Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Those who turn their back...

Captain James

Hey ladies and gents,

I deal with a situation quite often and was wondering if anyone else has similar stories...

A buddy of mine used to be an intense Skins fan (I met him in college) but has since turned his back on them. He was a Skins fan up until the beginning of last season and then dropped them cold. He is from up north (MASS i believe) and now claims to be a Patriots fan... What the crap?? Is that not the most bandwagon **** you've ever heard? I'm glad he's paying the price this season cause of how well the Skins are doin and as crappy the Patriots are. Now I can barely even talk football with him because it's hard to respect anything that comes out of his mouth. He's like 26 or 27 so it's not like he's just an immature fan----just idiotic.

Any similar experiences? :logo:

I have a similar situation with one of my friends from high school that used to be a 'big' Skins fan...until the Ravens won the Super Bowl in 2000. He became a 'big' Ravens fan, and I won't let him forget it. Every time he says the least thing positive about the Skins I remind him "You're a Ravens fan. No room on this bandwagon." I say it with a smile on my face, but I mean it. Funny thing is, the rest of his family stayed Skins fans, and they give him crap for it too.

Other than that, though, he's a very knowledgeable and respectable sports fan so I don't hold it against him that much. Just some smack talk really. It was a fun week, and it'll be even better in December. Plus, the 2006 Divisional Playoffs were a real blast as well. :D

So, I guess my advice is to keep giving him crap about it forever and ever, and NEVER let him back on the bandwagon. But, I'm sure you knew that already. :cheers:

I TOTALLY don't get "bandwagon" fans. (We'll use the term "fans" VERY loosely as they simply aren't.).

Following a football team is like nothing else in life, and I can appreciate how non-football fans think the commitment and sacrifices we make are just plain crazy. You can't pick and chose your team at will. It's not like going to the store and thinking "meh, screw Wal-Mart this week, I fancy a change, let's try Kruger honey." More often than not, the bond between fan and team is like NO other in life outside of one's own family, often passed down through generation to generation, from father to son.

This bonehead wants branding with a big ass X so people can recognise him and know the depths of his treachery!

REGARDLESS of owner, coach, personnel or however BAD it get's;

REDSKIN FROM CRADLE TO GRAVE! (And ANYONE on here who isn't, what the hell are you doing here to begin with? The door's that-a-way, please make sure it hits you FIRMLY on the ass as you pass through it!).

Hail.

Hey ladies and gents,

I deal with a situation quite often and was wondering if anyone else has similar stories...

A buddy of mine used to be an intense Skins fan (I met him in college) but has since turned his back on them. He was a Skins fan up until the beginning of last season and then dropped them cold. He is from up north (MASS i believe) and now claims to be a Patriots fan... What the crap?? Is that not the most bandwagon **** you've ever heard? I'm glad he's paying the price this season cause of how well the Skins are doin and as crappy the Patriots are. Now I can barely even talk football with him because it's hard to respect anything that comes out of his mouth. He's like 26 or 27 so it's not like he's just an immature fan----just idiotic.

Any similar experiences? :logo:

Never had that experience myself, but good riddence to him!!! I hate guys who one minute like a team when they are up and the next minute turn their back when the team is down. This guy obviously doesn't know the true meaning of "Fan Appreciation":2cents:

I knew a kid in middle school who was a Redskin fan, but after the Petibon season and the 94' Norv season he swapped to the eagles. He is not a real fan, he just likes to piss me off.

I went to school with a ton of bandwagon fans. It was like the U.N. of football teams.

I knew a kid in middle school who was a Redskin fan, but after the Petibon season and the 94' Norv season he swapped to the eagles. He is not a real fan, he just likes to piss me off.

I went to school with a ton of bandwagon fans. It was like the U.N. of football teams.

AKA Dallas fans of the 80s , the reason for the term "bandwagon".:dallasuck

the dude probably wasnt even close to being a hardcore Redskins Fan to begin with.

The TRUE Redskins fans stay the course even in rough seasons.

Perhaps YOU and HE both thought his fanfare of the Redskins was hardcore but the truth comes out during Losing seasons.

One of my favorite all time quotes...

"You like your team when they are winning but you fall in Love with your team when they are losing."

Basically meaning that when they are losing you realize how much it angers you and how much you ACTUALLY DO CARE cuz it will ruin your day/mood etc..

have no respect for people like that....I call them casual fans. I frequently hear folks say they used to be this and used to be that when in actuality they were not anything at all. Just someone who jumps from team to team depending on how the wind blows. Those here that serve as the most rabid, extreme, and dedicated skins fans would never convienently jump form team to team.

My stupid cousin is like that. He's from VA and his dad and I are the biggest Skins fans in the family and so was he until a couple years ago when he was all of the sudden a Falcons fan...I was like WTF man?

Apparently it was because Mike Vick (pre-dogfighting) and Virginia Tech alum going there.

Then last December I was home for Christmas and he was at my grandmas and told me he was a Patriots fan!!!

Dumb as ****

Archived