Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Practice Squad Set + Heyer to Start on Thursday

SantanaClaus89

Click the link for the full article:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/08/heyer_to_start.html

Stephon Heyer will start Thursday against the New York Giants in the regular-season opener at Giants Stadium. Heyer just spoke with Jason La Canfora and confirmed that he will start ahead of Jon Jansen on the offensive line.

The "unofficial" practice squad roster is included in the link as well:

Byron Westbrook

Horace Gant

Andrew Crummey

Matteral Richardson

Tyler Ecker

Curtis Gatewood

Devin Clark

Nehemiah Broughton

I was just about to post this. I am glad to see Richardson and Crummey on the list. I want to continue developing them.

Also, glad to see Heyer get the start. Jansen to me is more valuable as a reserve as I feel he can be a solid starter at guard and could honestly play all the positions. This also gets Heyer to develop into possibly a very good to star RT at a very young age.

I hope Richardson and Crummey can develop. Crummey could help save a draft pick at best, or at least replace Fabini as a solid backup.

I think starting Heyer was a no brainer. Heyer can do at least do marginally better than Jansen. IMO, he can be MUCH better. Jansen has really been blowing.

Jon, just doesn't seem to be fully healthy, either that or he just lost a couple steps. In any case seems like a good move to have Stephen starting.

I like the PS roster if true. I did not think we could keep Broughton though. I thought the PS was just for rookie and 2nd year players. Maybe his IR years didn't count? If someone knows the rules for sure please post same.

A difficult, but correct, decision by Coach Zorn.

Jon, buddy. Use this time to get healed up and come back as the Rock we all know and love.

:cheers:

Well said. Although it was a tough decision, it had to be made.

Also, congrats to Stephon. I met him and he's a nice guy. Seems like one of Coach Gibbs's character guys from my meeting with him.

The "unofficial" practice squad roster is included in the link as well:

Byron Westbrook

Horace Gant

Andrew Crummey

Matteral Richardson

Tyler Ecker

Curtis Gatewood

Devin Clark

Nehemiah Broughton

Didn't think Nemo was eligible for PS......

and why are we bringing back Tyler Ecker?

and what about Mann? I didn't see anything out of Gant bad or good.

where is the love coming from for Tyler Ecker?

this guy seems to have more lives than a cat.

he and Broughton may never start a game for the Redskins, but they have been hanging around almost long enough to qualify for a pension.

I agree. I would have rather seen that spot go to Goode. Or is Goode on IR?

As much as I like Jansen if this is the right move then so be it. It sends a message to the rest of the vets on the team that perform or be replaced. No more being complacent.

On a side note. I am so glad that Justin Hamilton made the team. I think he will surprise some people.

Archived