Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical (but fun!): Brennan or Flacco?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

If you could swap Brennan for Flacco right now, would you do it? Assume no changes in player compensation, just a completely straight-up trade.

I am a Delaware alum, and I think I'd stick with Brennan! Maybe this shows how little I know about football, but I just don't see the reasons for the Flacco praisewagon. At the same time, I am impressed with what I've seen from Brennan.

So again - completely free trade, our 6th round quarterback for their 1st round quarterback, no salary ramifications......

ummmm. Flacco, there is a reason that he was a first round and Brennan was a sixth...not to say that Brennan couldn't ultimately have a better career than Joe, but at this point in time, you have to go with Flacco, it's a no brainer...

Using the same theory as to why Brady was a sixth round pick and Ryan Leaf was number one doesn't make much sense huh?

Flacco looked like crap and a dear in headlights last night. I don't take it! 0-3 and a fumble for loss. If you just saw his composure and command...it was HORRIBLE!!

As of now... Brennan all the way!!!

Flacco looks like a dud.

I work in Baltimore and some of my co-workers are suggesting they let him sit for a few seasons and let Boller and Smith try to work it out!!!

These guys at my job are crazy!!!!

Flacco looks really weak. I don't think he has it. to make it.

The Flacco who couldn't win the starting job at PITT so transferred to a 1-AA school? Yeah I'll take Brennan's accuracy, quick release, mobility, leadership and moxy over Flacco's cannon arm. And Brennan was a 1st/2nd round pick in 2007 according to the same scouts.

You just gave me another idea for a poll (but I won't make it one, out of respect for ST)..

Closest thing to Sean Taylor now other than Landry?

Ed Reed, or Bob Sanders??

I think Wilson from AZ is Sean Taylorish or Bugsby(SP??) green bay Safety...

these guys are huge just like our ST however not nearly as athletic nor do they have a knack for the ball like ST...

:2cents:

Flacco looks like a dud.

I work in Baltimore and some of my co-workers are suggesting they let him sit for a few seasons and let Boller and Smith try to work it out!!!

These guys at my job are crazy!!!!

Flacco looks really weak. I don't think he has it. to make it.

He looked totally lost out there. Completely out of his element.

I don't want to say he's a bust but he definitely looked like one

I vote for Brennan, but not because of him - it's because I'm utterly astounded that anyone wanted to draft Flacco. He's gonna make Kyle Boller look like a fantastic draft success.

Maybe one day, far in the future, all 32 NFL teams will wake the hell up and realize that arm strength is the single most overrated component of any draft prospect, at any position. Yes, more overrated than 40 times. I can't believe scouts fall into the same trap year after year after year.

The Flacco who couldn't win the starting job at PITT so transferred to a 1-AA school? Yeah I'll take Brennan's accuracy, quick release, mobility, leadership and moxy over Flacco's cannon arm. And Brennan was a 1st/2nd round pick in 2007 according to the same scouts.

Moxy you say? I've seen moxy kid. I've seen more moxy in this town than you'll ever know, see? Mmmm'yeah see.

130-091~Humphrey-Bogart-Posters.jpg

Flacco 5 yr./$30M; $8.75M guaranteed

Brennan 4 yr./$1.8M; $98K guaranteed

with 6 people presently saying the scouts were right and 7 thinking it's too tough to call... well, do the math. who cares if it's just one pre-season game, the person who started this thread realizes that. how do you think the guy with the wallet (DS) would respond in this poll?

Archived