Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was anyone expecting less from Colt?

SIXX99

On draft day when I heard that the Skins had drafted Colt Brennan, I immediatley new that he was gonna be someone to watch out for. And on Sunday he did not dissapoint. But was anyone expecting anything different? I was going to be upset if Brennan did anything less than what he did on Sunday. And, thankfully He came out there and balled like the "warrior" he was in college. The way he played I couldnt tell a difference between him playing the colts or some WAC college team. We have potentially a future superstar. But lets not act like we were surprised at his performance because we all saw it coming.

Just what exactly did Colt do on Saturday?

He had a good showing, sure.

But put this in perspective.

This was a preseason game against third stringers.

The Brennan Love Fest 2008 is getting ridiculous.

Nothing against him but he's not the starter, he won't be the starter, and he is NOT The Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

As a guy who bashed the Colt drafting, I gotta say, he was a bit surprising against the 3rd stringers. he played well, showed good touch, and looked the part of a field general.

That said, I hate his throwing motion, and he has little zip on his passes.

Its gonna be interesting to watch him develop, but he reminds me a little bit of Jeff Garcia.

Just what exactly did Colt do on Saturday?

He had a good showing, sure.

But put this in perspective.

This was a preseason game against third stringers.

The Brennan Love Fest 2008 is getting ridiculous.

Nothing against him but he's not the starter, he won't be the starter, and he is NOT The Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

in his def, Colt was playing WITH 3rd stringers too, its not like he is a stud playing with a bunch of rookies.

Wow, he starts another one and we have 100 other Colt threads. Unbelieveable :laugh:

Maybe it's a little believable since this board has something like 70,000 members.

However, I'm just going to start linking everybody to the search function whenever this happens from now on.

:)

7. Ensure the topic you wish to initiate a thread about hasn’t already been posted. If you are reporting Redskins "news" or "rumors" more than a few hours old, please use the Search Feature or scan the first two pages of the forum before posting, to ensure the news hasn't already been posted and the topic discussed. Multiple topics will be closed or merged. This is a very large and active community, with sweeping media coverage and up-to-the-minute updates. More than likely, if the news is older than a few hours, the information has already posted and is subject of active debate. If you wish to discuss that topic, you are encouraged to do so in the existing thread.

:D

7. Ensure the topic you wish to initiate a thread about hasn’t already been posted. If you are reporting Redskins "news" or "rumors" more than a few hours old, please use the Search Feature or scan the first two pages of the forum before posting, to ensure the news hasn't already been posted and the topic discussed. Multiple topics will be closed or merged. This is a very large and active community, with sweeping media coverage and up-to-the-minute updates. More than likely, if the news is older than a few hours, the information has already posted and is subject of active debate. If you wish to discuss that topic, you are encouraged to do so in the existing thread.

:D

Rules will win everytime.

EPIC WIN!

:point2sky

I was happy we drafted him. He was one of the guys I was hoping we got, just cause he's exciting to watch. But, no, I didn't expect him to play as well, in his first preseason game, as he did. Though, I was right, it was a blast to watch him play.

QUOTE] Why do people want to treade great future players with the depth we have. Injuries happen in the year as wee seen last seaoson. Keep our great players so dalla, ny or philly doesnt us them against us.

Its early yes, but Colt suprised melike no other QBN in this team ever has, and so early. I will admitt I didnt know much about Colt but the name, but that kid is only going to get better and more dangerous. KEEP HIM people and please stop bneing trade happy.

Archived