Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

why isn't this biased??

81artmonk

Meh... I think it actually played to Palin's advantage in the VP debate. The moderator had heard so much about how she was in Obama's camp that, IMO, she took it easy on Palin.

The post wasn't about how the moderators treated the candidates, it was the appearance of such bias souly based on who they got to do them.

two points for you.

1. I think both campaigns had to approve of the format and the moderator and the location.

2. If you really want to talk about bias, try putting on the hat of a 3rd party candidate (like Nader, or even Barr) who isn't even invited to participate at all.

Kind of scary when the two parties and the media effectively silence real debate, real dialogue, and real exchange amongst candidates.

The post wasn't about how the moderators treated the candidates, it was the appearance of such bias souly based on who they got to do them.

But, if they were both treated fairly, where does the appearance of bias come from? It's a moot point if it doesn't play a part in the debate.

Could the bias be yours?

~Bang

two points for you.

1. I think both campaigns had to approve of the format and the moderator and the location.

2. If you really want to talk about bias, try putting on the hat of a 3rd party candidate (like Nader, or even Barr) who isn't even invited to participate at all.

Kind of scary when the two parties and the media effectively silence real debate, real dialogue, and real exchange amongst candidates.

I would agree with you, but with how many parties there are outside of the R & D, you realistically can't have them all, it would be a day long event that people wouldn't want or have the time to listen to.

But, if they were both treated fairly, where does the appearance of bias come from? It's a moot point if it doesn't play a part in the debate.

Could the bias be yours?

~Bang

Go ahead and tell me that any of the moderators aren't considered left-leaning. It isn't a secret. Unless you can prove otherwise.

Brokaw basically on air in an interview called the election already for Obama. he moderated one debate did he not?? You can't tell me that that comment isn't left leaning.

Go ahead and tell me that any of the moderators aren't considered left-leaning. It isn't a secret. Unless you can prove otherwise.

Brokaw basically on air in an interview called the election already for Obama. he moderated one debate did he not?? You can't tell me that that comment isn't left leaning.

Who gives a **** what their personal leanings are? Are you seriously going to tell me you've noticed a bias shown by any of the moderators during the actual debates? If you have, you must have a different cable feed than I do.

Again, this intellectually bankrupt nonsense: "My blanket assertion is correct unless you can prove that it's wrong."

That's not how it works. The burden of proof is yours.

And if Brokaw said the election looks really really good for Obama, that's probably because it does. That would be, let's see here... Truth from the mainstream media.

Maybe you think such a thing doesn't exist... but it does, sometimes.

Three of the four moderators did a good job, imo.

Brokaw did a disservice to the process by injecting himself and many of his own questions into the townhall debate - that was the wrong thing to do in such a format. As a result, a substantial number of questions were not asked by more people - and that is the purpose of a townhall, a chance for the citizens to ask the questions.

I would agree with you, but with how many parties there are outside of the R & D, you realistically can't have them all, it would be a day long event that people wouldn't want or have the time to listen to.

I know it's a tough thing to decide since there are a bunch of official candidates for President. http://www.votesmart.org/election_president_search.php?type=alpha

I suspect that amongst those registered in every state (which would mean a serious contender to me), you could form a pool to poll the public with and drawn in at least two other candidates for each debate (if they do well, they will score well in the next poll and likely return). Just an idea.

If they were wacky crackpots spouting vile and bile, their microphones could be turned off while they were removed.

Whatever makes you think that Tom Brokaw or Bob Scheffer is a "left leaning liberal"? Or, for that matter, Rick Warren?

Have you ever read Brokaw's "Greatest Generation?" It's hardly left leaning.

I'm suspecting that the only debate moderator that would satisfy you is Sean Hannity.

Whatever makes you think that Tom Brokaw or Bob Scheffer is a "left leaning liberal"? Or, for that matter, Rick Warren?

Have you ever read Brokaw's "Greatest Generation?" It's hardly left leaning.

I'm suspecting that the only debate moderator that would satisfy you is Sean Hannity.

I've always thought Brokaw was more of a moderate conservative than a moderate liberal :whoknows:also too Predicto, but according to 81, it was a left-leaning debate.

two points for you.

Amen.

I have seen all the debates and all the moderators, even for the VP debate and all have been left leaning liberals.

So why isn't this biased?? Wouldn't it have been good sense to to have at least one maybe two who don't swing towards the left??

Who do you want? Limbaugh? :rolleyes:

Bob Schieffer did a fine job and should have been the Moderator for all three debates.

~~mod edited for content~~

This is why I don't take you or some others seriously. You don't debate but rather insult and name call. Which I might add, most who think like you usually do.

Some on here acually had meaningful conversation about it without the child-like antics.

I asked a question. Didn't make a statement about my political beliefs and instead of coming up with a reasoned answer, you acted like a 10 year old who just got sent to their room without dinner. :doh:

What I find most disturbing is that alot of poster like you rather than share an opinion, think firstly that yours is better than others. Second, you stoop to thinking or acually calling others who have opinions different than yours stupid or kool aid drinkers. (maybe not directly but in some form or fashion)

And for your info, sharing opinions doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong, just means there is debate about the issue. Some people need to be reminded of that since some assume that just becuase they shar their opinion means that everyone else should cave to theirs since it's obviously right!

Most people who think they are right and everyone else is wrong tend to be socialpaths.....just saying

Archived