Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskin insider reply

TOPKATS

TOPCATS your sig is the best by far.... Employee of the month, ha

Its not a smart move on his part, I don't like Vinny, I actually liked JLC but you never do that to the team. What if the call sparked the nfl just to check out the interview and the NFL did find somthing. Imagine losing just one of our short supply of draft picks, it would be a huge deal, especially the need for backups the defense requires.

This dude is a legend in his own mind.

I had enough of him when he was implying that Vinny should've let the media know the team's intentions with Taylor.

In this instance, he is inserting himself as the policy enforcer (ombudsman, if you will) for the league, the team, or whomever gives him attention.

I don't fully understand his credentials with regard to football in general. I only question this because of his meaningless and pointless strategy sessions he holds on WP Live.

Maybe he lost in his fantasy league last year and is trying to show someone up.... Screw Man U and to hell with the Red Sox in honor of this guy...

Jason LaCanfora is a good reporter in my view. He asked the league if they considered what Vinny Cerrato did was tampering. That is part of his job. How is that not his job?

Cerrato decided to go on the air and try to generate negative public opinion against LaCanfora. Having nothing factual to say, Cerrato instead said something that he knew wasn't true - that LaCanfora was somehow filing charges against the Redskins.

LaCanfora demonstrates irritation about this dishonest demagogery intended to damage the reputation of him and his newspaper.

Who wouldn't be irritated if someone did the equivalent to you?

People who throw stones shouldn't live in glass houses.

Take the beam out of your eye first.

Jason LaCanfora is a credit to his newspaper and a fine reporter.

Jason LaCanfora is a good reporter in my view. He asked the league if they considered what Vinny Cerrato did was tampering. That is part of his job. How is that not his job?

Cerrato decided to go on the air and try to generate negative public opinion against LaCanfora. Having nothing factual to say, Cerrato instead said something that he knew wasn't true - that LaCanfora was somehow filing charges against the Redskins.

LaCanfora demonstrates irritation about this dishonest demagogery intended to damage the reputation of him and his newspaper.

Holy Crap he's here!

sorcerer is that you?????? quit trying to align the moons of nimbus to work in your favor

But it wasn't even close to tampering. Not even freaking close. Not even close enough to ask for an interpretation of the rules on it.

You know what? If Vinny said something that could reasonably be construed as tampering, and JLC asked the league about it, I'd be willing to say he was just doing his job. it still might piss me off, but I'd recognize that it's his job. But when he comes out of leftfield with something that couldn't be spun into tampering by any reasonable observer, to me that's malice and goes beyond good journalism.

Even the league essentially said the question was ridiculous and a waste of their time.

That's malice right there.

Did JLC really send that? Because - forget anything else that's gone on - that reply alone shows his negative feelings are so strong that he can't possibly cover the Redskins as a reporter. Time for a reassignment to the metro desk for Jasno. Honestly, "lying", "pathetic", "fools", "mockery". This in reference to someone he's paid to report on. There's no way he belongs on this beat, I don't even know why he'd want this job.

I think he just wants to be the next Bob Woodward or the next Carl Bernstein. Either that or those guys who broke the Black Sox scandal.

I sent the editor an email. How do I get to my clipboard so I can get to the email I sent? I copied it in case it didn't go through when I sent it. Anybody know how to get it? I'll post what I wrote if I can figure out how to get it.

You can either post a reply and then right click in the blank space and choose paste or if you want to keep it on your computer you can go to start, then run then type notepad and hit okay. Right click in the blank space in the new notepad doc and choose paste or do a CTRL+V.

I don't get this...for some reason the Redskins are in a fight with a newspaper that they have zero chance of winning. Sorry, but the Washington Post has a far greater reach than Redskins.com or ESPN 980. They deliver over 5 million newspapers per week, not to mention their website visitors. I wish the Skins would just be the 'bigger man' and drop this fight.

I don't get this...for some reason the Redskins are in a fight with a newspaper that they have zero chance of winning. Sorry, but the Washington Post has a far greater reach than Redskins.com or ESPN 980. They deliver over 5 million newspapers per week, not to mention their website visitors. I wish the Skins would just be the 'bigger man' and drop this fight.

Wow...I hope that you don't teach that way of thinking to your kids.

You can either post a reply and then right click in the blank space and choose paste or if you want to keep it on your computer you can go to start, then run then type notepad and hit okay. Right click in the blank space in the new notepad doc and choose paste or do a CTRL+V.

But I have copied other things since I copied the email. How can I get to something I copied after having copied other items?

Wow...I hope that you don't teach that way of thinking to your kids.

If my kid owned a football team I would try to make sure they focus on football and not getting into a PR fight with an organization that's been in the PR game for over a century, especially when 'winning' this fight serves absolutely zero purpose.

Jason Lacanfora. How are you doing?

Go back to reporting soccer.

What REALLY sucks is that the comPost will just allow this thing to blow over with NO punishment whatsoever for that talking pile of crap. JLC will act in his blog as if nothing happened and will continue to do what he's always done.

I will no longer read ANY of his crap. I will, however, be happy to read any threads here that continue to trash that egomaniacal sumnabalachi.

