Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell's hilarious interview on Post-game Live

georgiaredskin

Did anyone see this?

When asked about how he felt about Brett Favre's debut playing for the Jets, knowing he grew up near him in Mississippi and even went fishing on his land, one of his comments was,

"You know one thing about it is he's still in green....it's a different kind of green, but he's still in green." Kelli Johnson ribbed him, "You know Chick, he's real quick. He's in green. You're real quick-witted, you're all over that."

Jason replies:

"You know in Mississippi one thing about it is all we've got to do is throw footballs at bark trees." (laughter from Kelli and from BMitch and the gang at the station)

Kelli Johnson: "Bark trees? What?!"

Jason: "Yeah. Dark trees. We just try to knock some bark off of 'em, that's all we do." "Mississippi. McNair just left us, so it's just Brett Favre and myself, so I've got a lot to live up to."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And then almost to the end of the interview, he throws in "2% fat" and Kelli gave a strange look and laughed and Jason had a strange look on his face. It came out of nowhere and I'd bet anything his teammates bet him he should say that somewhere in the middle of the interview. :laugh:

Who knew our QB was such a joker!

Yep. I saw it. It was indeed a funny interview. He said something hilarious just as they were cutting back to Comcast guys but I can't remember what it was right now. I think it was after the 2% fat thing. Either way, very funny.

I agree with what KB was saying about how he seems very at ease this pre-season.

Yep. I saw it. It was indeed a funny interview. He said something hilarious just as they were cutting back to Comcast guys but I can't remember what it was right now. I think it was after the 2% fat thing. Either way, very funny.

I agree with what KB was saying about how he seems very at ease this pre-season.

Oh yeah, another funny thing he said (you're right this was at the very end), after they said his Geico commercial was very good, and they asked him if he was going to dance. He said, "I really can't dance. You've got to ask Jason Taylor for that one."

He's a joker alright. His performance was a joke too. Over-thrown balls, holding on to the rock for 4 seconds in the middle of the pocket, and throwing bullets into tight spaces that were well occupied. I'd rather see him joke around when he's played well instead of acting so loose after a performance like that. Taking the bark off of a tree is great, but he'd better learn how to hit the hole in a tire hanging from a branch first. I love J Cam, but I'm getting a little tired of the whole relaxed attitude no matter how he plays. I've yet to hear him say something like, "I got a lot to work on and I didn't play well today." That's what the elite guys do. He's a long way away from elite ladies and gentlemen. It's the pre-season, so I'm not as concerned as I'd be if this was a game that counted. He went back to old habits tonight like double clutching the ball nearly every drop he made, standing taller than Zorn wants him to stand in the pocket, and throwing missles at the friggin' air occupied by the upper atmosphere. I'm going to stick to Zorn's way of evaluating his players. I'm gonna tell it like it is as a fan of the Skins :) Back to the drawing board this week I'd say. Finally, a game that can bring these guys back down to reality. :2cents:

I see that fine POA behind Jason.

:doh:

C'mon you hornballs. There are plenty of hottie threads in the tailgate. It's not often that I have the guts to start a thread in the stadium. And I'm a girl. Have some respect!

He's a joker alright. His performance was a joke too. .... Back to the drawing board this week I'd say. Finally, a game that can bring these guys back down to reality. :2cents:

I can see your point completely, but there is nothing wrong with a once nervous and "tight" new QB (as Chick said) loosening up and getting comfortable as the leader of this team. I'm sure he knows he has a lot to work on. He is being nothing but positive and exuding an air of total confidence, which is becoming for the team leader.

Oh yeah, another funny thing he said (you're right this was at the very end), after they said his Geico commercial was very good, and they asked him if he was going to dance. He said, "I really can't dance. You've got to ask Jason Taylor for that one."
Yep! That's it, thanks.

He's a joker alright. His performance was a joke too. Over-thrown balls, holding on to the rock for 4 seconds in the middle of the pocket, and throwing bullets into tight spaces that were well occupied. I'd rather see him joke around when he's played well instead of acting so loose after a performance like that. Taking the bark off of a tree is great, but he'd better learn how to hit the hole in a tire hanging from a branch first. I love J Cam, but I'm getting a little tired of the whole relaxed attitude no matter how he plays. I've yet to hear him say something like, "I got a lot to work on and I didn't play well today." That's what the elite guys do. He's a long way away from elite ladies and gentlemen. It's the pre-season, so I'm not as concerned as I'd be if this was a game that counted. He went back to old habits tonight like double clutching the ball nearly every drop he made, standing taller than Zorn wants him to stand in the pocket, and throwing missles at the friggin' air occupied by the upper atmosphere. I'm going to stick to Zorn's way of evaluating his players. I'm gonna tell it like it is as a fan of the Skins :) Back to the drawing board this week I'd say. Finally, a game that can bring these guys back down to reality. :2cents:

If Campbell weren't the hard worker that he is, I'd be more concerned about it, but I haven't read anything that suggests he doesn't put his nose to the grindstone every day.

And actually, he did say he needed to execute better. That was part of the interview.

Well, look who brought the Zima to the party. Did you have this typed up two weeks ago, or was it a spur-of-the moment rant?

People on this MB crack me up....

why so serious?

I'd rather see him joke around when he's played well instead of acting so loose after a performance like that. Taking the bark off of a tree is great, but he'd better learn how to hit the hole in a tire hanging from a branch first. I love J Cam, but I'm getting a little tired of the whole relaxed attitude no matter how he plays.

Yeh, because he's played so horribly and relaxed during training camp and throughout preseason. Yup, better take a better look at Colt and let him start. :rolleyes:

JC's going to be fine.

He's a joker alright. His performance was a joke too. Over-thrown balls, holding on to the rock for 4 seconds in the middle of the pocket, and throwing bullets into tight spaces that were well occupied. I'd rather see him joke around when he's played well instead of acting so loose after a performance like that. Taking the bark off of a tree is great, but he'd better learn how to hit the hole in a tire hanging from a branch first. I love J Cam, but I'm getting a little tired of the whole relaxed attitude no matter how he plays. I've yet to hear him say something like, "I got a lot to work on and I didn't play well today." That's what the elite guys do. He's a long way away from elite ladies and gentlemen.

Lol are you kidding me, take off the Joe Gibbs autographed 86 Ball cap, and sit back on the recliner. Let Mr.Z. review the film tomorrow and you worry about getting that grass cut out back. Im sure if the organization needs your imput they will ring that dusty cobwebbed SI Redskin Football phone sitting in the corner next to your game plan. Hilarious . :laugh:

I think your analysis is worth nowhere near the two cents you gave yourself credit for.

Archived