Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn: "Sorry we lost."

TSO

I LOVE Zorn as a human being, and as our Redskin's coach.

He is a genuine person - sincere, honest, and has integrity. I hope he takes the team to task for this loss, and has them focused for the upcoming games -- one game at a time.

I also hopeCoach Zorn gets more aggressive on the offensive play calling i.e. "we go for the kill when we have the opponents on their heels."

We should have put away the Rams we didn't. We let them hang around, and we all know what happened next! When in the redzones - we NEED and MUST score TDs. :applause:

I truly can have nothing but respect for a man who puts everything he has into his work and legitimately feels sorry if he fails. He knows the fans are let down, and he's sorry about that. He's probably sorry for things he couldn't control either. I feel badly when I hear him say he's sorry, because through the past several months I've gotten to feel out this guy and you can tell he is a very geniune and emotional person. He doesn't need to say he's sorry for me to know he is sorry and upset. Nonetheless, that was a standup thing for him to do.

I have a feeling we are going to see a fired up team next week who are determined to put out better results.

I didn't catch the entire press conference but I did see this part of it and the way I read it was Zorn being kind of sarcastic (in a good way).

The way I interpreted it was him saying to the media in the room and us fans, "It's sucks we lost but it happens......sorry".

It fits his MO so far, he seems pretty cool and confident regardless of what is going on. It's a refreshing change from what we've been force fed previously.

Now, we lose next week to Cleveland and I might not find it so palatable anymore.

I am absolutely SICK about this loss but Zorn has earned a Mulligan in my book. I believe in him and nothing about this loss changes that. Its what he does with this loss that really intrigues me. Pasting Clevelan would be exactly what the doctor ordered here and I think he knows that.

I am sorry you allowed a bad football team to come to our house and win.

Great coaches win the tough games, check..

and smash the terrible teams NOPE!

Well don't jump to conclusions just yet.. we have two more pretty terrible teams to practice on in the next two weeks.

How quickly we forget that if Rex Ryan doesn't call that time out the 3-13 Ravens who lost to the hapless Miami Dolphins defeat the undefeated Patriots and the aerial assault of Tom Brady. Anything can happen in an NFL game. As a fan I feel most of us watch these games knowing that. Hell I'm sure it's why we watch them.

Not trying to fan the flames, but he should be sorry. He knows that his lack of any deep pass plays cost this team. Please don't believe turnovers cost us this game. Because if it wasn't for a gift from Jackson, we don't score in the first half.

The Rams gave up 400 yards passing to the Eagles and we didn't try them deep one time? They only had 3 DB's and we never went deep. There is no excuse for his poor play calling. I like the energy that the guy brings, but I'm really starting to question his ability. No excuse for not putting 20 points on this team, even witt the turnovers.

Pathetic display of coaching. Where were the halftime adjustments? The offense looked horrible against the worst defense in the league.

I'll bet anything the Giants stomp the frigging Browns tonight and they come out againts us and look like Super Bowl contenders.

This team is mentally weak and lacks the professionalism to take care of its business against far, far less talented teams.

You can stick your "sorry" up your ass and try getting a team out on the field that is ready to play.

Even crappy teams get to enjoy shutouts and blowout wins every once in awhile. I'll bet we see neither all year from this team. They are keeping other teams in the game way too much.

The thing that vexes me although it has been somewhat addressed is the lack of production from Moss and the passing game in general yesterday. The way CP was running should have given us much more opportunities in the vertical game - seems to me anyways. I know ARE and Cooley made some plays but other than that it was pretty much nonexistent. I thought Moss would have had a field day in this game.

Search function ain't working, so hopefully I'm not wasting space here.

If you guys watch the Zorn presser that's up on Redskins.com at the very end before he leaves he tells the media " Sorry, sorry we lost" as he's walking away.

Not sure why, but it just gave me this warm and fuzzy feeling inside. You just don't see coaches say that.

sorry huh? how about next time win the game that youre suppose to win. then we wont even come to this. not hard to understand.

HEY TEAM - especially coach Blache;:logo:

Who was #41 Kareem Moore playing for? :silly:

He cost us so many yards, it ain't funny. Someone needs some serious film review and someone needs to do multiple laps, at the very least.

Is the free agency trade dealine over????

Kareem knocked the ball carrier down twice when we had open field, and he blew some easy pics and tackles. ok, I get it. Did you guys dress out a cheerleader as #41? :cool:

JASON, you fell into your old issues, ask any reciever - you were late, release was slower and behind the receiver more than half of the time. JASON - YOU ARE AWESOME. I saw a couple of times in slow mo - the ball threads were sticking on the fingers and it was because your hand was moving sideways rather than down - you pushed some ducks dude!

just snap the ball down harder from the wrist, put that zip in your release! man!

:notworthy Next GAME you go 400 total yrds !! YOU THE MAN JASON ! GREAT SCRAMBLES - like Ol' TIGERS STUFF !

BURN 'EM with the slants, and post cross patterns, Jim !!

I didn't catch the entire press conference but I did see this part of it and the way I read it was Zorn being kind of sarcastic (in a good way).

The way I interpreted it was him saying to the media in the room and us fans, "It's sucks we lost but it happens......sorry".

It fits his MO so far, he seems pretty cool and confident regardless of what is going on. It's a refreshing change from what we've been force fed previously.

Now, we lose next week to Cleveland and I might not find it so palatable anymore.

You got it right ! Finally a coach that accepts what is and doesn't feed the press too much info.

What about PORTIS. We need to give CP his dues. Someone is looking at the ticking clock and realizes this is his pinnicle. CP YOU THE MAN!

Great game.:notworthy

I still think the best line was in reference to pointing the finger at any one player- he said "we win as a team and we lose as a team'.

Yea, I know its been used before, but it does provide some prospective.

Its still a team game, played by human beings. They are not computer controlled, they make mistakes. And I feel confident they will learn from these mistakes.

See y'all in the playoffs.

HTTR

I believe in this team and Coach Zorn. He'll get it together and this team WILL play up to their talents in the future. No apologies needed on this end, Coach. Just make sure your team brings it next week and for the foreseeable future, and we'll be okay. :thumbsup:

Well I do think that Zorn called a crappy game, maybe because the Rams suck he wanted to call other things, however we should have aired it out more and can someone please get Jon Jansen back to the bench, he is good for spot duty only no way he is a full time starter. He sucks and he needs some of the stuff #68 for the Rams was on. Sorry but as much as I like this team, Zorn had an off day and Jansen simply sucks.

Archived