Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskin insider reply

TOPKATS

Take JLC out of your mouth and consider Redskins fans have a reason to be upset with his conduct in this situation and others.

Personally, I couldn't care less what JLC writes, thinks, or does. This is a beef between him and the organization, and has very little bearing on how I feel about the team, and how hard I'll root for them on Sunday. I'd rather make my own opinion than get mad about someone elses. And this phone call? So what? Whatever JLC's intentions were, the NFL found nothing wrong with anything that was said by Vinny. The case has been closed everywhere but here.

Take Vinny's hook out of your mouth and then consider that maybe Garcia-Ruiz's response has some validity.

And we should all listen to you and your opinion because...? We all have a right to our own opinion, and frankly, I'm not gonna take Vinny's "hook" out of my mouth any more than your gonna take JLC's out of yours. No person on this board is saying that Vinny is God or Vinny is perfect. What we're saying is that we're sick of JLC's crap. You can take it all you want, but don't spew your garbage around here like your word is bond and above everyone else's. After all, we would have to question your credibility since you seem to be such a sucker for JLC.

And we should all listen to you and your opinion because...? We all have a right to our own opinion, and frankly, I'm not gonna take Vinny's "hook" out of my mouth any more than your gonna take JLC's out of yours. No person on this board is saying that Vinny is God or Vinny is perfect. What we're saying is that we're sick of JLC's crap. You can take it all you want, but don't spew your garbage around here like your word is bond and above everyone else's. After all, we would have to question your credibility since you seem to be such a sucker for JLC.

I, for one, have great respect for what Dan T. offers to this board, which is a reasoned and measured approach to all topics. He spews no garbage; he simply asked that we consider the notion that there is validity in what JLC's editor said about the incident, and that we not take Cerrato's word without verification because of a personal distaste for JLC.

I, for one, have great respect for what Dan T. offers to this board, which is a reasoned and measured approach to all topics. He spews no garbage; he simply asked that we consider the notion that there is validity in what JLC's editor said about the incident, and that we not take Cerrato's word without verification because of a personal distaste for JLC.

Thanks, head.

For now, I guess I'll wait until the frenzy subsides before I try to cram my opinion about this down anybody else's throat. All those throats are too sore screaming for JLC's head.

Edit: Never mind. In for a dime, in for a dollar.

Actually, if you read his posts about this topic (not just this thread), you'll see that his argument is pretty transparent in that he blames Vinny for this whole situation. He wants all of us (who support Vinny and refute the idea that JLC made the call with good intentions) to believe that it was all Vinny's fault b/c he was the one who first brought the information to light in his radio show.

He wants us to see to see that this is all Vinnys fault with no regards to the fact that JLC is just as at fault for making an unsubstantiated, retarded at best, bone headed phone call for no other reason than to stir up drama. He is as biased in his opinion on the matter as everyone who is sticking up for Vinny, yet he makes smart ass comments wanting people to see just how foolish Vinny was in the whole matter.

I would have done the same thing if I was Vinny. If people can't see that JLC has a personal vendetta against the Redskins, then that's their problem, but don't come here and try to ridicule the people who actually see the truth of the matter-that JLC is a complete moron.

Actually, if you read his posts about this topic (not just this thread), you'll see that his argument is pretty transparent in that he blames Vinny for this whole situation. He wants all of us (who support Vinny and refute the idea that JLC made the call with good intentions) to believe that it was all Vinny's fault b/c he was the one who first brought the information to light in his radio show.

He wants us to see to see that this is all Vinnys fault with no regards to the fact that JLC is just as at fault for making an unsubstantiated, retarded at best, bone headed phone call for no other reason than to stir up drama. He is as biased in his opinion on the matter as everyone who is sticking up for Vinny, yet he makes smart ass comments wanting people to see just how foolish Vinny was in the whole matter.

I would have done the same thing if I was Vinny. If people can't see that JLC has a personal vendetta against the Redskins, then that's their problem, but don't come here and try to ridicule the people who actually see the truth of the matter-that JLC is a complete moron.

Yes I'm positing that Cerrato made this a story. JLC said or wrote nothing about it until Cerrato outed the phone call, and characterized it as leveling a tampering charge.

I am also sure that JLC would jump all over the chance to report that Cerrato tampered on his radio show, and if there was anything to it, would print it in a heartbeat. But he looked into it, was told there was nothing to it, and dropped it.

I'm not sure which of my comments you considered "smart ass", and I don't know how you surmise that I considered Vinny was "foolish" in this. Vinny scored a huge hit on a big enemy of his.

At this point, I don't doubt that JLC has much animosity toward Cerrato too. My whole position in all of this, though, is that animosity goes both ways.

Personally, I couldn't care less what JLC writes, thinks, or does. This is a beef between him and the organization, and has very little bearing on how I feel about the team, and how hard I'll root for them on Sunday. I'd rather make my own opinion than get mad about someone elses. And this phone call? So what? Whatever JLC's intentions were, the NFL found nothing wrong with anything that was said by Vinny. The case has been closed everywhere but here.

