Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Someone please tell Portis to stop being so f'n AWESOME!

skns4life

Maybe I'll get NNT'd for this but who cares... its worth it! Look at this video and look at Portis on 0:47 and how he picks up the blitzing linebacker. There is absolutely NO running back in this league who blocks like this man. Every single one of these linebackers are bigger than CP but you'd never think that after watching him level any LB who wants to go against him. HTTR and HTCP!!!! :point2sky :helmet: :notworthy

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d809e6f13

p.s. Its just preseason Portis!

"I only know 1 speed!"~CP

p.s.s. If anything, all of you can stare at my sig :D

portis is so underrated in my opinion,he does it all..top 5 in the league,no doubt!!

Portis does not hit the hole fast enough and often seems indecisive after doing so. Sorry homers ... he aint the "man" you think he is.

your right... hes more than that.... he ias a 1500+ yd back, who is third among active rushers in tds..... so yea, hes better than what we think he is

Portis does not hit the hole fast enough and often seems indecisive after doing so. Sorry homers ... he aint the "man" you think he is.

At times, sure. He does seem to hesitate. However, when he does hit the hole, he hits hit hard and pretty fast. Last night, C.P. was patient and waiting for things to happen. When he decided to make a move, he put his head down and moved. Especially on the TD run. IMO, he's the man that you don't think he is.

I dont think you can judge portis's running abilities on his first preseason game of the season. IMHO he didnt look like his aggressive self, if this was a regular season game he wouldve played a lot harder because it wouldve meant something. Portis doesnt want to get hurt like he did 2 years ago so he wont run as hard as he would in the regular season. I really cant wait for the season to start because portis will have a huge season... atleast i hope so :)

ps... best blocking back in nfl hands down

I dont think you can judge portis's running abilities on his first preseason game of the season. IMHO he didnt look like his aggressive self, if this was a regular season game he wouldve played a lot harder because it wouldve meant something. Portis doesnt want to get hurt like he did 2 years ago so he wont run as hard as he would in the regular season. I really cant wait for the season to start because portis will have a huge season... atleast i hope so :)

ps... best blocking back in nfl hands down

He always likes to break it outside and beat people to the corner with his burst. It seemed to me he was deliberately staying inside, even when he had an outside lane. I'm guessing it's a little safer to butt heads than take a possible hit on the side of your knee turning a corner. I'm not worried about CP being ready. And this year, I'm not worried about his attitude either. Glad to see him play. And voluntarily too. Now, Zorn should sit him. Maybe another series or two before season. If that.

Haters will hate no matter what. Bottom line is this: CP has been a consistently great RB in this league for 5 years(1 season taken away due to injury). In that same time span, we have seen 'great' RBs come and go, but none (except for LT) have been able to be as good and consistent as CP, not only as a RB who produces on the field but a team leader as well.

From one scheme(Denver) to a totally contrasting one(Gibbs,Gibbs/Saunders cluster****), CP gets it done. Yet the man still gets a lot of hate/unwarranted criticism thrown his way. When his career is said and done, and we try to replace him and his production, maybe then people will start to appreciate what a truly great RB he really was.

Clinton Portis is the MAN! The only reason he hates preseason is because when he gets in the game he plays TOO hard. That leads to him getting hurt. So if you basing him not being the man on tonights performance remember that he is trying to hold himself back and not get hurt.
My thinking exactly.

CP is not hitting the holes in preseason games as hard as he would in a regular season game. It's just more obvious to some I guess. :whoknows:

However, there were a couple of times where his judgement as to weather to cut back inside or bounce it outside seemed suspect.

But I'm not worried one bit.

He always likes to break it outside and beat people to the corner with his burst. It seemed to me he was deliberately staying inside, even when he had an outside lane. I'm guessing it's a little safer to butt heads than take a possible hit on the side of your knee turning a corner. I'm not worried about CP being ready. And this year, I'm not worried about his attitude either. Glad to see him play. And voluntarily too. Now, Zorn should sit him. Maybe another series or two before season. If that.
Wow, could'nt agree with you more.

I actually read your quote after having posted mine above. We seem to see eye to eye on this matter. :)

Archived