Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Westbrook has 2 Fractured Ribs

Skin Deep

From Rotoworld.com

Westbrook

The Eagles revealed Monday that Brian Westbrook fractured his ribs against the Redskins Sunday.

Westbrook's ankle appeared to be fine Sunday, but now he's got a more serious injury. Philadelphia's bye week comes at a great time, and the recovery time from this sort of injury depends on a lot of variables (what ribs, how many ribs, how serious the fracture, etc.) We'll update once we know more. Oct. 6 - 12:09 pm et

Source: PhiladelphiaEagles.com

And I kind of, not really, called it last night...

http://www.extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=5642532&postcount=333

Is it common practice with rib injuries to compress them like the Eagles did to Westbrook during the first half? Knowing now that the ribs were broken, that seems like it would hurt, lol

They didn't think he had broken ribs. They thought that he had a chest stinger or a strain in his rib muscles and were trying to loosen them.

In hindsight, knowing his ribs were broken it wasn't a good move.

Is it common practice with rib injuries to compress them like the Eagles did to Westbrook during the first half? Knowing now that the ribs were broken, that seems like it would hurt, lol

Oh yes - like hell. I cracked a rib playing football back in the day, and it hurt to breath never mind have some guy bouncing on your chest.

I missed two weeks and then they got me an inflatable flack jacket and sent me back out to face the music. I was young and stupid and went ......

The just had a doctor on 610 wip in Philly.

Is he gainfully employed?

Doesn't matter. WB should not play (I don't even need to look at X-rays to come to this conclusion) until after the Atlanta game. That will give him 3 weeks of rest/recuperation. If the Eagles can't beat both San Fran and Atlanta, then he might as well take 3-20 more weeks off because they won't need him after that anyway.

They probably didn't know. I hope, for their sake, they didn't make it worse.

Man... that's a horrible gaffe on the part of the Eagles' medical staff.

Westbrook is the key to their offense, and to not do everything and anything to make sure they know what's wrong before sending him back in was really damaging.

Archived