Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kimbo Slice vs. Ken Shamrock - tonight on CBS (Gina Carano fights)

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson, the famous youtube street fighter, is fighting MMA legend (and complete washup) 44 year old Ken Shamrock tonight at 9pm.

The consensus is that Kimbo should easily handle Shamrock standing up. Shamrock was an extremely good ground fighter back in his day, but he's lost his last 6 fights, and has won 1 fight since 2002. I'd say virtually all fans think he should have hung 'em up a while ago. This fight should be much easier for Kimbo than his last one with James Thompson.

The rest of this card displays a lot of talent for a non-UFC event. Former UFC Heavyweight Champion, Andrei Arlovski, fights a formidable opponent in Roy Nelson. Welterweight Champion, Jake Shields, considered to be the #2 welterweight in the world, defends his belt against a fearsome muay thai kickboxer in Paul Daley. Murilo "Ninja" Rua, the brother of UFC superstar "Shogun" Rua, faces a very tough match against Benji Radach. And yes, Gina Carano....

ginacaranoiscrushks8.jpg

...fights tonight, against Kelly Kobald. Who is probably a little better than Gina on the ground. Gina has a lot of attributes you guys will like, but as far as her muay thai kickboxing, she has serious talent. Enjoy the fights!

Ken Shamrock weighed in at 206 lbs. Which would enable him to fight in the Light Heavyweight division. Kimbo weighs in at 235. It's obvious that Shamrock's gameplan is to slip around Kimbo and catch his leg in a submission. Coming in at a heavier weight would just slow Shamrock down to a molasses-like pace. Shamrock has a glass jaw, he has to look for a submission right away. Should be a quick fight.

Event Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ra4EYbuFOk

RIP Shamrock's credibility and career.

I wonder if Gina is the type of woman who likes to be in charge or because she is so used to kicking ass that she likes to be the submissive one. You know race car drivers usually drive slow when they are off the track, football players usually play softer sports like golf and such. I wonder if she is submissive and easy going in real life.

Either way I would fight her...and win!!

why isn't Carano fighting that Cyborg chick who beat the hell outta that other girl last time out?

they're both fighting tonight, but different people.

EliteXC is going to milk Kimbo and Gina as much as they can before even the casual fan starts asking why they aren't fighting for belts. Cyborg poses a serious threat to Gina, although I'd pick Gina to win a tough battle with her, at this point.

I believe I've heard that if Gina and Cyborg both win tonight, they will face each other next time out. I've also heard musings of Tera LaRosa (The #1 female fighter in the world) making a move to EliteXC.

With Affliction and EliteXC joining forces, they can both respectively stay afloat for a little while longer than expected. I think EliteXC will throw Kimbo at Brett Rogers, and Gina at Tera LaRosa, right before they're about to crash.

EliteXC is going to milk Kimbo and Gina as much as they can before even the casual fan starts asking why they aren't fighting for belts. Cyborg poses a serious threat to Gina, although I'd pick Gina to win a tough battle with her, at this point.

I believe I've heard that if Gina and Cyborg both win tonight, they will face each other next time out. I've also heard musings of Tera LaRosa (The #1 female fighter in the world) making a move to EliteXC.

With Affliction and EliteXC joining forces, they can both respectively stay afloat for a little while longer than expected. I think EliteXC will throw Kimbo at Brett Rogers, and Gina at Tera LaRosa, right before they're about to crash.

makes alot of sense. although i think i would take Cyborg over Carano. Cyborg looked and fought like a female Wandy :(

why isn't Carano fighting that Cyborg chick who beat the hell outta that other girl last time out?

they're both fighting tonight, but different people.

I think that's Carano's next fight if they both win tonight, it kind of has to be if you're Elite XC. I'm taking Gina tonight over Kobald but I'd take Cyborg over Gina probably.

I don't know if this has been posted yet but....

http://deadspin.com/5059032/gina-carano-gets-nude-makes-weight

I don't think this should be allowed in all seriousness. You can't make weight, you can't make weight. She was probably throwing up massively or something backstage to make weight.

seeing as she's EliteXC's 2nd most important assest, i'm actually surprised they just didn't move the division to 145lbs to make it easier on her.

she obviously is going through hell to get to 140 and this is the first time in her last few fights that she's actually made weight. pretty soon its goin to catch up with her

Archived