Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical (but fun!): Brennan or Flacco?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think Wilson from AZ is Sean Taylorish or Bugsby(SP??) green bay Safety...

these guys are huge just like our ST however not nearly as athletic nor do they have a knack for the ball like ST...

:2cents:

Atari Bigsby is not that good. Over rated! Trust me.

Other than LL, I would say Troy Polamalu

That may be your point. But it's not mine. Some people CAN even if their debut isn't stellar.

Flacco, however, is not one of those people. He is a ****tier Kyle Boller. The Ravens have, incredibly, managed to make the same exact mistake with two "quarterbacks of the future" in a row. Their only saving grace will be if Troy Smith gets enough of an opportunity to grow into the starting job whilst Flacco is figuring out that there's more to being an NFL quarterback than throwing a ball really, really far in shorts.

Flacco, however, is not one of those people. He is a ****tier Kyle Boller. The Ravens have, incredibly, managed to make the same exact mistake with two "quarterbacks of the future" in a row. Their only saving grace will be if Troy Smith gets enough of an opportunity to grow into the starting job whilst Flacco is figuring out that there's more to being an NFL quarterback than throwing a ball really, really far in shorts.

I still don't see how this can be determined by one preaseason game. It's most likely the case that you are correct. It doesn't make it an absolute.

I can't believe the double standard in the NFL and NCAA. Colt Brennan gets some hate for playing at Hawaii, who admittedly had a weak schedule last year. However, Flacco played in the little leagues at Delaware and he is a legit NFL prospect. Give me a break.

I could not believe the media and scouts falling all over themselves because the guy can throw it a mile. I'm not passing judgment on either as far as success in the pros (because no one knows at this point) but merely pointing out the double standards that we have learned to deal with here in Hawaii.

As stated earlier by Hubbs, arm strength is highly overrated. How often do you see passes longer than 60 yards in the NFL? I rest my case.

ummmm. Flacco, there is a reason that he was a first round and Brennan was a sixth...not to say that Brennan couldn't ultimately have a better career than Joe, but at this point in time, you have to go with Flacco, it's a no brainer...

Looking at history, I think a lot of it has to do with getting in the right system at the right time. I think that only a few people are capable of being the man from day 1 if they've got no real support (especially in the coaching) and are expected to be the franchise saviour.

I caught a lot of **** in the trade Brennan thread.

Let me save you a lot of time and ridicule.....It was one game and Colt Brennan is a 6th round gimp that is worthless for any sort of trade. Of course we would get rid of Colt if we can get anyone of value but to think someone would do it is laughable.

Flacco 5 yr./$30M; $8.75M guaranteed

Brennan 4 yr./$1.8M; $98K guaranteed

with 6 people presently saying the scouts were right and 7 thinking it's too tough to call... well, do the math. who cares if it's just one pre-season game, the person who started this thread realizes that. how do you think the guy with the wallet (DS) would respond in this poll?

I'm glad I perused through this thread before responding cuz I was going to point the difference in $$$ out, but yeah, simply put, Colt, hands down will be the better bang for the buck.

hmmmm delaware. yes hawaii as a team was not ready for georgia hence the wac got cracks for hawaii getting demolished. but having professional players around him 3rd stringers or not brennan prevailed. i have to say all in all hawaii sees better competition than delaware does. maybe not SEC competition but not div 2 competion every week.

flacco had the same opportunities CB had in his debut. did flacco go third also not sure i was not watching but if so he sucked against their bag boys. the person as a player shows. that is why we have the preseason. many of you have said teams waste picks on busts waste big contracts on duds. we have a diamond in the rough and if the preseason is any indication of what the redskins will get from CB in the future how can you not vote for brennan. now we will see over the next few games, but round 1 goes to CB big time.

