Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor or Rotation @ DE

darrelgreenie

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think Evans will play more this week. Blache said he wants to get Wilson and James inside more on passing downs. I think they should play Evans more on obvious run downs and Taylor more on obvious passing downs until he is 100 percent.

When/if Taylor gets back to form there still should be a rotation of players. He is not young anymore. Keep him fresh.

Taylor at 244 is not going to be able to hold up for 16 games at DE even if he is 100%.

I thought Taylor ranged at about 250-55 in Miami but those must have been just the official weight stats from the team roster page.

It appears we have a 34 year old situational pass rusher that now is limited by the knee he twisted a couple of weeks ago.

rotation

until he is 100%, Evans > Taylor

i think taylor is going to be just fine. i do like chris wilson but i would prefer jason in there to work thru it and make his presence known..
Jason Taylor is one of the greatest pass rushers in the history of the game, even though he isn't 100% teams still have to account for him alot more than Evans and Wilson.

I like all of these things...parts of each.

I think JT will get BACK to his FEAR ME state.

THAT is when I want him out there

I think Evans will play more this week. Blache said he wants to get Wilson and James inside more on passing downs. I think they should play Evans more on obvious run downs and Taylor more on obvious passing downs until he is 100 percent.

When/if Taylor gets back to form there still should be a rotation of players. He is not young anymore. Keep him fresh.

hopefully james will turn out to be our justin tuck. i dont really care if he doesnt play that much this year he just needs to take it easy on that knee.

I believe he did rotate out there a little bit against the Giants. I think he's smart enough to get out of there if he feels the knee can't take it. I'm looking to see some definite improvement over the Giants game,( and I believe he didn't do all that bad in that game).

If the guy is hurt and says on NFL network, he can't go full speed yet (when mentioned about 90% he said he wished he was 90%), I feel your hurting the team. At minimum ROTATE him out with HEALTHY players. The way he played against the Giants, sitting out ONE game wouldn't make a difference and is not a game changer. Ridiculous you have 4 DE's riding the pine and play the hurt guy? Maybe the other DE's are a little hungry to get out there and prove they can make a difference for the team.

I don't really like any of the choices, so I'll just post my opinion.

It really depends on how healthy JT is. If he's ready to go and can contribute, play him for the majority and rotate in Chris Wilson and Demetric Evans.

If JT can't contribute than a rotation of Chris Wilson, Erasmus James and a little bit of Rob Jackson is the best choice. That way Demetric can spell Andre on some running downs.

I'd like to see Wilson and Evans inside on passing downs with Carter and Taylor on the ends. Wilson did a nice spin move last week at DT to get a sack (or was it a hurry?). If he can hold up, I like him from that position on obvious passing downs. We can even rotate Jackson and Wilson at that DT spot next to Evans.

Those guys could be our Justin Tucks. Then we play Carter and Taylor at end, and possibly rotate Taylor back to LB a little bit to be more variable and take some pressure off Washington and McIntosh.

I'd say rotation of Carter, James, Evans, Wilson AND Taylor, for both sides. Andre Carter doesn't play every down on defense, does he? Maybe Taylor comes in for Carter once in awhile, while James, Evans, and Wilson, hold down their side until one of them emerges as the starter or Taylor is 100%, whichever comes first.

Taylor is probably the best DE at reading and stopping screen plays. I was waiting for one during the Giants game and when it came it happened how I expected, though I wish Eli threw it so he could take it to the house.

We need him against the Saints who will find many ways to get it to Bush, be it a screen or whatnot.

Archived