Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 6 ESPN Power Rankings

NeueRedskinWelle

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/ranking?team=was

" This team should be 7-1 at the midway point. Jim Zorn has made all the right moves over the past month. (MM) "

They arn't officially up yet, however if you click on the 'Rankings' tab on the redskins page at Espn, you'll see we moved up to 3. I saw cowboys were at 4 so I'd assume it'd go:

Giants

Titans

Skins

Cowboys

I'll edit this post when the official list comes out as well.

**** EDIT ****

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2008&week=6

Power Rankings are up.

I'm loving it.

Giants

Titans

Skins

Cowboys

Steelers

Panthers

Broncos

Bills

Patriots

Bears

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/ranking?team=was

" This team should be 7-1 at the midway point. Jim Zorn has made all the right moves over the past month. (MM) "

They arn't officially up yet, however if you click on the 'Rankings' tab on the redskins page at Espn, you'll see we moved up to 3. I saw cowboys were at 4 so I'd assume it'd go:

Giants

Titans

Skins

Cowboys

I'll edit this post when the official list comes out as well.

On the right hand side you can use the drop down to pick another team to see their week 6 standing. ;)

The cowturds are at number 4!!!! Hip Hip Hoooray!!!!

I sure hope the players are in the frame of mind to earn the 7-1 record they are being granted by fans and pundits.

Our 3 opponents are professional sports teams and human beings. As such, they cannot be overlooked.

If our team plays their 'A' game for all 3, then we should be in that state, but historically, this team doesn't focus well on opponents that they should beat easily.

While I have seen a new trend forming with Zorn as coach, I can only hope that it continues to counter the historical tendency of our players.

Call me nervous but hopeful.

Both the Titans and Giants will slip because they have soft schedules. It'll be interesting to see who's with us at 7-1.

Please stop the 7-1 talk guys, it freaks me out. At the end of the day, St. Louis still has guys like Steven Jackson and Torry Holt, Cleveland has playmakers in Donte Stallworth, Braylon Edwards, and Kellen Winslow. And well, the Lions...ok, we should beat them. Lets just take it for what it is, WE ARE 4-1, PERIOD! We'll see where we're at three games from now.

Please stop the 7-1 talk guys, it freaks me out. At the end of the day, St. Louis still has guys like Steven Jackson and Torry Holt, Cleveland has playmakers in Donte Stallworth, Braylon Edwards, and Kellen Winslow. And well, the Lions...ok, we should beat them. Lets just take it for what it is, WE ARE 4-1, PERIOD! We'll see where we're at three games from now.

I don't play for the Redskins so I can look at the next games. With that being said, the old Redskins would be good for at least one lost in the next three games. But with this new Redskins team it is not ridiculous to say that we WILL win these next three games. But it is the NFL, you know any given Sunday.

Serious string of trap games...St Louis with a bye week to prepare, and a coach to rally around, and Bulger back in-that could be trouble. Really.

Cleveland has the best talent of the 3 and could start clicking on offense by the time they play us.

And the Lions...well, as Miami proved last year-it's very hard to go winless. Hopefully we don't get caught by the laws of average.

The Giants should also slip once they play a team with a .5 or better in the win column.

This irritates me... they've played competators with a TOTAL W-L of 5-13 (and of which, we gave them 4 of those 5 W's when they beat us.) Our beaten competators Total W-L is 11-8, which is way harder than what they have. Power rankings don't mean much when the #1 team is only beating teams with loosing percentages.

I don't play for the Redskins so I can look at the next games. With that being said, the old Redskins would be good for at least one lost in the next three games. But with this new Redskins team it is not ridiculous to say that we WILL win these next three games. But it is the NFL, you know any given Sunday.
No, it's not ridiculous to say that "we WILL win these next three games". But, is it practical?

Wouldn't it be more practical to just take one game at a time?

Did anyone predict Miami beating New England?

Serious string of trap games...St Louis with a bye week to prepare, and a coach to rally around, and Bulger back in-that could be trouble. Really.

Cleveland has the best talent of the 3 and could start clicking on offense by the time they play us.

And the Lions...well, as Miami proved last year-it's very hard to go winless. Hopefully we don't get caught by the laws of average.

Agreed, Let's not count our chickens before they hatch.

Agreed, Let's not count our chickens before they hatch.

Cooley said on Monday on DC101 - everyone please go listen to it - they are NOT taking any of the games lightly even though the radio jockey was making it seem like they are easy games. Cooley discounted him twice on the broadcast!!!!

A washed up quarterback with a brand new offensive system along with a failing OL that won't support its running game under a team that hasn't managed more than 14 points this season doesn't speak leaps and bounds about their ability to execute. I'm not writing it off, but even with a BYE, St.Louis knows they could be walking into the toughest game they have to play this season, playing a team on a 4 game winning streak at home with a pumped up crowd off of 2 huge division wins. Unfortunately for St.Louis, they need a win bad, and if it doesn't come this week, they will get even more demoralized and are likely to be one of the worst in the league.

In short, don't write the game off, but don't make it sound like St.Louis has so much a chance to win as someone like Philly or Dallas. If we play St.Louis the same way we played those games, we all know who will come out on top, and with the way Zorn has been coaching and on top of the team this season, its likely to happen. Humble is the name of the game.

agreed, the Browns area playoff caliber team, they just haven't clicked yet. Hopefully that won;t happen in DC.

The Rams, they have weapons and don't forget Al Saunders may know a few of our player weaknesses. They have weapons, this will be another tough game.

The Lions, well we should beat them. One game at a time.

Did anyone predict Miami beating New England?

I certainly thought it possible after Brady was taken out for the season and quite a few of New England's players left after last season to join other teams for more money. This is a different situation imo.

Archived