Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

REDSKINS FANS IN THEIR EARLY 20's AND YOUNGER

buenosdiaz

Is this the most confident you have ever felt in the Redskins this early in the season.

For the first time I feel like we are among the best in the NFL, I have felt that we are sleepers before and could beat a team on any given sunday.

This morning I feel like we are among the elite and we have the weapons in place and the coaching to run the table.

Don't get me wrong there have been offseasons I have felt that way, but during the season? I can't even remember that!

Hopefully this is how you older fans felt back in the Gibbs I era

The last time the redskins won the superbowl I was starting grade school and learning hail to the redskins in public school (woo hoo montgomery county for instilling these redskins values early on!)

Here's to a great season!:cheers:

Keep it up skins!

Absolutely this is the best I have felt about the skins to start the season in years. Our offense is straight ballin right now and our defense is playing the way the have been the past few years. I am definitely not going to buy my tickets to the playoffs or superbowl. I am going to stay pretty level headed because we have another huge game next week. If we go to philly and beat philly I think I will start to get really excited about this team. I think we are a damn good team and it feels damn good to be a redskins fan right now.

good for you guys. you deserve to feel like I did growing up even if it just on a slightly less of a scale. the skins look good and this is the best I have felt since Gibbs left us the first time. It was like having filet mignon for dinner every night and then suddenly getting ramen and stale bread for a decade. well we are now back to eating steak and I need someone to pass the A-1 sauce!!

If i was stupid enough to get that excited about this team...yeah, it definitely would be the best feeling i have had about the skins. However, I am not allowing myself to go ape s*** yet. I want to but i have had my heart broken way too many times by getting excited way too early.

Dont get me wrong, i think we have a good team, shoot, maybe even a great team. We have won three in a row and beat the concensous number one team at there house, JC has looked great, the play calling and defense has been awesome. But its still not enough for me.

Looking at our upcoming schedule i need 4 more wins in a row before i reach the hysteria that a lot of you are already feeling. Maybe its past experience, maybe its my cynical nature but i am cringing waiting for the next let down. Heres to hoping it never comes.

I don't know, I felt very confident in the 'skins at the beginning of the 2005 season; had it not been for a terribly officiated game in mile-high, we would've been 4-0 against a tough starting schedule. If Brunell hadn't gotten hurt near the end of the season, I think we would've faced Pittsburg in the superbowl. Our current D still has me a bit concerned; if our corners go down for a sustained period, we're screwed.

I always tell my family if we could just score over 17 points a game, we are gonna win a lot of games. Defense has been pretty good for the last little while. For some reason the best that I felt was for some reason when the Skins started out like 7 and 1 and were rolling and then to my dissapointment, I believe we missed the playoffs. However, I am excited about this years start to the season. Just hope they keep on truckin.

Is this the most confident you have ever felt in the Redskins this early in the season.

For the first time I feel like we are among the best in the NFL,

I was going to start a thread saying that for the first time in my life I feel really really good about the Redskins.

My whole redskins life (1996 - Present), we could never be consistent. .500 records, 10 lost seasons, blowout wins followed by blowout loses it was fery fustrating.

But I am starting to see the light, I am not saying we are going to win the Super Bowl, but with this win in Dallas and a win in Philthy it will feel good to say that we are strong contenders.

Honestly? I'll feel confident when we win it all.

We're old enough to remember starting out 7-1 and then ending 9-7 and not making the playoffs. 1996 or so?

I do remember that. I also remember 2000 where something similar happened.

I do hope our team can keep going strong though the way they already have. They have the confidence and motivation going in.

In 2000 at least, the team did not have the same camaraderie that this team does, I feel. Since this team is mostly built up and has played together a while, it has a better chance.

Archived