Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.COM - Al Davis accuses Patriots of Tampering (Randy Moss) *A MUST READ*

F Landry

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b46979&template=with-video&confirm=true

Belichick denies tampering accusation

Associated Press

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Patriots coach Bill Belichick denied Wednesday the claim by Raiders owner Al Davis that New England had a workout with Randy Moss before obtaining him in a trade with Oakland.

Davis said Tuesday that the Patriots had tampered with Moss before the deal in April 2007 that brought the wide receiver to the Patriots for a fourth-round choice that year on the weekend of the NFL draft.

"I've told the story about Randy many, many times," Belichick said in a conference call with members of the media covering the 49ers, "and the first time I ever talked to Randy was the Sunday morning of the second day of the draft last year.

"So that's the first time I met him. That's the first time I talked to him. There was no workout. There was no other contact with him."

Davis made the tampering accusation after ending a news conference in which he announced the firing of coach Lane Kiffin.

Asked Wednesday if he had a response to Davis, Moss said, "No, not at all."

Click here to read more...

And the saga of Al Davis and the Raiders' downfall continues. You really need to read the whole article, the quotes in there of Al Davis really are hilarious. He just sounds senile "whats his name" is mentioned at least 4 times. :doh:

Al Davis is the shnizz. Just wait. In 2-3 years the raiders will be a force. They've sucked since like 2000, but what team doesn't have down years? Al Davis is overbearing but he knows what he is doing. The Raiders actually have a good defense. Which is why I can't understand why Kiffin would want to fire Rob Ryan. The Raiders defense was beastly last year. It was the only reason they won any games. Imagine if they actually had an offenxe to give them some rest and keep them off the field.

Al Davis is the shnizz. Just wait. In 2-3 years the raiders will be a force. They've sucked since like 2000, but what team doesn't have down years? Al Davis is overbearing but he knows what he is doing. The Raiders actually have a good defense. Which is why I can't understand why Kiffin would want to fire Rob Ryan. The Raiders defense was beastly last year. It was the only reason they won any games. Imagine if they actually had an offenxe to give them some rest and keep them off the field.

This entire post is false.

Al Davis has no idea what he is doing, he has to refer to himself in 3rd person to remember who he is.

This entire post is false.

Al Davis has no idea what he is doing, he has to refer to himself in 3rd person to remember who he is.

Umm, in 2006 the Raiders had the #3 defense in the entire league. Seems like Al did something right. In 2007 they fell to 22, but that is understandable considering their tendency to go 3 and out.

Al Davis has assembled a lot of talent. He just needs to find a coach that can make that offense work and motivate the players. Lane Kiffin is a joke. Another failed college coach that will probably never have another head coaching job his whole career.

Umm, in 2006 the Raiders had the #3 defense in the entire league. Seems like Al did something right. In 2007 they fell to 22, but that is understandable considering their tendency to go 3 and out.

Al Davis has assembled a lot of talent. He just needs to find a coach that can make that offense work and motivate the players. Lane Kiffin is a joke. Another failed college coach that will probably never have another head coaching job his whole career.

The Raiders are where old players on the downfall go to finish their career. Its like a retirement community really.

2006 was an anomoly. they let players in that had 1 last drop in the tank ;)

Archived