Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This game was lost one one play. Period.

SkinsHokieFan

Folks are trying to pin blame all over the place, saying Zorn coached bad, blah blah blah

It is quite simple. Pete Kendall bats the ball down instead of thinking he is 300 pound running wonder, the Redskins cruise to a win

The D dominated, the O moved the ball quite well today, and that one play cost the game

There is nothing else that needs to be said about this game. I pin this loss fully on Pete Kendall

No game can be lost on one play, its always the sum. A play can certainly contribute. The sum total of all the plays determines the outcome.

:cheers:

Does anyone know what's going on with Kendall? I heard something about him really... and I mean REALLY being hard on himself in the locker room about this fumble, as if he sincerely believed he alone lost the whole game for Washington. I hadn't heard any specifics on what was going on but was wondering if it was mentioned on local coverage or not.

Cooley fights for extra yardage every time he gets his hands on the ball. That's his thing, and to me, that's what makes him a fan favorite. You can't blame him for doing what makes him one of the best TEs in the league

Pete, on the other hand... As soon as he was looking to catch that damn thing, I started yelling at him. Even if he thought it was a fumble, what does he think he's gonna do with it, other that bleed more time from the clock?

.. the point of my post is that this loss can't be blamed on one play. Even if they only get a field goal instead of a Cooley, then Kendall's screwup doesn't matter.

It may seem knee jerk, but most games are won or lost on a single play. You have to play smart every week and this team didn't do that at all today. Yes, the Skins lost this game today because of turnovers and Kendall's play was a turnover that directly led to 7 points.

Yeah, but it wasn't late in the game. It was a contributor. Most games are won or lost by turnovers. Check the stats...

Do you play for the team? That sounds like a team's excuse so they do not have to blame another player for what happened on the field.

While there were other times to play, that play simply lost us the game. Instead of scoring another TD and going up 14-3, the score was now 10-7 and the Rams went into the locker room pumped up and with the momentum. We never got the momentum back again until the 4th Quarter when it was practically too late. All it would take for them was one big play to capitalize and win the game with under two minutes to go in the game. And that's EXACTLY what the Rams did.

How did that one play lose us the game. Why not the fumbles by Cooley or Campbell on strong drives?

I don't think it was just one play. It was Cooley's fumble, Kendall's fumble, horrible punting, dumb penalties, horrible 3rd down conversion rate for most of the game, Torrence getting toasted at the worst possible time etc.... There are so many times we shot ourselves in the foot it's hard to remember them all.

Yeah, it's easy to pick on a OLineman for fumbling the ball, but what about Cooley's costly fumble when we were driving. I mean I understand many people have a mancrush on him and I 'm a big Cooley fan also, but why is he the exception to the rule? One play did not cost us to lose, it was multiple plays and perhaps people forgot that we actually took the lead. There was no excuse to let the Rams convert that 3rd and 13. Hey, I just mentioned another costly play. Imagine that.

I feel for Kendall.While that score did cost us the game,and the smart thing wouldve been to just let the ball hit the ground,The man was trying.He messed up and the whole world is pointing their fingers at him.It was more than a one play deal that cost us this game.

actually come to think of it,your right with the title of the thread.It was one play that cost us this game,The field goal with 2 seconds left on the clock.

I don't think it was just one play. It was Cooley's fumble, Kendall's fumble, horrible punting, dumb penalties, horrible 3rd down conversion rate for most of the game, Torrence getting toasted at the worst possible time etc.... There are so many times we shot ourselves in the foot it's hard to remember them all.

Well said. It was a team loss and you can't point the finger at Kendall. We should have blown out the Rams 28-7 or something like that, in which case that play would have meant nothing.

Cooley cost us 3 or 7 points. Rabach cost us 3 or 7 points. The kicking game gave them points. Jansen got eaten alive. You don't let Avery get behind you on 3rd and 13 with only a minute left...I could go on...the fact is that there were many lapses by many people, any one of which could have changed the game.

It all comes down to the fact that we should have trounced the Rams in a way that made that one play meaningless.

SHF, you're better than that.

We have the talent and coaching to stomp the Rams, and we didn't play well.

Three fumbles, penalties, bad special teams play, suspect play calling etc.

Today was an example of the Redskins that I've known and seen for the majority of my lifetime...and I know we're better than that.

This is still a great team, but lets remember that we're learning a brand new offense, we have a new head coach, defensive coordinator and offensive coordinator.

This could easily be a BAD team. Most rookie head coaches struggle, and this team has responded VERY well so far.

Its gonna be alright, promise.

I blame this on the whole team!!!! We should have won this game easily, however, we overlooked the lambs and it bit us in the butt.

We'll learn from it.

The only thing that makes me mad are these dumb threads that point out one mistake in the game and act as if that was the difference maker when in fact it wasn't.

P.S. I hate when people use "Period." or "Nough said." It really sounds stupid!!!!

Ok he shoulda just layed down on the damn ball!!!

Plain and simple we came out flat, we played flat, and didn't really turn it up till there was a sense of urgency!!! Too Little Too Late... You can't always win games at the end when you hit the OH **** button...

Asides from Clinton Portis tearing it up on the ground game, A decent Y.A.C. play by el., Horton being right where we needed him, overall a good D performance. (nice cov. Torrance at the end) this game we just played FLAT!!!

St. Louis came to play, they hung in there and punched us in the mouth to finish it off...

we just have a lot of work to do folks! that's all there is to it...good teams don't loose at home to awful teams...bad effort and a huge reality check for us I hope...no excuses. we are mediocre right now...It is easy to get up for a cowboy game and an eagles game on the road...good teams win the game we played today...hopefully welearn from this--lots of football left to play.

I blame this on the whole team!!!! We should have won this game easily, however, we overlooked the lambs and it bit us in the butt.

We'll learn from it.

The only thing that makes me mad are these dumb threads that point out one mistake in the game and act as if that was the difference maker when in fact it wasn't.

P.S. I hate when people use "Period." or "Nough said." It really sounds stupid!!!!

we just lost..nough said. if you find that stupid...WAKE UP!

I blame this on Leigh Torrence. THAT was the direct result -- his lousy coverage. A man named Leigh does not belong playing pro football anyway.

For all of those wanting to put it on one play, this was the play. If Leigh turns around, the game is over, the ball was underthrown and he could picked it off. Springs, Rogers, Smoot, even Horton. Where were they?

Folks are trying to pin blame all over the place, saying Zorn coached bad, blah blah blah

It is quite simple. Pete Kendall bats the ball down instead of thinking he is 300 pound running wonder, the Redskins cruise to a win

The D dominated, the O moved the ball quite well today, and that one play cost the game

There is nothing else that needs to be said about this game. I pin this loss fully on Pete Kendall

one play dont decide a game unless it was that soory as lee torrence giving up a 40 yard hailmary with 20 secs left. I agree p kendall play was the dumbest thing i ever seen but we had a whole second half to make up for it against a sorry team and couldnt do nothing. we should have been more aggressive

Same old crap....different year:doh:

Just when we string up some impressive wins...Some fluky BS and bad individual plays cost us.

I dont care if we go 14 and 2...Unless I see Zorn Toting a Lombardi come February...It is not worth getting your hopes up. Having seen the Greatest Skins teams play, Its time for these guys to Put up and beat the teams they are suposed to beat.:mad:

1000000% agreed.

Archived