Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brooks vs. Frost Week 6 err 5 did the Redskins make the right decision? (bump)

iMeast

Punting Statistics

Player Punts Yds Net Yds Lng Avg Net Avg Blk

Durant Brooks 21 825 664 60 39.3 31.6 0

OOB Dn In 20 TB FC Ret RetY TD

1 1 7 0 8 11 161 2

Derrick Frost Punts Yds Net Yds Lng Avg Net Avg Blk

15 683 484 65 45.5 32.3 0

OOB Dn In 20 TB FC Ret RetY TD

2 2 2 3 2 13 76 0

I am bumping this thread from week one. Here are the numbers from Derrick Frost through week five and Durrant Brooks through weeks 6. :browsuck

HTTR

yes we made a decision by keeping brooks that is better for our future.
Yep. We were smart to build our team around a rookie punter who might someday be better than the guy we cut. Would a 6th round lineman have done us much good this year? Hell no. If you even get lucky with a late rounder, they take a year or so to develop. Same with CB's. And next year, when we are in the same exact position with aging, injured old lines (only another year older) and need to fill 6 or 7 slots, so what if a few of our old guys passed away or went senile. We'll deal with that then. Of course, some of our skill guys will be gone too, so we are setting up a future rebuild in about 2 years. I can't wait. Go Brooks!

How about remembering last year. Frost let us down a few times so we drafted a kicker. He competed neck and neck with Frost. Good choice to go with the rookie, he will help us now and later.

JC let the Redskins down several times 11 INTS and 13 fumbles with 8 lost does that mean the Redskins should let him go? I kind of felt they whole thing was a bit premature and that they could have better used the draft pick. :saintsuck

HTTR

I think the far more important question is did we make a HUGE mistake by cutting Danny Verdun-Wheeler instead of Rocky Macintosh or one of our other starting linebackers. Seriously, it could have changed the course of our season if we kept Verdun-Wheeler.....

Frost 50 shanks in critical situations

Bull****. Let me tell you less mentally endowed people who wins football games, and in what order.

1. The trenches (collectively)
  2. The QB
  3. The HC (some rare HC's, like JGI go ahead of QB)
  4. The B/U QB
  5. The "skill positions"
  6. The FG kicker
  7. The Trainer
  8. Cheerleader
  9. Guy who mixes Gatorade
  10. Punter

Bull****. Let me tell you less mentally endowed people who wins football games, and in what order.

1. The trenches (collectively)
  2. The QB
  3. The HC (some rare HC's, like JGI go ahead of QB)
  4. The B/U QB
  5. The "skill positions"
  6. The FG kicker
  7. The Trainer
  8. Cheerleader
  9. Guy who mixes Gatorade
  10. Punter

Glad you don't coach the team. You understand absolutely nothing about field position. A punter is a key part of keeping and gaining field position throughout the game. And a bad punter with tendency to shank the ball for 13 yard punts at key times during a tight game is a game killer.....also known as a "Frost".

Glad you don't coach the team. You understand absolutely nothing about field position. A punter is a key part of keeping and gaining field position throughout the game. And a bad punter with tendency to shank the ball for 13 yard punts at key times during a tight game is a game killer.....also known as a "Frost".
If you depend on your punter for field position, you are a loser. Punters give the ball away.

If you depend on your punter for field position, you are a loser. Punters give the ball away.

Every team has to punt at some point. Even the best offenses punt. A punter who shanks the ball in critical situations can cost you the game. The fact that you think the punter is less important than the guy who mixes the Gatorade speaks to your lack of knowledge about football.

Every team has to punt at some point. Even the best offenses punt. A punter who shanks the ball in critical situations can cost you the game. The fact that you think the punter is less important than the guy who mixes the Gatorade speaks to your lack of knowledge about football.

You are 24. Is your career going to go to **** in 4 years? Is that your apex? There are kickers in the NFL in their mid forties. Frost is 28.

I'm not going to ask anybody to name 50 shanks of Frost's. Garbage fantasy argument. How about naming a few games he lost for us. Just a few? How about 2? 1? How many games have punters ever won for any team? We'll see how the punting competition works out. Surprise, some of you were saying Frost couldn't even find a job.

We knew exactly what we had in Frost which was an average (at best) punter.

Now we know we have a punter who has a chance (yes a chance) to be a better than average punter. Maybe even a slim chance to be a pro-bowl punter.

And then again maybe he'll just be an average punter but at least we have given ourself's the opportunity to improve. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

:helmet:

Archived