Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1999 TO 2008 A lesson in ownership

Chief skin

Richie Rich gave birth to the present MESS IN 1999 when he bought our beloved franchise and since turned it into one of the biggest money making machines in sports history (congratulations). He has had 9 long years to make us a WINNER and what do we have to show for it a record of 70 Wins and 78 Loses. A record of losing, revolving door of coaches, washed up players in and out, and the JOKE of the NFL. For crying out loud even New Orleans, New Orleans!! WAKE UP PEOPLE even New Orleans laughs at us. Even our great Hall of Fame coach could not get this going (HE busted his tail and willed us into playoffs twice, his best coaching job of his HOF career) 9 years of the same old thing, call me what u will but there are fans out here who are sick and tired , MAD AS HELL. On the other hand there are fans who are eternal optimists, I wish I was one unfortunately, I am a MAD AS HELL REALIST who sees success only when Snyder SELLS

I think the Raiders, Lions, Cards and Bengals are still a step below us, but we are sinking fast. I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here, because it seems more relevant.

Because Snyder has no long-term plan for building this franchise, we will be going nowhere fast for a long, long time. He has the worst possible view one can have when building a team. He has been quoted as saying that his goal every year is to win a SB trophy. When you have an absurd goal, a completely unpractical goal, how can you expect anything other than the results we've witnessed?

Snyder actually believed that we could bring in a new head coach, with absolutely no head coaching experience, a new offensive system and put a QB who's seen nothing but inconsistency since day one here...he thought you could take all that, add a dash of six flags magic and a little Johnny Rockets special sauce and voila we'd win a division with the current SB champions and three franchise QBs and a team that went 13-3 last year and deep into the playoffs.

The whole thing is so upsurd that it's kind of funny. People want to blame Campbell and the O-line and the defense, and the coaches, and the ball and the play-calling...the blame for this disaster of a franchise rests at the feet of Snyder who inherited a proud franchise and has refused to hire competent football people to make football decisions.

I'm a lawyer, does that mean that if I were to become a billionare I would know the first thing about owning a football team? Does that mean that if I had all the money in the world, I could go out and buy a hospital, make myself the chief of surgery and decide when to operate? What Snyder has done is really no less absurd.

A. Tell us something we don't already know. Only a few here defend him.....family members would be my guess.

B. Gibbs 2 was anything but his best. Not sure what you are smoking.

C. I love sammiches.

Hold off on statement B. Let's see what we get out of this team this season. I agree that Gibbs wasn't his best, but he may have done a much better job than any of us realized.

I take it you would rather have Ralph Wilson, owner of the Bills, who is probably considering moving his team to Toronto, over Snyder?

Look, criticize the man all you want, but do not deny that he does not care about this team, or want it to succeed. He's not concerned with other things, especially moving the team, which it seems that other ownership groups seem to be interested in.

Snyder's not selling games to another city in another country and eliminating home games for us fans for a profit. He's also not insane, writing up resignation letters like Al Davis in Oakland (and who knows when he might want to move back to LA again.) At least he cares and tries to put a winner out there. He's definitely not as bad as others.

I take it you would rather have Ralph Wilson, owner of the Bills, who is probably considering moving his team to Toronto, over Snyder?

Look, criticize the man all you want, but do not deny that he does not care about this team, or want it to succeed. He's not concerned with other things, especially moving the team, which it seems that other ownership groups seem to be interested in.

Snyder's not selling games to another city in another country and eliminating home games for us fans for a profit. He's also not insane, writing up resignation letters like Al Davis in Oakland (and who knows when he might want to move back to LA again.) At least he cares and tries to put a winner out there. He's definitely not as bad as others.

Why would he move the team? He gets rich here.

If ticket sales fell off.....he would move the team.

I love sammiches. :cheers:

He's as bad, albeit in a different way. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Snyder doesn't know football, period. Vinny C doesn't know football, period. Snyder likes to wheel and deal, make acquisitions, see his name in lights, negotiate. He should do all that...just not with the football team. Because Snyder found great success from building his own business from the ground up, he thinks he can do anything and find success in any field. How many more crappy seasons of football will it take for him to realize that's not the case? Another year? 10? 20?

Totally agree with you. As much as I dislike the danny, it could be worse. Could be al davis. At least the danny truly loves this team. He's just a fanboy. If any of us made a few billion and bought the team from him, do you think we would be that much different?

Its sad if you look back at all those years. The skins only had one playoff game at fed ex and almost every year seemed to mirror the one we are having now.

I think all this team needs is a Quality GM and an owner that just sits back and doesn't stick his nose where it doesn't belong.

Hold off on statement B. Let's see what we get out of this team this season. I agree that Gibbs wasn't his best, but he may have done a much better job than any of us realized.

THATS WHAT I AM smoking. He made silk out of a sows ear, I don't think any other coach could HAVE WILLED HIS CLUBS TO FIGHT SCRATH WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT TO GET INTO PLAYOFFS

Sadly, we get to enjoy this ownership for another 30-40 years by my estimation. This is just the begining.

Which makes me wonder for those who think this francise will amount to nothing under Snyder why you continue to follow the team? My only guess is masochism. Either that, or you like to whine, ***** and complain.

BTW, we've got a long way to fall before we become the Raiders. That team is a category of ineptitude to itself.

Jason

Which makes me wonder for those who think this francise will amount to nothing under Snyder why you continue to follow the team? My only guess is masochism. Either that, or you like to whine, ***** and complain.

BTW, we've got a long way to fall before we become the Raiders. That team is a category of ineptitude to itself.

Jason

Yeah, the Raiders are in a category all to themselves, though they have been to a superbowl a heck of a lot more recently than us. What would everyone do if we became that bad? I know I could never turn in my fan card, but I definitely would watch a lot more college football. Generally the rule in my house is I get to pick a day of football, Sat. or Sun. Of course, I always pick Sunday, but if we become as bad as the Raiders all around (not just record), I might start picking Saturdays.

