Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heat Stroke in Section 429 A.K.A surface of the Sun

Cannon2

All the vendors definitely did NOT get the memo - I was paying $5 a pop for water as well. Grrrrr...'

As far as the heat - **** yeah it was hot. I stood up to celebrate TDs a couple times, and almost fainted. Vision was going black and crap, got super dizzy. It passed both times before I actually fainted, so I guess I got lucky?

91, 105, eh--- sounds like a nice cool day from where im sitting where if its under 120 you're doing well... j/c i know thats miserable in ol Fedex-- hopefully when im home on midtour leave in a few weeks during the browns game i can get some real "football" weather.

91, 105, eh--- sounds like a nice cool day from where im sitting where if its under 120 you're doing well... j/c i know thats miserable in ol Fedex-- hopefully when im home on midtour leave in a few weeks during the browns game i can get some real "football" weather.

Thank you for your service to our country and putting up with our whiny posts about the heat while watching a football game. I know you didn't mean it that way, but your post reminded me that a lot of people have it much tougher than I do.....

Hail!!

My wife and I went to the UVA USC game and it was near 95 index that day in C-Ville. They were handing out free water and had cooling tents set up on both sides of the stadium. Because of this, as I was walking out of the game yesterday, i saw a lady with stacks of Dasani. I "assumed" that this was the same set up. Nope, 5 bucks a pop. we bought about 20 bucks worth, but I was disappointed, but not surprised, for the County and for the team that I didnt see more pro-active measures in place.

I had kids with me, so we actually left our lower bowl seats in the second and third quarter to go up to the club level and suites. (returned to them in the fourth. Funny thing was, the prople in the suites were fighting over keeping the windows open or not because of the "heat". I guess it is all relative.

anyway, we WON! made it all absolutely bearable..

God bless you, brother.:point2sky

Communication must have been affected by the heat. Stand outside 423 was charging $5 a bottle for water AND for a cup of ice , even after you spent $6 on a damn cup!

Walked to either side of the 423 stand and voila..... free ice!

I hope that this record stands for a VERY, VERY long time!

I overdid it also.

Early on I felt really bad. Stood up, went to throw water on my face. Noticed the First Aid office was near my seats and walked over. Told them I felt crappy. They just told me to sit down and chill for a bit. It was cooler in there......and I went back to my seat after 5 min.....right as kickoff was happening.

Really nice guys. If any of them are ESers..... thanks!

All the vendors definitely did NOT get the memo - I was paying $5 a pop for water as well. Grrrrr...'

Well, the memo never made it to the Club level.

I spent $30 on 6 bottles of water for Sapphire44 and I. :doh:

I normally go inside during halftime and return to my seat at the beginning of the 3rd quarter, but not yesterday.

I didn't go back to my seat until the beginning of the 4th quarter because it was just too hot sitting on the sunny side of the stadium.

It was baking in 431. I drank 3 jugs of gatorade during the tailgate and a bottle of water on the way in.

I bought a bottle of water from the lemonade stand and the girl gave me a cup of ice.

In order to save money, all you have to do is save your cup. The food concessions, as well as the first aid station(s), will give you ice. You can refill the cup in the bathroom sinks. It's just tap water. It's potable and it tastes fine.

As far as the heat - **** yeah it was hot. I stood up to celebrate TDs a couple times, and almost fainted. Vision was going black and crap, got super dizzy. It passed both times before I actually fainted, so I guess I got lucky?

I have a feeling that everyone got the memo. This is the first time I've heard of them selling water for $1. I bought two bottles of water...one for my sister and one for me (my seats are covered so we were out of the heat all day and had a nice breeze blowing the entire time). As I said, this is the first I've heard of them selling water for cheaper...I forked over $10 to the vendor when I bought the water without him even telling me how much it was. I assume now that he pocketed $8 as a tip. If they're going to sell it for $1, then they should advertise it for $1. That said, I wonder if we'll get the same courtesy of them lowering the prices of hot chocolate and coffee at the end of the season when it's 20 degrees...probably not.

My issue yesterday wasn't the price.. my issue was that I did not see one vendor in my section selling water.. All I saw was the beer salesman.

If they are gonna get all uppity with Diageo and say they want fans acting appropriately, how about not pushing a bunch of beer on people when the heat index is 105+

How about doing the intelligent thing and replace some of the beers the vendors are selling with water?

Wow, it seems like a bunch of people who went to the game wimp out real easily! I went shirts off at the tailgate and inside the stadium, which helped with the heat. Didn't drink any water during the game, but I did crush 4 Miller Lite Drafts to keep me hydrated. I watched the ENTIRE game from my seats (which were in the sun) except for a quick piss break at halftime.

I sat in 432 and when I got home I realized I had sun posioning (atleast I think I did)...it was this spotty rash all over my shoulders. My face was burnt real bad, but once I took some Benardryl I was good to go. Spots are gone this morning, but my face is still crispy

Archived