Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Practice Squad Set + Heyer to Start on Thursday

SantanaClaus89

I can't think of a reason why Mason would want to be on the practice squad.

Ok I might not understand the PS system too much. So if he's on the PS he cant go to another team? Leaving him off gives him a chance to go elswhere?

I can't think of a reason why Mason would want to be on the practice squad.

He is probably fed up.

He leads the league in rushing in preseason.....playing against players that are better in caliber than D Thomas did in only one year in college....and still doesn't get a shot.

And yet, he sees Thomas make the team.

Time to find a team that appreciates his effort. :2cents:

I like the PS roster if true. I did not think we could keep Broughton though. I thought the PS was just for rookie and 2nd year players. Maybe his IR years didn't count? If someone knows the rules for sure please post same.

Players are eligible for the PS their 1st two seasons. I think since he was placed on IR during training camp the one season, it extends his eligibility.

Maybe Mason didn't clear waivers.

Ok I might not understand the PS system too much. So if he's on the PS he cant go to another team? Leaving him off gives him a chance to go elswhere?

He could do that, but both sides know that unless Portis or Betts gets hurt Mason's not going to get a chance. He might as well make connections with other teams to increase his probability of actually making a 53 man roster.

He is probably fed up.

He leads the league in rushing in preseason.....playing against players that are better in caliber than D Thomas did in only one year in college....and still doesn't get a shot.

I don't think the team had much of a choice with Mason. They obviously think that he won't be a contributor on special teams, and that would essentially be wasting a roster spot. Devin Thomas made the team because he was our first pick. If they thought of him highly enough to pick him first, they're obviously going to give him a better shot to prove himself.

He is probably fed up.

he's fed up he got an opportunity to make a team? Should we cut a 2nd round draft pick so we don't hurt an undrafted FA's feelings?

If he gets a roster spot on another team, it's because of the opportunity he got here. Rock is a better special teamer and Portis and Betts are better RB's. He wasn't needed here.

he's fed up he got an opportunity to make a team? Should we cut a 2nd round draft pick so we don't hurt an undrafted FA's feelings?

If he gets a roster spot on another team, it's because of the opportunity he got here. Rock is a better special teamer and Portis and Betts are better RB's. He wasn't needed here.

Well said, it's not like other teams don't take notice when an undrafted running back does well in the preseason.

He just had turf toe, I doubt he'd get placed on IR

Speaking of IR, I dont think Kerry Brown is on our IR.

I know KFFL said he was but, its not even updated on our website that he is part of the team, can anyone verify. (besides with KFFL that is =P)

Glad Crummey made the PS.

And also Glad Clark showed enough to get him a PS spot also.

Not disagreeing. Just saying that he would be crazy to come to our practice squad.

More opportunity elsewhere.

Mason was a fan favorite and justifiably so. But the bottomline is he was caught up in a numbers game with three very good RB's ahead of him and if he was a better special teams player he might have (and I emphasize might have) pushed Rock for his job.

if he doesn't get a gig elsewhere, he'd be smart to. - Get to practice every day and get a paycheck.

As an absolute last resort, of course.

But I would check all 31 other teams first. Starting first with a place where he could play....secondy with a team that is a contender....and if all else fails, back here.

The coaches sent him a pretty clear message--it didn't matter how many yards he ran for. Unless he was better on special teams, he wasn't wanted here.

He would have no reason to believe that the coaching staff would feel any differently next year.

We value a guy that averages krs back to the 30, who is no serious threat to ever break one, when a touchback alone gets you to the 20.

That is because we have the luxury of having two other good rbs.

Other teams that don't have that luxury, may see things in a different way.

As long as CP and Betts are here, the chances of him coming back to our ps are less than 1 in 1 million.

Speaking of IR, I dont think Kerry Brown is on our IR.

I know KFFL said he was but, its not even updated on our website that he is part of the team, can anyone verify. (besides with KFFL that is =P)

Glad Crummey made the PS.

And also Glad Clark showed enough to get him a PS spot also.

Brown is on IR, he cleared waivers after he was cut with a shoulder injury in training camp and we snagged him. I was very happy to hear about that, I think he can be a good player for us in a couple years.

Archived