I think this is a little bigger than JLC vs. the Redskins. It's the entire Washington Post vs. Daniel Snyder. Of course, JLC can hide behind his newspaper, and Snyder can hide behind the team. It's all soap opera B.S., really.

Yes I'm positing that Cerrato made this a story. JLC said or wrote nothing about it until Cerrato outed the phone call, and characterized it as leveling a tampering charge.

I am also sure that JLC would jump all over the chance to report that Cerrato tampered on his radio show, and if there was anything to it, would print it in a heartbeat. But he looked into it, was told there was nothing to it, and dropped it.

I'm not sure which of my comments you considered "smart ass", and I don't know how you surmise that I considered Vinny was "foolish" in this. Vinny scored a huge hit on a big enemy of his.

At this point, I don't doubt that JLC has much animosity toward Cerrato too. My whole position in all of this, though, is that animosity goes both ways.

Regardless of who hates who more, what JLC did was wrong. Just plain wrong. This isn't the first time he has claimed tampering charges against the Redskins. Not to mention, I'm sure he has resources that he COULD have used to find out about the tampering laws that he brought to the attention of the league office.

My whole point here is that JLC knows what those laws are, but b/c he wanted to be a jerk, he called up the league office and played stupid in the hopes that some type of controversy would be started. This, IMO, is wrong regardless of who hates who and who has what axe to grind with who. I understand that the Redskins have an axe to grind with the Post as well, but to start unnecessary drama for no reason other to start drama is wrong.

You are drastically over-estimating JLC's character and integrity. Like- by a lot.

Regardless of who hates who more, what JLC did was wrong. Just plain wrong. This isn't the first time he has claimed tampering charges against the Redskins. Not to mention, I'm sure he has resources that he COULD have used to find out about the tampering laws that he brought to the attention of the league office.

My whole point here is that JLC knows what those laws are, but b/c he wanted to be a jerk, he called up the league office and played stupid in the hopes that some type of controversy would be started. This, IMO, is wrong regardless of who hates who and who has what axe to grind with who. I understand that the Redskins have an axe to grind with the Post as well, but to start unnecessary drama for no reason other to start drama is wrong.

Okay, again...

Cerrato started the drama. JLC didn't.

If there WAS a legimate issue of tampering on the GM's radio show, JLC would have jumped all over it and printed it in a heartbeat. As would any beat reporter worth his salt. And truth be told, he couldn't type fast enough knowing he was busting his nemesis - there's no denying the animosity overriding this whole affair. He certainly would have started THAT drama. But there wasn't, so he dropped it.

I think this is a little bigger than JLC vs. the Redskins. It's the entire Washington Post vs. Daniel Snyder. Of course, JLC can hide behind his newspaper, and Snyder can hide behind the team. It's all soap opera B.S., really.

Agreed. I still don't know why we as a fanbase care so much. It really doesn't have a whole lot to do with us. We don't need to read JLC's negative spin any more than we need to read Larry Michael's overly positive one.

In terms of putting him on the level with Vinny

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I have no doubt that the antagonsim runs both ways in this little affair, and I suspect Cerrato can hold a grudge as well as any reporter that's pissed off the Redskins in the past.

Okay, again...

Cerrato started the drama. JLC didn't.

If there WAS a legimate issue of tampering on the GM's radio show, JLC would have jumped all over it and printed it in a heartbeat. As would any beat reporter worth his salt. And truth be told, he couldn't type fast enough knowing he was busting his nemesis - there's no denying the animosity overriding this whole affair. He certainly would have started THAT drama. But there wasn't, so he dropped it.

But JLC made the call, therefore HE actually started the whole thing.

The most ridiculous part of this, the part that makes it very apparent to me that La Canfora simply wanted to rat out Redskins management, is the fact that it was absurdly absurd from the beginning for anyone to think that this could be construed as tampering. I mean, have you heard the segment? Cerrato was merely commenting on the situation there was never a moment where he or anyone else made it sound like they had any influence on the Kiffin situation or that they even cared about the outcome. It was one of the hot rumors in the NFL that Kiffin would get canned, it was simply being talked about on a sports radio show.

JLC proved by making that phone call in such ridiculous circumstances that he is allowing his personal vendetta (regardless of why he has it) influence him beyond his journalistic means.

Jason LaCanfora is a good reporter in my view. He asked the league if they considered what Vinny Cerrato did was tampering. That is part of his job. How is that not his job?

Cerrato decided to go on the air and try to generate negative public opinion against LaCanfora. Having nothing factual to say, Cerrato instead said something that he knew wasn't true - that LaCanfora was somehow filing charges against the Redskins.

LaCanfora demonstrates irritation about this dishonest demagogery intended to damage the reputation of him and his newspaper.

Who wouldn't be irritated if someone did the equivalent to you?

People who throw stones shouldn't live in glass houses.

Take the beam out of your eye first.

Jason LaCanfora is a credit to his newspaper and a fine reporter.

Al Davis is that you? If so then please put your poor coach out of his misery and fire him already. I know you are trying to get him to quit so you won't have to pay him but that won't work. You're just making yourself look like a fool by dragging this thing out and by siding with JLC.

Archived