Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 6 ESPN Power Rankings

NeueRedskinWelle

Tenn is good, but we should be ahead of them. Our opponents are 15-9, theirs are 5-17 or something like that.

The combined record of Dallas' wins is 5-14. Dallas has benefitted so far. Green Bay is starting to look like hot air early on this season.

BTW, Cowherd said yesterday that we're going to see the slow decline of the Cowboys due to their soft coaching and training camps. He thinks the rest of the division is much more physical and Dallas plays soft with no heart. Lots of talent,but also lots f prima donnas.

Unfortunately we are bound to lay an egg sometime. I mean we have had zero offensive turnovers this year and probably even more amazing is that we haven't even been close. There hasn't been one pass that a defender got two hands on. There hasn't been one scrum for a fumble that we have come up with. The closest was probably Jason Campbell and Ladell Betts getting their signals crossed in Dallas with Campbell able to corral the ball in the air and actually gain about six yards.

You know it's coming though. Campbell is going to have a 3 pick game or fumble twice while being sacked. I'm not saying that as a slight to Campbell but it happens to everybody and every team. How we respond to it will show a lot about this team.

I sure hope the players are in the frame of mind to earn the 7-1 record they are being granted by fans and pundits.

Our 3 opponents are professional sports teams and human beings. As such, they cannot be overlooked.

If our team plays their 'A' game for all 3, then we should be in that state, but historically, this team doesn't focus well on opponents that they should beat easily.

While I have seen a new trend forming with Zorn as coach, I can only hope that it continues to counter the historical tendency of our players.

Call me nervous but hopeful.

Yes but historically we don't go into Dallas and Philly and win back to back. The team is focused and we are going to go 7-1, deal with it. Jeez!

Unfortunately we are bound to lay an egg sometime. I mean we have had zero offensive turnovers this year and probably even more amazing is that we haven't even been close. There hasn't been one pass that a defender got two hands on. There hasn't been one scrum for a fumble that we have come up with. The closest was probably Jason Campbell and Ladell Betts getting their signals crossed in Dallas with Campbell able to corral the ball in the air and actually gain about six yards.

You know it's coming though. Campbell is going to have a 3 pick game or fumble twice while being sacked. I'm not saying that as a slight to Campbell but it happens to everybody and every team. How we respond to it will show a lot about this team.

Good points. I fully expect some turnovers, but I don't expect them to kill this team like they have in the past.

We've shown that we can come back from negative plays quite well. After penalties or sacks we've done a good job of regrouping and gaining first downs. Also, I would classify punt return TDs in the same general category as turnovers in terms of "sudden change" plays and we've responded quite well as a team in those two cases.

Again, turnovers will happen, but there's no reason to believe that a) we'll have a 5 or 6 TO game or B) they will cripple this team and insurmountable when they do happen.

:2cents:

Both the Titans and Giants will slip because they have soft schedules. It'll be interesting to see who's with us at 7-1.

Very bad karma here. There are no guarantees we win 3 more in a row. I'd say it's very likely we lose at least 1 of those games.

Both the Titans and Giants will slip because they have soft schedules. It'll be interesting to see who's with us at 7-1.

we gotta long way to go until we are 7-1 my friend. Were playing bad teams, but they have to beat someone this year, I just hope its not us. I think we should win the next 3, but many people around here think its a gaurantee...

Archived