Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Snyder Turns Your Time Into His Money

Horatio

All other sorts of businesses do this, and have been for sometime. Almost every amusement park in America has a "fastlane" type feature for example.

I've had club level seats, I've had upper level, I've had lower level. I usually get there only 30 minutes to an hour before the game, and I've never had to wait a ridiculous amount of time in line. Now that is just me, but of all the complaints I've read on here about FedEX Field (and I've got some of my own), waiting in line to get in really doesn't get mentioned very often, if at all.

And some people think there is no media bias. But this still won't stop the FO/Danny haters from chiming in. Any slam against Snyder is credible to them, so long as it gives them the opportunity to mouth off as well about a man who is disturbingly polarizing to many fans.

I've found the wait times to enter FedEx through the general admission turnstiles be about 10 minutes on average, when entering a half hour b/f kickoff. Every other NFL venue I've been to has about a 2-3 minute wait a half hour b/f kickoff.

I don't remember long wait times to enter FedEx before Danny began removing entrances for GA season ticket holders. Say what you will about post 9/11 security measures etc. It's not like this in other NFL venues.:doh:

Regardless, I'm still gonna go to every home game at FedEx.:rolleyes:

Did those other stadiums have 90,000+ capacity, sold out every game? I've gone to V-Tech games befor, and I've waited in line there longer than I ever have in FedEx.

Are you really so sure there aren't wait lines at other NFL venues? If the Raiders and Ravens feel they too can turn a profit from "fastlanes" then wouldn't that mean there is a demand, hence they have wait line issues too? Unless you've been to every other NFL venue, or have links to articles saying the wait lines aren't bad at the other venues, then you really don't know. My guess is you've only been to a handful of other NFL venues, and you are using a sample size of 3-5 to represnt a claim of all 31 teams outside of the Skins.

Oh boo hoo. Evil Danny Snyder makes more money then me. Boo hoo.

Bottom line is, if you're willing to give him your money, I'm pretty damn sure he'd be willing to take it. But is he twisting anyone's arm for it by offering new services? No.

I imagine a club level seatholder with 4 years left on his contract would feel differently if he were forced to use a much more crowded entrance to make room for these fastlanes.

Is this one of those threads where we are supposed to be mad that Snyder is a smart business man? The point of him owning this team is to make money. Good for him. Too bad he doesn't understand winning as well as he does making money. Either way, God bless America and the opportunity we all have to get rich if we work hard enough and are smart enough to do so.

The moral of the story really is to get there early. If you get there early, you don't have problems.

FedEx has more than its share of issues for sure, but every time I go to a game, I'm sitting in my seat when the teams are on the field ready for the opening kickoff...and then I look out to the parking lot and see cars still rolling in. I have ZERO sympathy for these people. There are eight home games per year. If these people can't figure out that they need to arrive early, then they DESERVE to stand in line.

Did those other stadiums have 90,000+ capacity, sold out every game?

Are you really so sure there aren't wait lines at other NFL venues?

Unless you've been to every other NFL venue, or have links to articles saying the wait lines aren't bad at the other venues, then you really don't know. My guess is you've only been to a handful of other NFL venues, and you are using a sample size of 3-5 to represnt a claim of all 31 teams outside of the Skins.

Define "sold out". Tickets seem to be available at the box office for most home Redskins games.

NFL stadiums have an average capacity in the 70,000 range.

Actual turnstile attendance (meaning the number of people to pass thought the turnstiles) is usually far below the number of tickets sold for most games.

I didn't say there aren't "wait lines"to enter other venues. What I did say is that the wait times tend to be far less elsewhere than what a GA patron will typically experience a half hour b/f a kickoff at FedEx.

I have not been to every NFL venue. I've attended games in about half of the NFL cities in venues past and present. I've been to about 12 different NFL venues since 9/11.

Sorry, no links to articles about wait times not being bad at other venues.

How do you know that "I really don't know"?

What other NFL venues have you visited?

And this is after raising the cash parking rates the same year that they can no longer offer metro shuttle service?

My, they sure are raking it in, huh?

Cash parking rates were raised to cover the cost of the non-Metro buses. That is obvious. Regular buses cost far more to charter than their Metro cousins. Complain to your congressman, the FTA did it, not Danny.

Cash parking rates were raised to cover the cost of the non-Metro buses. That is obvious. Regular buses cost far more to charter than their Metro cousins. Complain to your congressman, the FTA did it, not Danny.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they don't offer shuttle service from the metro anymore. The buses they are using this year are the same ones they used last year. Thus, no extra cost to them.

It's never been explained how the Metro bus shuttles are still available for the cash parking lots, but not the Metro rail shuttle.

How is one now illegal according to new Fed. law, but not the other?

It probably depends on when the contracts for each shuttle was signed. They probably did them differently since they are essentially two different services.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they don't offer shuttle service from the metro anymore. The buses they are using this year are the same ones they used last year. Thus, no extra cost to them.