BTW from the baltimore website:

Flacco, a University of Pittsburgh transfer who hit it big at I-AA Delaware, had the strongest arm in this spring's draft and certainly looks the part of a strapping NFL quarterback. But he has never even played against excellent collegiate talent, let alone what he'll see in the NFL, so color us dubious that he'll start for the Ravens right away. That said, neither Kyle Boller nor Troy Smith inspires poets to write paeans, so Flacco has a chance to be a factor at some point in '08. One worry, though: We've heard about the Ravens falling in love with a workout warrior at quarterback before, a guy with all the physical ability in the world, a guy who could throw it 60 yards while sneezing. His name? Kyle Boller.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11252

at hawaii CB saw yes georgia but he also saw purdue oregon state alabama washington. maybe not the tops but pretty good teams also.

crappy performance by a 1st round draft pick vs a stellar performance by a 6th rounder.

for us CB lovers no brainer for all you REDSKIN lovers it should be a no brainer also we have a brighter future than the ravens.

at hawaii CB saw yes georgia but he also saw purdue oregon state alabama washington. maybe not the tops but pretty good teams also.

You forgot Boise State, Fresno State and Arizona State. All of which have been ranked or are ranked in the past couple years. Colt Brennan also scared away Michigan State whom cancelled on us last minute.

You forgot Boise State, Fresno State and Arizona State. All of which have been ranked or are ranked in the past couple years. Colt Brennan also scared away Michigan State whom cancelled on us last minute.

true thanks for the backup

ummmm. Flacco, there is a reason that he was a first round and Brennan was a sixth...not to say that Brennan couldn't ultimately have a better career than Joe, but at this point in time, you have to go with Flacco, it's a no brainer...

Using this logic, there is also a reason that Brennan went to OU prior to Hawaii and Flacco went to Delaware...

Flacco was drafted that high based entirely on his big arm and how well he plays against small schools and in front of scouts in shorts... There are question marks about both players... I wouldn't swap for Brennan if I were a Ravens fan, and I certainly wouldn't swap for Flacco since I'm a Redskins fan.

You would go with a guy name Joe Flacco that couldn't make first string at University of Pitsburgh, so he went to a division I AA team to play against division I AA competition? Over Colt Brennan, whos body of work of his entire football career from pop warner, highschool, to college, and universtiy of hawaii is on Utube.

Colts HOF Stats (just incase you didn't hear about it)

1-10-WAS 26 (10:44) 5-C.Brennan pass short right to 23-M.Mason to WAS 32 for 6 yards

3-7-WAS 29 (10:44) 5-C.Brennan pass deep left to 16-B.McMullen to IND 37 for 34 yards

1-10-IND 37 (8:29) 5-C.Brennan pass short right to 86-F.Davis to IND 29 for 8 yards

2-5-IND 19 (8:29) 5-C.Brennan sacked at IND 20 for -1 yards

3-6-IND 20 (5:58) 5-C.Brennan pass deep right to 80-M.Mann for 20 yards, TOUCHDOWN

1-10-WAS 25 (3:08) 5-C.Brennan pass incomplete deep left to 84-H.Gant.

2-10-WAS 25 (3:08) 5-C.Brennan pass deep middle to 85-J.Goode to IND 49 for 26 yards

2-11- (3:08) 5-C.Brennan pass short right to 31-R.Cartwright to IND 41 for 9 yards

1-10-IND 36 (3:08) 5-C.Brennan pass short right to 80-M.Mann to IND 28 for 8 yards

1-10-IND 26 (15:00) 5-C.Brennan pass short middle to 86-F.Davis to IND 19 for 7 yards

3-4-IND 5 (10:30) 5-C.Brennan pass short right to 23-M.Mason for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Joe Flacco Stats (just incase you didn't hear about it)

1-10-BAL 34 (9:37) BAL 5-Flacco now at QB. 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete short left to 14-J.Harper

2-10-BAL 34 (9:32) 5-J.Flacco sacked at BAL 28 for -6 yards (58-P.Woods). FUMBLES

2-8-BAL 30 (5:25) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete short left to 14-J.Harper.

3-8-BAL 30 (5:22) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco sacked at BAL 27 for -3 yards

4-1-NE 9 (2:48) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete short right to 33-J.Green

I hate to say it but, you should take a look at the stats before you post. You probably didn't know he couldn't make 1st string in Pittsburgh College team did you?

Archived