Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical (but fun!): Brennan or Flacco?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

What a bunch of homers. I'd take Flacco even though Brennan has potential. Why wouldn't you take a guy who's less of a project? ( oh wait, I actually don't think Flacco is worth the money. Didn't see that part.)

2000 draft-Chad Pennington was a "no-brainer" when he went 5 rounds before Tom Brady.

Pennington was pretty damn good before he got injured. Also, getting a Tom Brady is obviously not the norm, but I see your point.

What a bunch of homers. I'd take Flacco even though Brennan has potential. Why wouldn't you take a guy who's less of a project?

Pennington was pretty damn good before he got injured.

Hello???? Are you there????

F L A C C O I S A P R O J E C T.

Did you try to educate yourself with the facts I posted above?

We will continue this after this Saturday Stats,

More education for you

What a bunch of homers. I'd take Flacco even though Brennan has potential. Why wouldn't you take a guy who's less of a project?

Pennington was pretty damn good before he got injured.

Most of the country DID NOT get the Ravens/Patriots game. You had to see it to understand how n00bish Flacco looked with and against 4th quarter scrubs. Lets just say that he looked like he's been playing against the William and Marys of the world.

Flacco less of a project? Based on what he showed, he looks like he's going to be a Great Wall of China kind of project.

Somehow, to me, the name "Flacco" has fail written all over it. Maybe cause its too close to "flaccid". Really what's a better quarterback name:

Joe Flacco

or

Colt Brennan

Case closed.

"Is there a better name for a quarterback than Colt Brennan?" > "Do you believe in Miracles?"

- Al Michaels

No one should draft QB's until the sixth round so everyone can have their own Tom Brady.

Everybody knows you draft RB, RB the first two-rounds. Unless you can snag a top receiver in round 2. The drop-off from tier 1 QB to tier 2 QB is minimal. Wait a minute, we are talking about real-life drafts aren't we? :D

ummmm. Flacco, there is a reason that he was a first round and Brennan was a sixth...not to say that Brennan couldn't ultimately have a better career than Joe, but at this point in time, you have to go with Flacco, it's a no brainer...

theres a reason brady was took in the 6th and alex smith was took frist lol

I don't know, but Flacco supposedly hasn't been looking good at all at training camp. And he's looked very lost against the Patriots 3rd-stringers/4th-stringers in their preseason game.

It's way too early to tell, but for a team with such looming QB issues, Flacco does not seem ready to start for another year or two. Even though he was picked in the middle of the 1st round.

Even Ravens fans are starting to worry just a little bit.

Most of the country DID NOT get the Ravens/Patriots game. You had to see it to understand how n00bish Flacco looked with and against 4th quarter scrubs. Lets just say that he looked like he's been playing against the William and Marys of the world.

Flacco less of a project? Based on what he showed, he looks like he's going to be a Great Wall of China kind of project.

I watched that game last night, and while you're right, Flacco struggled against scrubs, he was also playing WITH scrubs. Some of the Ravens 2nd stringers are scrubs, so their 3rd and 4th stringers are likely even worse. Again, he attempted only 3 passes, and came into that game with only some of the 4th quarter left. I thought Harbaugh totally mismanaged his QB situation last night, allowing Boller to almost go the whole 1st half, and letting Troy Smith go as long as he did. Brennan came into the Skins game in the beginning of the 3rd quarter, so he had a bit more time to work with.

That said, it's just preseason, and it's just one game. Not to call anybody out, but people who are saying Brennan is lightyears ahead of Flacco after 1 preseason game are seriously drinking the koolaid. College stats are also irrelevant, this is the NFL and what matters is how you do at this level. We won't know the true answer for a couple years.

Also, I'd take Ed Reed ANYDAY over Bob Sanders not only for his ability to make plays on defense, but Reed is also a special teams nightmare. He can block punts (as we already know he did against us a couple years ago) and he can return them also. He makes his teams more elusive, and I'd take that kind of playmaker every single time over someone who is just good at one position.

I hate to say it but, you should take a look at the stats before you post. You probably didn't know he couldn't make 1st string in Pittsburgh College team did you?

According to some on here, Brennan wouldn't cut it on a high school football team.

I still don't see how this can be determined by one preaseason game. It's most likely the case that you are correct. It doesn't make it an absolute.

You seriously misunderstand my post if you think anything I wrote had anything to do with Baltimore's first preseason game. I didn't even watch it.

That said, it's just preseason, and it's just one game. Not to call anybody out, but people who are saying Brennan is lightyears ahead of Flacco after 1 preseason game are seriously drinking the koolaid. College stats are also irrelevant, this is the NFL and what matters is how you do at this level. We won't know the true answer for a couple years.

MDRedskinsFan,

I mean no disprespect when I say this, but

we can only compare the tangibles, I said I'd keep my mouth shut until we have stats to compare, and now we have stats. I did not post college stats, I posted the first game stats. I maybe drinking his koolaid but, I am arguing the tangibles to make a comparison between him and Flacco. I can't wait till Saturday. I hope the Redskins kick some ass.

MDRedskinsFan,

I mean no disprespect when I say this, but

we can only compare the tangibles, I said I'd keep my mouth shut until we have stats to compare, and now we have stats. I did not post college stats, I posted the first game stats. I maybe drinking his koolaid but, I am arguing the tangibles to make a comparison between him and Flacco. I can't wait till Saturday. I hope the Redskins kick some ass.

Me too!

And I hope Colt continues to prove me wrong. We're all 'Skins fans together.:cheers:

The Ravens picking Flacco was an absolutely stupid decision. This was a guy with a "rocket arm" who transferred to friggin' Delaware because he couldn't beat out Palko in Pittsburgh. They were the same organization who fell in love with another kid who showed nothing but a "rocket arm" in Boller not too long ago. They dont seem to get it I guess. They would've been much better off drafting Brian Brohm in the second round instead of trading up to 17 in order to make sure they got their guy, the future joke that is Flacco.

As for the question, I'd take Brennan any day over Flacco. I'd take pretty much almost any other QB drafted this year over Flacco. Dude shoud've been a 7th rounder.

Archived