Yeah, the Raiders are in a category all to themselves, though they have been to a superbowl a heck of a lot more recently than us. What would everyone do if we became that bad? I know I could never turn in my fan card, but I definitely would watch a lot more college football. Generally the rule in my house is I get to pick a day of football, Sat. or Sun. Of course, I always pick Sunday, but if we become as bad as the Raiders all around (not just record), I might start picking Saturdays.

If we were THAT bad I probably would pack it in. It is hard to get behind a team that you know the owner seems to be single-handedly destroying. It is the reason why I am no longer an O's fan.

Jason

Jason

Because if you love a team you don't give up on it when the going gets tough. I'm optimistic every year, and then we step out onto the field, and I'm forced to face reality. Are you satisfied with the direction of this franchise? I can only assume that you are. Are you satisfied with Vinny and Danny-boy? I know that you are. You've been an apologist for this team since the minute you started posting on this board.

If we were THAT bad I probably would pack it in. It is hard to get behind a team that you know the owner seems to be single-handedly destroying. It is the reason why I am no longer an O's fan.

Jason

Yeah, it would be painful to be an O's fan. I'm sorry. I'm a Braves fan, and we seem to be going down that path.

Jason

Don't write off the raiders too quickly. They're assembling an awful lot of talent on both sides of the ball. You seem to love rookies, McFadden and Russell (not quite a rookie) were out there in full force last night. Yes, it will take the Raider some time to gel, but they have young talent on that team.

We can savethe O's discussion for another time and place, but they've assembled quite a bit of young talent as well...What did Angelos finally do after years and years of ineptitude? He realized he didn't know a thing about baseball and he hired McPhail as GM...every move McPhail has made has put the Orioles in the right direction...when will Snyder come to a similar realization?

Jason

This is nothing, those spurrier years really tested me and many others love for this team.

Richie Rich gave birth to the present MESS IN 1999 when he bought our beloved franchise and since turned it into one of the biggest money making machines in sports history (congratulations). He has had 9 long years to make us a WINNER and what do we have to show for it a record of 70 Wins and 78 Loses. A record of losing, revolving door of coaches, washed up players in and out, and the JOKE of the NFL. For crying out loud even New Orleans, New Orleans!! WAKE UP PEOPLE even New Orleans laughs at us. Even our great Hall of Fame coach could not get this going (HE busted his tail and willed us into playoffs twice, his best coaching job of his HOF career) 9 years of the same old thing, call me what u will but there are fans out here who are sick and tired , MAD AS HELL. On the other hand there are fans who are eternal optimists, I wish I was one unfortunately, I am a MAD AS HELL REALIST who sees success only when Snyder SELLS

Every team except for 7 of them can say the same thing about the past 10 years. Ok, we havn't won a superbowl in a little over 15 years, but many teams have never won one, you can't expect a superbowl every ten years. You can complain if takes more than 30.

I find it amazing how people tend to forget what our record was as a franchise between 1993 and 1999, BEFORE Snyder bought the team. People act like we were SB contenders every year until Snyder took over. Get real. We have improved a lot under Snyder when you compare the numbers to where we were when the Cooke's still had control.

Every team except for 7 of them can say the same thing about the past 10 years. Ok, we havn't won a superbowl in a little over 15 years, but many teams have never won one, you can't expect a superbowl every ten years. You can complain if takes more than 30.

I do not expect to win A sb every 10 years. However I do expect to be competitive and not embarassed by incompetent ownership. 30 F-ING YEARS u are a very patient man. I AM 51 YEARS OLD I dont have 30 F-ING YEARS for these clowns to get it right:doh:

I find it amazing how people tend to forget what our record was as a franchise between 1993 and 1999, BEFORE Snyder bought the team. People act like we were SB contenders every year until Snyder took over. Get real. We have improved a lot under Snyder when you compare the numbers to where we were when the Cooke's still had control.

No kidding.

Sounds like someone needs his diaper changed to me.

It hasn't been perfect, and at times it's been downright bad, but here's a fact

Ten teams in the NFL have made the playoffs in 2 of the last 3 years.

The Redskins are one of them.

But you'd never ever know it by listening to the ****ing that goes on around here.

~Bang

I think the Raiders, Lions, Cards and Bengals are still a step below us, but we are sinking fast. I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here, because it seems more relevant.

Because Snyder has no long-term plan for building this franchise, we will be going nowhere fast for a long, long time. He has the worst possible view one can have when building a team. He has been quoted as saying that his goal every year is to win a SB trophy. When you have an absurd goal, a completely unpractical goal, how can you expect anything other than the results we've witnessed?

Snyder actually believed that we could bring in a new head coach, with absolutely no head coaching experience, a new offensive system and put a QB who's seen nothing but inconsistency since day one here...he thought you could take all that, add a dash of six flags magic and a little Johnny Rockets special sauce and voila we'd win a division with the current SB champions and three franchise QBs and a team that went 13-3 last year and deep into the playoffs.

The whole thing is so upsurd that it's kind of funny. People want to blame Campbell and the O-line and the defense, and the coaches, and the ball and the play-calling...the blame for this disaster of a franchise rests at the feet of Snyder who inherited a proud franchise and has refused to hire competent football people to make football decisions.

I'm a lawyer, does that mean that if I were to become a billionare I would know the first thing about owning a football team? Does that mean that if I had all the money in the world, I could go out and buy a hospital, make myself the chief of surgery and decide when to operate? What Snyder has done is really no less absurd.

Best and most accurate post I have seen on this board in a long time. :cheers:

I am so sick of this **** year in and year out.

Archived