he tells you stuff you can damn well believe it.

Hmm....

Maybe I'm getting some insight into NPR here.

Larry's like me in that his political leanings are obvious to anyone who's known him more than 30 seconds. Given that, I think you have to take his opinions (as well as mine) with a grain of salt.

If I come to you saying, "OMGZ! You wouldn't believe the liberal bias I saw on CNN today," would you give me the same benefit of the doubt that you give Larry? And if not, why not?

(I'm not trying to start a fight. I get the point of the thread, Larry. I'm just baiting my buddy Burg a little bit.) :)

Hmm....

Maybe I'm getting some insight into NPR here.

Larry's like me in that his political leanings are obvious to anyone who's known him more than 30 seconds. Given that, I think you have to take his opinions (as well as mine) with a grain of salt.

If I come to you saying, "OMGZ! You wouldn't believe the liberal bias I saw on CNN today," would you give me the same benefit of the doubt that you give Larry? And if not, why not?

(I'm not trying to start a fight. I get the point of the thread, Larry. I'm just baiting my buddy Burg a little bit.) :)

you are 100% right here, hog.

if you posted something like this directed at the other side, larry would be the first to lecture you, and burgold would be his first reinforcements on the scene.

i don't know which of the two do a better job of pretending to not have a horse in the race while obviously having one.

Archived