Should the Skins Resign Pete Kendall?

Soup

Who won the debate?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who won the debate?

• Biden
    • Palin
    • Neither

He's a 33 year old Guard but the skins run to the left more and it seem as though he can go a couple more years. I've not seen anything that should deter the Front office from resigning him for a couple more years. I believe he's a free agent after this year and I don't think he'll ask for too much to come back.

If he'll take a one year deal with performance based incentives, I don't see a big reason to let him go if he wants to come back. We definitely don't need to overpay for a guy this old, so if he wants a multi-year deal with pay a 26 or 27 year old guard should get, then no, absolutely not. Hopefully Rhinehart will be a confident start next year, but if Kendall is still playing good ball and wants to come back (winning this year, I'm sure would make an easier case for Kendall to come back), I see no problem with it.

I'm not a fan of keeping old people around as they lose a step towards the end of their career, but if he's playing well, theres no reason to let him loose, imo.

I'm not saying they should resign him to a 6 year 30 million+ contract. While the skins get Rinehart up to speed and bring in some other younger talent, I wouldn't mind signing him up for a couple of years at the 1.8 million/year deal he has now. Though I agree younger is the way to go, I worry about losing productivity in the running game if they put in a 2nd year player like Rinehart.

Archived