Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Last Week's Broadcast Booth

Jino

For some reason here at ExtremeSkins, many folks can't stand the broadcasters who cover our games (except for Aikman). However, I must say that last week's crew with Billick and Baldinger were VERY good. Although I hated him as a coach, he's got the right stuff as an analyst. Obviously, he knows what he's talking about and his inside knowledge as a coach really drew me in. Plus, he's a good talker. What do you guys think?

After listening to Mike, Mike and Mike during the Oakland - Denver game I have to give props to any true broadcaster. They were so bad it made me realize you can't just plug someone in and expect them to do well....it's much harder than it looks i guess.

Billick was pretty good on Sunday. He knew what he was talking about it seemed like.

I thought Billick was pretty good and having him there made Baldinger (sp?) a little less wordy which is good. Struggling to fill up air time can be hard and Brian goes off on macho cliche mode far too often. Having a little help made him much better.

I guess the three man model provides less pressure to always be speaking, and some other observations to work off of.

It also helped that Billick was just being himself and not a little Madden which so many of those guys do.

All around pretty good.

After listening to Mike, Mike and Mike during the Oakland - Denver game I have to give props to any true broadcaster. They were so bad it made me realize you can't just plug someone in and expect them to do well....it's much harder than it looks i guess.

Billick was pretty good on Sunday. He knew what he was talking about it seemed like.

X2...........Great example of the saying.......Don`t quit your day job!

:cheers:

For some reason here at ExtremeSkins, many folks can't stand the broadcasters who cover our games (except for Aikman). However, I must say that last week's crew with Billick and Baldinger were VERY good. Although I hated him as a coach, he's got the right stuff as an analyst. Obviously, he knows what he's talking about and his inside knowledge as a coach really drew me in. Plus, he's a good talker. What do you guys think?

I agree 100%. It's was the first time I enjoyed someone's commentary. Billick did a great job. :applause:

Forget these guys...they are Pat Sumerall compared to Tony Kornheiser...That man was made for the mute button. I thought he was going to ask Jerry Jones up to the booth for a conjugal visit. ESPN fails on monday night because of him.

Uhhh dude hate to be the barer of bad news but this thread is about the Redskins game broadcasters not the MNF guys :)

Just got done watching the end of the game myself, not bad and not annoying seemed like

Baldinger lives up to his name each and every time I listen to his block-headedness.

Billick could become a tremendous booth guy. For that being his first time, not too shabby. [And I don't personally like him either.]

I was thinking that most coaches turned announcers have been alright with me. The one exception being Glanville. Obnoxious, and tried too hard.

LOVED Hank Stram!

Archived