Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Someone please tell Portis to stop being so f'n AWESOME!

skns4life

Maybe I'll get NNT'd for this but who cares... its worth it! Look at this video and look at Portis on 0:47 and how he picks up the blitzing linebacker. There is absolutely NO running back in this league who blocks like this man. Every single one of these linebackers are bigger than CP but you'd never think that after watching him level any LB who wants to go against him. HTTR and HTCP!!!! :point2sky :helmet: :notworthy

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d809e6f13

p.s. Its just preseason Portis!

"I only know 1 speed!"~CP

p.s.s. If anything, all of you can stare at my sig :D

Portis is an awesome blocker, perhaps one of the best as an RB and scores a lot more points than Betts. While Betts is a better receiver coming out of the backfield.

Then again, it was Portis who once took a Brunell dump-off 75 yards downfield.

You should have heard him after the game when he was talking to Comcast. He said that the was begging Zorn to put him in to play against the bills but Zorn would allow it so he had to call the commissioner and tell him to tell Zorn to put him in. Love portis

Portis is a great blocker, hell thats one of the things he does best. Sadly though we pay him 50 million to run the football and get 3 and a half yards. Hell last night he had 7 carries for 18 yards and on one run he had 11 of those. He looked slow when he tried to juke Kavika Mitchell last night on the goaline.

Mr. Mitchell one on one with Mr. Portis at the 3 yard line and Portis got nadda!

And 4 of those 7 carries came while the Redskins were within the Bills 5 yard line. Not exactly alot of yards to be made there. In those 4 attempts, he was tackled for no gain twice? (unsure about that cutback he made...why?),and ran for 3 or so yards,(that was almost all him), then a touchdown. Something else they pay him to do and he did so. C. P., imo, looked pretty good for his first game action this offseason.

Portis is an every down back. That is hard to come by these days in the NFL. AS far as his performance last night, I thought he did fine. Thos delay draws were very nice and a staple of the Holmgren running attack. There weren't many zone blocking plays for him last night, and as PCS already said the majority of his caries came on that goal line situation. The ability to punch the football in on the goal line has as much to do with the blocking and the push off the line of scrimage as it does with the RB. The Bills 1st team D line is very good and very large. We also must remeber, listening to Zorn we are still a long way from having the whole offense implemented. One can tell that he is a chessmaster and very cerebral when it comes to developing this offense. I am not worried in the least about the offense and am only more encourage seeing ARE and Campbell really stepping it up.

Portis is a great blocker, hell thats one of the things he does best. Sadly though we pay him 50 million to run the football and get 3 and a half yards. Hell last night he had 7 carries for 18 yards and on one run he had 11 of those. He looked slow when he tried to juke Kavika Mitchell last night on the goaline.

Mr. Mitchell one on one with Mr. Portis at the 3 yard line and Portis got nadda!

Yeah, Portis needs to run better in pre-season so he can earn his 50 million bucks. And yeah, he ran over a linebacker to get into the endzone, but that was on fourth down, so it doesn't really count. If he was worth his money he would have taken it to the house on his very first carry anyway.

I think the one thing CP does best is move the team forward. Whether it is by a straight run, a screen pass, a delay, or an awesome block, the Skins get down the field when he is in the game. The other RB's can do some of these things some of the time, but CP plays his position completely.

Did you see how chiseled he looked in his sideline interview? His neck looks bigger, his arms look bigger. He never lifted weights before this offseason? They told him they would give him the big bucks if he stuck around in the offseason, and everyone upheld their end of the bargain.

I really believe that CP may be in the best condition of his life, and that this year he will be in the Pro Bowl.

And 4 of those 7 carries came while the Redskins were within the Bills 5 yard line. Not exactly alot of yards to be made there. In those 4 attempts, he was tackled for no gain twice? (unsure about that cutback he made...why?),and ran for 3 or so yards,(that was almost all him), then a touchdown. Something else they pay him to do and he did so. C. P., imo, looked pretty good for his first game action this offseason.

I admit that I haven't seen the game yet, but I was questioning why it took us 4 tries to get into the end zone. In the regular season, it wouldn't have been as simple a call to go for it on 4th down. I'd hope to be able to get it in more. But then again, I'd hope we pass the ball more in the red zone too.

Archived