Per JimmiJo: Private coaches.

Upgrade Upgrade!

Everywhere I look there are signs of improvement. New ES, new Redskins.com, and best of all, new private coaches to bring us hacks over from the media lots. Where before we had skank-ass metro buses to shuttle us back and forth, we now have posh touring buses replete with bucket seats and flat panels showing satelite TV. Each seat has it's own light and fan.

That my friends is called getting it done and we can thank the federal government for saying no more metro buses as shuttles.

It's never been explained how the Metro bus shuttles are still available for the cash parking lots, but not the Metro rail shuttle.

How is one now illegal according to new Fed. law, but not the other?

When the shuttles were stopped from Metro, the announcement said Metro had a variance to provide buses from cash lots for the first two home games while outsider charters were phased in.

you're wrong. The buses will be private charters during the regular season, which will cause an increase in cost. The cost for cash parking just ties in cash parking expenses, not a recovery profit. Therefore if there is an increase in expense, which ther their will, the price will go up.

you're wrong. The buses will be private charters during the regular season, which will cause an increase in cost. The cost for cash parking just ties in cash parking expenses, not a recovery profit. Therefore if there is an increase in expense, which ther their will, the price will go up.

Thanks for clarifying. I hope he can afford it!

Although I think I saw Vinny behind the wheel of one of them. I suppose that helps.

I normally say something along the lines of 'as long as people are willing to pay, he can charge', but if he is alienating his club ticket holders to build a new income stream, he may be overstepping the line a bit. Especially since those club ticket holders are under contract.
Yes.

The "Club" is not the club it used to be, because it doesn't have the exclusivity is used to have. Now - it's not just club and suite ticket holders. Now you have Dream seat holders. You have TD Club holders. You have Tailgate Club Holders. You have "Guests" of premium seat holders. All these people are filing into the Club taking up seats at tables in restaurants and leather chairs in the humidor, space in front of the urinals, crowding the concourse, etc., that club holders used to have to themselves. And long term club holders can't just say "Hey, this is not fun anymore, I am not renewing." They're stuck to a legal contract for a period of years.

It's not just about creating new revenue streams. It's about respecting the people who are producing the revenue streams you already have. Or not.

For the tailgaiters they will pay it because they can tailgate an extra 20 minutes longer, that is like 4 more beers atleast.
This is true! I think that's half the reason the lower level is so much more popular that the upper. It takes 15-20 more minutes to get up there. And even longer to get down.
Best $1,400 I didn't spend this yr - yes Washington Redskins season tickets.

Got so fed up with the gameday exp I voted with my wallet and decided not to renew my season tickets. And I'm so happy I did...I can also go to any game I want to anyway..

Bingo!

It's one of the easiest tickets in the league when shopping in the secondary market.

Season tickets aren't really necessary like they once were.

That is so, so, so true. And even the parking passes are a dime a dozen now, it seems.

I don't have the experience in other venues that RFKFedEx has, but compared to the few stadiums I've been in, ours is the cheapest to find a ticket for. No wonder the visiting fans come to our stadium in hoardes.

That is so, so, so true. And even the parking passes are a dime a dozen now, it seems.

I don't have the experience in other venues that RFKFedEx has, but compared to the few stadiums I've been in, ours is the cheapest to find a ticket for. No wonder the visiting fans come to our stadium in hoardes.

Mark, a question for you since you're well-versed in the subject. When you say ours is the cheapest to find a ticket for...I assume you're referring to non-premium games (not Dallas, Philly, etc.)? Because I never can find good deals for those games unless I get really lucky and happen to talk to the right person. Now if we're talking about the Rams or the Cardinals...yeah, those tickets are a piece of cake to get a deal on.

I will say this, tough...I think good deals can be had at plenty of other stadiums too. A buddy of mine and I went to the Skins game at Tampa last year, and we got VERY good seats for a very reasonable price. And that's a beautiful stadium down there.

And I've seen people here on ES talking about how they've already bought tickets for the Skins/Niners game in SF this year, and these people are paying next to nothing for those tickets. I know it's the Niners, but people are grabbing some spare change from under their couch and getting tickets for that game.

I guess what I'm saying is, FedEx isn't the only stadium where great deals can be had.

Lastly, I don't go to every game, so when I do go, I like to get my hands on nice seats. Sure, I could sit in the nose bleeds for a low price, but if I go to say, two games in a season, I like to splurge and have a great experience with nice seats. I find that if you want really good seats, you do have to pay for it.

Also, I'm not willing to take a chance on buying tickets at the venue from scalpers. To me, this lessens the experience. When I go, I bring a grill and a stove and make massive amounts of food--enough to feed my own group and anyone else near me. The last thing I want to worry about is finding a ticket. Basically, when I get there I want to focus on the experience and not on tracking down a ticket.

Archived