Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kill Favre.

Spaceman Spiff

I admit that I believe Favre has completely screwed over the Packer fan base and the team as well. He could have just retired, respected by his fans and by the NFL community, but he had to come back, make a fuss, and then end up being traded to a mediocre Jets team.

What was the entire purpose? Did he really want to play THAT badly?

It is really just a bunch of self-serving stuff on his own behalf. And, like others, I have lost a great deal of respect for the guy. But, obviously, he does not care: He wanted to play and that's all there is to it.

he's going to be another veteran qb to finish up his career on a second tier club.

you have to tip your hat to the 49ers and Joe Montana. When it was time for him to leave, he was traded to KC withouth much fanfare and he got to play out his time on a playoff proven team under Marty.

he didn't hold up the 49ers and demand to be traded or released so he could go play with the Rams or the Cowboys :)

I like Farve no beef with him or the packer fans. I usualy here packer fans having the skins as there #2. I'm hoping zorn doesn't put in any starters in the next game. The jets will not play vanilla so to speak b/c they have to prove Farve will fit into the jet's system. The jet's coaching staff will game plan like the game counts so I'm hoping Zorn will let them rest.

I agree with LD, we need more threads with mortal combat fatalities photo-shopped with skins players killing opposing players. Can you make this happen zskins? Each week a thread with somebody we all especially don't like being ripped in half or something? hahaha

YES! :laugh: I support this idea too!

Make us a Romo sits to pee one. Or you can use Jax for T.O. :D

I don't get all you guys and your hate for Favre. You label him as selfish because he wants to play football? What is wrong with you guys? Get your heads straight because it was Packers management who forced him into retirement and into the position he was in.
Its not the hate for the man himself, its the hate for the drama and attention he has craved. Nobody made him retire after last season but himself, so why wait till the last minute to decide you want to play again. Because it brings attention and drama!

Sack up and live with my original decision and understand when they tell me that they've "moved on" and that I don't factor into their plans anymore cause they thought I had retired.

Tough ****.

Seriously. Plz stfu because you are really making yourself look like a dumbass twenty something year old. You would think Farve was Tony Romo sits to pee from your posts. Are you jealous because of the 'attention' he gets? He gets it because HE'S EFFING EARNED IT. They were an OT score away from the SB last year...why in the hell would anyone hang up your cleats after that kind of success? Let it go dude..he's with the Jets now who are now decent instead of mediocre. Be thankful he's not playing in the NFC anymore.

I would like to know what makes farve a legend? He's been more lucky than good imo. He's also pretty reckless with the ball. I never have seen any greatness in his qb skills. :2cents:

:doh: You're kidding me right? Dude...I'm no Favre homer but the guy IS still good. Yeah, he's had his Boomer Essaison moments but name me an NFL QB who hasn't. Now, if you are talking about Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson, then yeah...I could see where you were coming from.

Case in point :doh:. Again, grow up and come back when you can at least make your thread title respectable.

Thanks gramps. Don't work too hard to look up the word "hyperbole" in the dictionary.

Seriously. Plz stfu because you are really making yourself look like a dumbass twenty something year old. You would think Farve was Tony Romo sits to pee from your posts. Are you jealous because of the 'attention' he gets? He gets it because HE'S EFFING EARNED IT. They were an OT score away from the SB last year...why in the hell would anyone hang up your cleats after that kind of success? Let it go dude..he's with the Jets now who are now decent instead of mediocre. Be thankful he's not playing in the NFC anymore.

Why the hell would anyone want to hang up YOUR cleats? Well since you're asking me, I don't have any cleats.

Maybe you're the one looking like a dumbass here, as what you probably meant to type is "why in the hell would anyone hang up THEIR cleats after that kind of success?"

And to answer that question, I think you'd have to ask Favre himself. He's the one that said, "I know I can still play, but it's like I told my wife, I'm just tired mentally. I'm just tired."

All I can say, like I said before, he better be thankful that he's not Terrell Owens or Chad Johnson. If he were a loudmouth arrogant wide receiver, he'd be getting a bunch of flak for this. Instead, he's a hillbilly quarterback who thrown a bunch of interceptions for a very forgiving and loving fanbase for 16 years. Yes, he's had some great moments and he's been a damn good quarterback, but I still can't figure out why people act like he's Jesus in a football uniform. Is it because Madden foams at the mouth for him? Is it because that Brett Favre just plays like he's in the backyard with his boys and just heaves it up there when the play breaks down? :rolleyes: Is it because Brett Favre is a "gunslinger?" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Go ahead and ask Packer fans who's killed them in the playoffs the past few years, ask them who was flinging interceptions and making bad decisions that killed them.

Has Brett Favre earned the right to act like an idiot and hold a team in suspense over whether he decides to come back and play football again? Has Brett Favre earned the right to retire, make everyone think that he's walking away from the game, acknowledging the fact that his team is headed in a different direction and then try to force his way back into the mix? Should the Packers just bend over and grab their ankles whenever he wants, since Brett Favre is bigger than the Packers?

I'll ask you again: If it were Terrell Owens pulling these stunts, what would your reaction be?

Archived