Yah, I've always found it highly respectable to go around yelling f-bombs in rooms full of strangers- causing the 5 people in the room who know how you are to silently shake their heads in embarassment- because of the 5-10 people who don't know who JLC is are wondering who is this crude, unprofessional, uncouth, foul-mouthed simpleton who feels like saying "****" over and over again actually thinks he is.

Anyone who thinks JLC is a credit to anything has never spent any time around the man. That's a fact. He dresses like a slob, he's completely unprofessional, rude, arrogant, foul mouthed, and an overall embarassment

He is an embarassment to the Washington Post and to the profession of journalism in general.

It's actually a good thing that there IS a riff between the WP and the Redskins. Because that is the only thing, in my opinion, that allows him to keep his job. Because when he's repeatedly called on his shenanigans, he can simply cry about how the Redskins have an axe to grind. And management at the WP buy it.

LA CANFORA ACCUSES CERRATO OF SLANDER - PFT

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/23/la-canfora-accuses-cerrato-of-slander/

At one point on Monday, Cerrato was imprecise (inadvertently or otherwise) in his description of the situation, and he suggested that La Canfora had actually “charged” the Redskins with tampering.

Later on Monday, the Post responded to Cerrato’s accusation via an entry from sports editor Emilio Garcia-Ruiz.

Garcia-Ruiz explained that La Canfora called the league office only to generally ask whether tampering rules could be implicated if Cerrato were to answer questions about persons under contract with other NFL teams, and that the Kiffin situation was mentioned only to “provide context.”

But then Garcia-Ruiz offered a quote from a league spokesman, which painted a somewhat different picture, in our view: “Jason LaCanfora called our office and said that Vinny Cerrato was talking in specifics on his radio show about the Raiders’ coaching position. Jason wanted to know if that could possibly be a tampering issue.”

Despite the tap-dancing from Garcia-Ruiz, the reality is that La Canfora specifically called about the Kiffin comments, and not part of a general inquiry into what Cerrato can and can’t say about persons under contract with other teams. The reasonable inference that can be drawn from this is that La Canfora was hoping to blow the whistle on Cerrato and the Redskins.

But then Garcia-Ruiz offered a quote from a league spokesman, which painted a somewhat different picture, in our view: “Jason LaCanfora called our office and said that Vinny Cerrato was talking in specifics on his radio show about the Raiders’ coaching position. Jason wanted to know if that could possibly be a tampering issue.”

Despite the tap-dancing from Garcia-Ruiz, the reality is that La Canfora specifically called about the Kiffin comments, and not part of a general inquiry into what Cerrato can and can’t say about persons under contract with other teams. The reasonable inference that can be drawn from this is that La Canfora was hoping to blow the whistle on Cerrato and the Redskins.

Yep. This is what jumped out at me. Garcia-Ruiz pretty much called himself a liar in his very own blog post by posting the league's comments. The league's comments run contrary to what Garcia-Ruiz was suggesting, yet he posted their comments anyway. Funny stuff.

Probably because they're tired of the constant backhanded slaps the paper has taken at Snyder over the years. Sure, the guy has needed some criticism, but the Post has treated him like the Anti-Christ.

The Post may have a bigger reach than the radio station, but one has to wonder how many of their dwindling subscribers have more allegiance to their favorite team than to the dying paper that is already old news by the time it hits their doorstep.

Besides, it seems to me that JLC took the shots in this case, and has followed it up with even more unprofessionalism.

I don't want a homer to report on the team. I want an unbiased reporter reporting on the team, and JLC fails miserably. His bias and personal axe to grind gets in the way of his objectivity, and in this instance, he has violated the code of journalism, which is to report on the news, not create it or influence it.

He's over the line, and I don't blame the team for taking his employers to task over it.

~Bang

Let's step back for a second and think about this. Let's say for argument's sake that JLC is telling the absolute truth here. How much friggin irony is there in this whole thing? He serves up innuendo and not so subtle jabs about Vinny, Danny, Portis and the Skins all the time and reports it as fact through anonymous sources. How is this any different? Vinny reported through his anonymous league source that this is what Jason did. Sorry but this is too funny for words.

Who is the Editors boss? I finally got a response in regards to the email that I sent Emilio Garcia-Ruiz (JLC's editor), and he absolutely thinks that all JLC did was make a "routine phone call". This is ridiculous! Does anybody know who Emilio's boss is? I know he is only the assistant editor, so he has to have a boss somewhere.

Its not a smart move on his part' date=' I don't like Vinny, I actually liked JLC but you never do that to the team. What if the call sparked the nfl just to check out the interview and the NFL did find somthing. [/quote']

If that happened, that's ALL on Vinny. Unless JLC was the only person in the Nation listening to the broadcast.

Who is the Editors boss? I finally got a response in regards to the email that I sent Emilio Garcia-Ruiz (JLC's editor), and he absolutely thinks that all JLC did was make a "routine phone call". This is ridiculous! Does anybody know who Emilio's boss is? I know he is only the assistant editor, so he has to have a boss somewhere.

Take Vinny's hook out of your mouth and then consider that maybe Garcia-Ruiz's response has some validity.

Archived