Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Probe seeks subpoenas for Palin's husband

Monte51Coleman

If Palin received a sweetheart deal on a million dollar home from a convicted felon or was friends with a terrorist it would be front page news until the election. The media has given up even the slightest bit of objectivity.

The Chicago Sun-Times has been digging and digging on this stuff with every ounce of their effort for over a year. They just can't seem to get the dirt on Obama.

Maybe, just maybe, it isn't front page news because there isn't enough there?

If Palin received a sweetheart deal on a million dollar home from a convicted felon

How about "If Palin bought a house on the open market, at market value, from a person who became a convicted felon years later"?

Would that make a difference to you?

Des, you continue to apply one set of rules for your side and another for those with whom you disagree.

Not at all. What I'm saying is if you get caught on camera beating a guy with a wrench you should be subjected to a more substantial investigation than another guy who is simply rumored to maybe have done something wrong.

Evidence -> investigation -> more evidence

Find something concrete on Obama that justifies a closer look and you have an argument. Being that it was already "skimmed over" and they found no cause to move forward I see no seperate sets of rules here.

Somehow, you'd be wrong.

I posted this because it is news. An official investigation of a vp candidate is news.

Even if the republicans don't like it.

I didnt mean it in a personal way. I meant in general. I dont think you are doing the investigation or writing the article. And I also agree that this IS news and worth posting. Its not an attack on you whatsoever.

How about "If Palin bought a house on the open market, at market value, from a person who became a convicted felon years later"?

Would that make a difference to you?

Well is Palin a democrat in that scenerio? That could make all the difference in the world Larry.

Perhaps some things that might tone things down, some.

1) AFAIK, this investigation began long before she was nominated. It may be politically motivated (just about anything involving the Legislature and a Governor has got to have at least some politics in it.) But there's nothing that implies in any way that it's related to her VP selection.

2) Funny, I thought Husbands were exempt from testifying against their wives.

3) Frankly, I haven't heard anything that says she did anything improper.

But I don't think you would lie about it Katie. (Assuming Palin did anything wrong)

Haha, you're right, I'd come right out and say exactly what I did to get the ****** fired. And I'd be proud of it. Then I would probably get fired. <OLS>

That being said, I'm inclined to think Palin didn't lie on this and was within legal boundaries. I could be wrong, and I certainly admit to being biased toward Palin because I like her...but I think this is a totally blown out of proportion, politically-motived investigation.

EDIT: And nothing I've seen so far shows that she was outside legal boundaries. So if that's true, how is "abuse of power" discerned? Is this something that's now at the discretion of whatever prosecuter is in place at the time?

I didnt mean it in a personal way. I meant in general. I dont think you are doing the investigation or writing the article. And I also agree that this IS news and worth posting. Its not an attack on you whatsoever.

Sorry, I misunderstood your meaning.

Your quoting of GoSkins implied intent led me to think you were joining in with him.

:cheers:

Haha, you're right, I'd come right out and say exactly what I did to get the ****** fired. And I'd be proud of it. Then I would probably get fired. <OLS>

That being said, I'm inclined to think Palin didn't lie on this and was within legal boundaries. I could be wrong, and I certainly admit to being biased toward Palin because I like her...but I think this is a totally blown out of proportion, politically-motived investigation.

would you kiss her? :silly:

2) Funny, I thought Husbands were exempt from testifying against their wives.

Not exempt. You can claim a privilege not to testify against your spouse in some circumstances, but you have to show up and claim that privilege and show how it applies to the specific question being asked.

and again, what's your problem with her firing a guy who used a police issued taser on his ten year old and got a DWI while in uniform?

Actually, that's not what this is about.

She fired the guy who was the direct superior to that guy and didn't want to fire him because he thought the claims were a family squabble.

So, here's what we got here: ex-husband is a douchebag; governor wants him fired; person in charge of ex-husband who hasn't done anything wrong gets fired.

Archived