Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn: "Sorry we lost."

TSO

Search function ain't working, so hopefully I'm not wasting space here.

If you guys watch the Zorn presser that's up on Redskins.com at the very end before he leaves he tells the media " Sorry, sorry we lost" as he's walking away.

Not sure why, but it just gave me this warm and fuzzy feeling inside. You just don't see coaches say that.

I don't like his feel good attitude after a loss. I hope he rides the players hard this week and doesn't allow this stuff to happen again. I wish there was a mix between Zorn and Parcells. They have a chance to really go far this year and I hope Zorn is tough when he has to be

I don't like his feel good attitude after a loss. I hope he rides the players hard this week and doesn't allow this stuff to happen again. I wish there was a mix between Zorn and Parcells. They have a chance to really go far this year and I hope Zorn is tough when he has to be

You may have gotten my quote wrong, but if you listen to how he said it the last thing you could call it was "feel good". It was totally sincere... he was definitely sad about it.

You may have gotten my quote wrong, but if you listen to how he said it the last thing you could call it was "feel good". It was totally sincere... he was definitely sad about it.

No, I undertand its just my opinion. I really like zorn, I know he's the right fit for the team. I'm just typing out loud, ranting. I hate these dumb losses to broke teams like the rams. These two losses have been really hard to swallow.

Search function ain't working, so hopefully I'm not wasting space here.

If you guys watch the Zorn presser that's up on Redskins.com at the very end before he leaves he tells the media " Sorry, sorry we lost" as he's walking away.

Not sure why, but it just gave me this warm and fuzzy feeling inside. You just don't see coaches say that.

Tell you what didn't give me the warm and fuzzys was him screaming into the mike "YOU SCTRATCHED THE CAR!!" or words to that effect. That was definately a little weird.

I'm sure the guys had better days but that just left me thinking, whoa! take a chill pill buddy....

Tell you what, though, I'm really starting to like him. The aw shucks stuff was a little irritating for me at first but I like his confidence and easy demeanor.

:helmet:

The lost reminds me of the Raiders lost in 05 when they went 10-6.

Yeah, I remember that one. Everyone had that as a win. Man, this team can't get ****y at all, it really does stink. Thank goodness the cowboys lost so the skins are still second in the division.

I agree that this is a learning experience for Zorn.

But, I'm still very puzzled about the players. This is still pretty much a veteran team personnel wise that has been together for a while. They went through the embarrassment of the Raiders game in 2005. They went through the embarrassment of the winless Titans game in 2006 when we were trying to make a push. A few embarrassments in 2007 as well.

Why do our players get so "loose" or "big-headed" almost every year? They should know with their own history that they can't afford to even think like that.

I agree that this is a learning experience for Zorn.

But, I'm still very puzzled about the players. This is still pretty much a veteran team personnel wise that has been together for a while. They went through the embarrassment of the Raiders game in 2005. They went through the embarrassment of the winless Titans game in 2006 when we were trying to make a push. A few embarrassments in 2007 as well.

Why do our players get so "loose" or "big-headed" almost every year? They should know with their own history that they can't afford to even think like that.

No accountablity for players performances in this area from ownership, managment or fans. This is a poltical town .So most of the blame always goes to the coach or owner regardless. The players are always the innocent bystanders.

For example Sean Taylors last game Cooley's play was so bone headed. He jumped off starts twice because he forgot the snap count. The last time he did the play would of iced the game. It was going to be a touchdown to Thrash.

No one even remembers that play. They just probaly chalk it up as to Gibbs conservative playcalling BS.

In the playoffs Moss gave up on the ball because he thought it was not coming to him. The Seattle defensive back kept his head in the game. A 7 point game with the ball turns into a 14 point game because 1 player has his head in the game the other does not.

In another city the player would be still killed. Here its chalked up to coaching .

Thats why you get players so free to insult coaches after they leave. They know the blame will never go on them.

Its the culture of the redskins since 99 since Norv got fired before the season ended. The owner to the fansis going to hold the coaches accountable before any player and it has showed.

With Marty the players did not play hard until midseason. Bruce Smith went above Martys head to talk to Snyder.

With Spurrier the players started complaining to media guys that Spurrier lets people come late to meetings.

Its never the players fault. Its always the coaches. No leadership at top filters down.You will never hear out of New England the coaching plays not to win from the players there. There asses would be out on the streets.

Zorn has my full support. I hope to see him coaching the NFC team with a bunch of Skins players on it in the Pro Bowl after a Super Bowl win. Damn, I can't wait! HAIL!!!

maybe I'm wrong, but that will never happen... The losers of the conference championship games are the ones who coach in the pro bowl if I'm not mistaken.

I do agree with your last statement though.... HAIL! :logo:

Have you seen him during the games?

The lost reminds me of the Raiders lost in 05 when they went 10-6.

That Raiders loss is all I thought about leading up to this game. Anyway Zorn will get this team to bounce back, all is not lost. :cheers:

BTW, maybe this Rams win will give them confidence to knock off the Cowpokes on Sunday. :fingersx:

That Zorn postgame was intriguing. Though very uncomfortable to watch at times (he seemed to be holding back his emotion, and occasionally it broke through, which was a little jarring), I loved what he had to say, and I feel he hit the collective nail on the head throughout. He's certainly aware of what went wrong, and he'll do his best to make sure this never happens again. I'm not upset with the guy in the slightest.

And the apology, while unnecessary, was refreshingly humble.

Archived