Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does 10-6 get us in

andyburd

I hate to look ahead, but the NFC has really improved in a short amount of time.

I know it is early, but if you look at the schedules, there could be 5-7 teams at 10-6 by the end of the year. What do you think

This is the year of parody in the NFL. Its a big mystery at this point. I know the winnner of the NFC west most likely won't have 10 wins which is a real shame.

we need to go at leat 4-2 in the division with a 11-5 record IMO.

P A R I T Y

Parody is what they do on SNL

At this point it may be a real concern, but having head-to-head tiebreakers against the Saints and Cards definitely works to our advantage. We need to add whoever is playing the NFC South to our list of teams to root for.

P A R I T Y

Parody is what they do on SNL

At this point it may be a real concern, but having head-to-head tiebreakers against the Saints and Cards definitely works to our advantage. We need to add whoever is playing the NFC South to our list of teams to root for.

S O W H A T, Y O U U N D E R S T O O D W H A T I M E A N T:doh:

I think 10-6 gets you in if you take care of business in the NFC. I'd venture to say one of the NFC south teams (outside of the division winner of course) is going at least 10-6 and it will depend on how they fair in the NFC. By the looks of things right now, everything is up in the air. I think that we'll know more come week 9 or so. We can start guessing and painting the picture then. I don't think we should lose 6 games. That would be sad considering the talent and leadership on this team. With a collapse like Sunday's, we still should have won that game. I'd be disappointed w/ 10-6 personally even though I said we'd be 8-8 before the season. We're at least an 11 win team IMO. :2cents:

maybe, but the problem is no longer being the #4 in the East. All of the NFC South is competitive as well, which really means 6 teams playing for 2 spots.

The Falcons and Panthers will come back down to earth. The Saints will win it and the Bucs will finish at 10-6 at best. They may be a contendor.

10 wins could possibly do the trick, depending upon who those ten wins are against. But I don't think that ten wins will win the division, and that's what I'm looking at. The past two times the Redskins were in the playoffs (2005 & 2007) they had to go on the road. If we win the division we'll be guaranteed at least one home playoff game (honestly I think that the winner of the NFC East will get HFA throughout the playoffs to begin with). We know that the Redskins can win on the road, but knowing that we'd get at least one game at home would be a nice luxury.

Depends. Right now there are at least six teams trying to fit into four spots. And all these teams are 4-2 at worst:

Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, Bucs, Panthers, Falcons.

And there's a bunch of 3-3 teams that want a shot.

Redskins need to keep winning. 11-5 would be nice. 10-6 might be a problem.

Look at it this way, if the season ended today, we'd be the #5 seed and playing at Green Bay in round 1. But there are still 10 games left for us to improve our positioning.

St. Louis taught us, and hopefully our team, not to look past anyone. They'd better be ready next Sunday since Cleveland just put a hurtin on the Giants.

It is so early in the year and so many divisional games need to be played. I think 10-6 is almost a guaranteee to get in unless you are the Browns from last year. The fact that we have beaten the Saints and Cardinals and so far have the tiebreaker against the Cowboys is a good thing. You can quote me if you want but I GUARANTEE the skins make the playoffs at 10-6.

Archived