Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

my xbox just died!!!!!!

squatch66

i know i know big surprise right?

i bought a damn elite in january and i just got the red rings of death!!!!!!!

i know its under warranty and i already set up a repair online but god damn it not even a year!!!!!!

:tantrum:

the good news is that they will repair it quickly...and if you are an xbox live suscriber, they'll send you a gift card for a free month of xbox live.

I got the ring of death and sent it back to be fixed.

But I still have issues with it. I get the dreaded "disc unreadable" so often right in the middle of a game that I don't even want to play anymore. When you get to the 3rd quarter of game only to have the "disc unreadable" to rear its ugly head it just makes you not want to play anymore.

It has been a disaster since day 1.

Let's all say a quick prayer that mine continues to function like new. I've had it for just over a year, and that seems to be the time-frame when this stuff pops up.

So far, so good, for me though. Hopefully it'll continue. Hope you get yours back quickly, 66.

Let's all say a quick prayer that mine continues to function like new. I've had it for just over a year, and that seems to be the time-frame when this stuff pops up.

So far, so good, for me though. Hopefully it'll continue. Hope you get yours back quickly, 66.

brag about it some more whydontcha!!!!!!!!1

:silly:

i know i know big surprise right?

i bought a damn elite in january and i just got the red rings of death!!!!!!!

i know its under warranty and i already set up a repair online but god damn it not even a year!!!!!!

:tantrum:

Yeah, I had a buddy that bought one of the newer Falcon systems and his died on him 8 months after he got it. Just send in for your coffin and ship it out. It really does suck that they haven't been able to straighten this out. And with their timetable on this consoles life cycle, they probably never will. Hopefully they'll get things right with the next Xbox.

Yeah it died while TO was running a route and then Romo sits to pee got nailed by Landry and BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha now thats funny.

im itching to get my damn box here so i can send it out and get it back. ups says that its not going to be here until the 29th. then microsoft says it can take up to three weeks for them to get it fixed and shipped. i am encouraged though because some have said that they get them back quicker. my step brother also told me that they have a center in fort worth so it should be back soon.

Did you have a replacement plan from the store you purchased the system from? If so, you could just take it there and walk out with a brand new system that day.

Thats what i did, got a 3 year warranty from best buy. I have the elite system too. If anything happens just take it back in, and walk out with a new one in 5 mins.

buy a ps3. no problems. *knocks on wood*

Ditto.

Actually, I found out the other day that the one PS3 problem I have had... was caused by ME. A year after the fact, I realized that I accidentally hard-switched off the unit in the middle of a system update... because I was too lazy to check whether it was doing anything before I went running off to get some ribs from Famous Dave's. :doh:

Sony was kind enough to replace the unit anyway, even though in retrospect I imagine they knew I screwed it up. Yay Sony!

Other than being sabotaged by its idiot owner, my PS3 has been a tank. No overheating, no loud fan noises, no red rings (lights in the PS3's case) of death, etc. It's just an amazing machine.

Anyone else have problems with the "disc unreadable"?

My son's was having the same problem about a month ago. We bought it for Christmas, but couldn't find the receipt. Called them, read the S/N, they said it was under warranty. We sent it back and got a 'NEW' one about a week later, along with 1 month extension for X-Box live.

Thats what i did, got a 3 year warranty from best buy. I have the elite system too. If anything happens just take it back in, and walk out with a new one in 5 mins.

Hell, you might even get some money (gift card) because of the price drops. That happened to me with my system in late July.

-My nephews wake me up saying that there are some "weird bubbles on the screen" and a flashing red ring.

-i proceeded to freak out for an hour or so.

-remembered that I had a replacement plan

-took it back to BB and walked out a few minutes later with a new system, a gift card for $80 (minus $60 for the new replacement plan) and let out a huge sigh of relief.

Archived