Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1999 TO 2008 A lesson in ownership

Chief skin

That's all fine...but he hired Gibbs in North Carolina, not in his guest house. And I think the money he offers potential coaches plays an integral role in the outcome.

My fault then on the Gibbs part, for some reason I was thinking Gibbs visited his home also. I definitely agree money plays a big part, but it isn't everything as, according to some sources, there were coaches who turned Snyder down, whether or not that is true is still uncertain I believe.

;5521660']I think you might be surprised when it's all said and done.

I've never said Zorn would not succeed. Quite the opposite. I think he will. But I am not going to say that he will be more successful than Gibbs or Saunders. Anyone saying this is basing it on pure faith and not actual evidence.

So you are proposing that Zorn/Smith > Gibbs/Saunders? Interesting theory. I'll believe it when I see it.
Well when your average scoring offense over 3 years is 17th, and your average passing offense over those same 3 years is 18th...clearly there's a lot of room for improvement, especially using a more modern scheme like the one Zorn and Smith are trying to implement.

Richie Rich gave birth to the present MESS IN 1999 when he bought our beloved franchise and since turned it into one of the biggest money making machines in sports history (congratulations). He has had 9 long years to make us a WINNER and what do we have to show for it a record of 70 Wins and 78 Loses. A record of losing, revolving door of coaches, washed up players in and out, and the JOKE of the NFL. For crying out loud even New Orleans, New Orleans!! WAKE UP PEOPLE even New Orleans laughs at us. Even our great Hall of Fame coach could not get this going (HE busted his tail and willed us into playoffs twice, his best coaching job of his HOF career) 9 years of the same old thing, call me what u will but there are fans out here who are sick and tired , MAD AS HELL. On the other hand there are fans who are eternal optimists, I wish I was one unfortunately, I am a MAD AS HELL REALIST who sees success only when Snyder SELLS

This is one of the dumbest f***ing things I have read yet!:doh:

Going through the tough times make the winning seasons and super bowls so much more enjoyable. I remember in 91 the skins were so damn good you almost didn't want to watch them because you just KNEW the outcome. I said almost.

Anyways, those of us suffering through Pettibone, Norv, Shotty, Spurrier, Gibbs 2 and now Zorn (and I don't include Gibbs 2 suffering) will enjoy the next super bowl SO much more because of how bad the Skins have become.

Well when your average scoring offense over 3 years is 17th, and your average passing offense over those same 3 years is 18th...clearly there's a lot of room for improvement, especially using a more modern scheme like the one Zorn and Smith are trying to implement.

Sure, there is always room for improvement.

Although it looks like the Skins progressed pretty far when they had a QB that knew the offense came in. The offense was awesome the last 4 games of the season. And when JC finally mastered it, they probably would have done the same. But now? Back to the starting gate...

There are many here who say, "Oh, give Snyder a break. He wants to win badly and he's trying." Well, I would like to win the lottery badly, but it doesn't mean I'm going to do it. I keep buying tickets but I never win. Snyder may be trying, but he's not succeeding.

There are many here who say, "Oh, give Snyder a break. He wants to win badly and he's trying." Well, I would like to win the lottery badly, but it doesn't mean I'm going to do it. I keep buying tickets but I never win. Snyder may be trying, but he's not succeeding.

Let's hope his odds of succeeding are better than yours :cheers:

If we were THAT bad I probably would pack it in. It is hard to get behind a team that you know the owner seems to be single-handedly destroying. It is the reason why I am no longer an O's fan.

Jason

My fanhood is definitely slipping. I feel like my beloved Redskins are dead and gone. I see guys running around wearing the uniform, but they aren't my Redskins, if that makes any sense.

Last week when they were getting smacked around by the Giants, I didn't even care. No screaming, no throwing the remote. In fact, I was closer to laughter than tears. I've guess I've gotten so used to losing that it dosn't hurt anymore. It's expected.

Up in Philly, surrounded by Iggles fans, I used to be so proud to say things like, "oh, and how many SB trophies do you have????" But that line has gotten really old. At some point, the past is the past. And everything for the past 15 years has been dismal. 15 years people!! Not 5. 15!!!!! Kids that were born the last time the Redskins were good are almost old enough to drive.

My fanhood is definitely slipping. I feel like my beloved Redskins are dead and gone. I see guys running around wearing the uniform, but they aren't my Redskins, if that makes any sense.

Last week when they were getting smacked around by the Giants, I didn't even care. No screaming, no throwing the remote. In fact, I was closer to laughter than tears. I've guess I've gotten so used to losing that it dosn't hurt anymore. It's expected.

Up in Philly, surrounded by Iggles fans, I used to be so proud to say things like, "oh, and how many SB trophies do you have????" But that line has gotten really old. At some point, the past is the past. And everything for the past 15 years has been dismal. 15 years people!! Not 5. 15!!!!! Kids that were born the last time the Redskins were good are almost old enough to drive.

And you can still say "Oh, and how many SB trophies do you have????" No, really. This team was bad before Synder took over. Yes, Synder has made mistakes. Nobody is denying that. But these last 2 years, I think he has made the right decisions in regards to FA. Last year, Fletcher was signed here, and that was a good move. Fletcher is in the top of the league every year with the most tackles. The Skins did nothing this year, which is good. I think they have learned their lesson. See, I cant blame Synder for wanting to win. You can look around the league and see what owner doesn't do anything for the team. Ralph Wilson, the owner of the Buffalo Bills, needs oxygen therapy after he signs a check.

Even Doc Walker said the Skins are on the right path. Keep your chin up, things will get better.

Archived