Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Foxsports.com NFLs top 10 fan bases

TheGoodBits

Any team that has been blacked out in the past decade should not be able to make a list such as this.

The Skins sellout record alone should jump them into top 10. When you discount club/luxury seats (as they do when counting sell outs), I imagine we're still looking at around 60,000 seats. That's over 85% of most teams entire stadiums.

Now in your defense....I think the mod is being a little hard on you. I read nothing in your posts that remotely comes across as trolling. You are entitled to you opinion. It just happens to be very wrong. :D

Lot of Skins fans posts that are far worse than your two. On the other hand, you haven't been on your best behavior in the past........

Westy's warning is of a general overall varity. He's been pushing the envelope in his remarks, trying to see how much he can get away with ( a pattern in his posting history)

He's been baiting Skins fans, trying to incite by insult

Gibbs was a confused old joke. Get serious. At no point did anyone fear the offensively hapless Skins. If it weren't for GW, they'd have had a string of 4 win seasons.

or ridiculous statements like the one in this thread.

I'm sick of all these lists made up by one person; one reporter. Eagle fans are already jumping off and its only preseason. I've seen some list that even have the cowboys and redskins rivalry out of the top 10. Man, I hope one day the skins win the superbowl just to prove all of them wrong. There will probably be over 2 million skin fans to watch the superbowl parade here in D.C.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

this list is disqualified on the basis of pure stupidity

although eerily accurate... :)

edit: referring to the dallas bandwagon fans during the aikman/smith/irvin years.

10 - Dallas (25th attendance - 63,534 96.5% capacity)

9 - Chicago (28th - 62,158 92.9%)

8 - Buffalo (9th - 71,054 88.8% nfl low)

7 - Denver (5th - 76,611 100.6%)

6 - Pittsburgh (29th - 62,084 95.5%)

5 - Green Bay (11th - 70,805 116.5% nfl best)

4 - Cleveland (7th - 73,000 101.4%)

3 - Oakland (31st - 59,109 93.8%)

2 - Kansas City (4th - 76,777 96.6%)

1 - Philadelphia (18th - 68,169 103.3)

Unranked - Washington (1st - 88,090 110.0%)

So 40% of this guys list are in the bottom 10 in overall attendance and 50% are in the bottom 10 in percentage of capacity. :doh:

good points.

all i can guess is that the author is basing his rankings on the perceived craziness/fanatacism of the fans the do actually show up and support the team- sort of a quality vs quantity thing. but the article is entitled 'best fan bases', not craziest, so who knows.

either way, its a little ridiculous. buffalo has the worst percentage attendance? how could they possibly be top 10? :sigh:

oh and westbrook, fed ex does not become a sea of green when philly shows up. i went to the game last year and it was far from it. :rolleyes:

Potty mouth.

:silly:

:laugh: :laugh:

And Eagles fans spit on Santa and boo their own players when they get injured. And they want to rank them the "top"? The top of TRASH I tell you. Fitting that the Raiders are third then, but then you have to ask yourself, why aren't the Ravens fans in there? :laugh:

I hate Philthy, but they belong in the top 10 fanbase discussion. Better than the burgundy and gold? **** no. Not even close.

Westy, you need hard attendance numbers before you start running your mouth. I've been to 2 Philthy games the past 3 years, and neither one was a "sea of green." Bam, I just refuted your opinion with my opinion, try again.

Fact: In Canton, Saturday morning, a parking lot attendant told us that in 20 years, he had never seen a fanbase take over the city like we had, and had never seen anyone tailgate the ceremony before. THAT is how the B&G does it! The Mayor declared August 2nd to be Redskins Day in Canton.

Philadelphia consecutive sellouts - 71 (Wow, that's nearly 9 seasons!!!)

Washington consecutive sellouts - 323 (every game since opening day 1965)

Just wondering.....if the Philly fans are so friggin great why did they build a brand new teeny-tiny stadium?

:owned:

I've noticed that end of the season games that don't matter tend to get avoided by Iggle fans.

Ouvan, to be fair, the Linc's capacity and design is more in line with most of the newer stadiums.

Do you mean in line with the average NFL fanbase? Sorry but if they are the NFL's #1 fanbase they clearly can support a bigger stadium and would need one. The new stadiums in Dallas and the Meadowlands are going 80K+. Do you know what it is in line with? Notoriously bad fanbases like Cincinnati and Arizona.

I have to wonder what inspired them to leave us out of this. I personally think we are the best fans in the NFL.

Maybe they heard what we did in CBS' Mascot Competition poll and didn't want a repeat, so they excluded the only fanbase that would vote passionately in an online poll? :silly: Seriously, I have no idea how we could be left off that list.

We also set records for training camp fan attendance. Philly on the list is wild though, I guess ignorance catches mass attention.
I love your sig dude!! Living in Lewisville (Dallas suburb) you can imagine my FUN that I had last year with that argument against the puke fannies, and EVERYONE of their argument backs were that he didn't try, YEAH RIGHT, no one lines up on the field to NOT TRY, and furthermore, especially when it's your archrival, you want to stick it to them, they just got smacked down from the get-go in that game, and their only way to handle it and save face for it was to act like it was a nothing game for them - - - ha ha, bunch of byotches!!!

HAIL

As soon as I see the words "this might be biased" in an article, it suddenly is no longer an article anymore, simply a biased opinion, the equivalent of you or I writing a Redskins column. I put no weight in this whatsoever. Oh, and who gives a damn anyway?? haha

Archived