Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call ticket office for Green Parking!

Forehead

Thats what happens when you almost double the stadium capacity and have nice paved spots to park instead of urine infested grass fields and the potomac river as a dons john :laugh: That river was probably purely piss on sundays at rfk i used it alot :silly:

Thats what happens when you almost double the stadium capacity and have nice paved spots to park instead of urine infested grass fields and the potomac river as a dons john :laugh: That river was probably purely piss on sundays at rfk i used it alot :silly:

I was at a Dead show in 1993 when I watched security guards on a golf cart throw a nitrous tank in the Anacostia. It was probably one of many to launch into the river that day. These weren't DC cops, but good ole Event Staff yellow shirts who worked the Skins games. I didn't see any hippies in handcuffs nearby, so assume security just confiscated the tank and told the owners to scram.

Fourteen years later, we we're tailgating b/f the Nats home opener in lot 8. We were reminiscing about the Dead and Pink Flood shows of yore. We were laughing, imitating that constant hissing sound from the tanks on shakedown street in Lot 8 before concerts.

Next thing we know, one of us discovers what appears to be a rusty co2 tank in the river. It was just inches under water at one of the piss coves in the hedge. Can't imagine it was last used for Co2.

:laugh:

Actually, it's the Anacostia, so no harm done. :laugh:

Green parking is way overrated. Close to the stadium...yes, but too crowded to enjoy the tailgating experience. Tailgate field is so much better, it's only a block from the stadium, plenty of room where cars aren't constantly going by.

Tailgate field is so much better, it's only a block from the stadium, plenty of room where cars aren't constantly going by.

It easily could be a better place to tailgate, but how long do you think Tailgate Field will be more attractive to its owners as a parking lot for FedEx Field events than some other use?

They are no longer doing exchanges. I have had season tix for 7 years now, been in the tailgate for 4 years and had blue lot for four years. I have also been on the parking upgrade list for 4 years and I called in a few minutes ago. I was told that they are no longer doing exchanges and that I am out of luck. Not to offend anyone who are new ticket holders or anything but how in the hell is it right to not give them to folks on the waiting list and give them to people who are newer ticket holders. Its bull@%$#.

Agreed.....kinda the same way I feel when they give new ticket-holders seats on the 50, and don't move me off the goal-line.

There's no rhyme or reason.

Green parking is way overrated. Close to the stadium...yes, but too crowded to enjoy the tailgating experience. Tailgate field is so much better, it's only a block from the stadium, plenty of room where cars aren't constantly going by.

You should probably try coming to an ES tailgate before you write off the Green lot. There's a reason so many of us are happy about this.

You should probably try coming to an ES tailgate before you write off the Green lot. There's a reason so many of us are happy about this.

Agreed. I hear people all the time telling me that tailgating is overrated. Pssssshhhhh..... not if it's done right!

See everyone Saturday!

Agreed. I hear people all the time telling me that tailgating is overrated. Pssssshhhhh..... not if it's done right!

See everyone Saturday!

The ES/RSRT Tailgate is pretty unique. It's not every tailgate that gets Rachel Ray, and documetary crews from Germany, local newscasts. Its been really cool to watch it grow from just a few of us to what it is now.

Got a goofy parking story. I called the ticket office last week to inquire why the ticket office had not yet shipped my club seats and orange parking since I had already paid in full. They said I still owed $700. Huh? I asked them why, and after a few minutes of looking around, the rep came back on the phone and says," It says on your order you wanted two additional purple parking passes so you still need to pay for them."

I paused for a moment knowing full well that I was about to get a pretty good deal. "Uh sure, can I give you my credit card?"

I held my breath the next day for the Fedex package to see if they would catch their mistake. Sure enough, they did not so I am now the proud owner of two sets of purple parking passes and one orange pass. What's odd is the guy didn't even think twice about the fact that I only had two seats!

I know some people don't like purples because because parking close means a longer fight to the Beltway but I love em, especially when the weather turns nasty (like pre season last year!). Looking forward to Saturday!

If anybody who doesn't need these jumps on the deal, I'll pay you for them.

I bought green passes on ebay for $500 and when I saw this deal I bought another set from the Redskins for $350 to make sure I would have passes next year. I will sell you one of the sets of green passes if you pay one half the total - $425. PM me if you are interested, I can meet to exchange tonight or Saturday before noon. Cash only.

I was at a Dead show in 1993 when I watched security guards on a golf cart throw a nitrous tank in the Anacostia. It was probably one of many to launch into the river that day. These weren't DC cops, but good old Event Staff yellow shirts who worked the Skins games. I didn't see any hippie's in handcuffs nearby, so assume security just confiscated the tank and told the owners to scram.

Fourteen years later, we're tailgating b/f the Nats home opener in lot 8. I'm with a crew of old HS buddies and we reminiscing about the Dead and Pink Flood shows. We were imitating the constant hissing sound from the tanks, and of course the shakedown street that was Lot 8 before concerts.

No sooner does one of us discover what appears to be a rusty co2 tank in the river. It was about a foot deep under water just off of one of the piss coves in the hedge. Can't imagine it was last used for Co2.

I was at a Dead show in 1993 when I watched security guards on a golf cart throw a nitrous tank in the Anacostia. It was probably one of many to launch into the river that day. These weren't DC cops, but good old Event Staff yellow shirts who worked the Skins games. I didn't see any hippie's in handcuffs nearby, so assume security just confiscated the tank and told the owners to scram.

Fourteen years later, we're tailgating b/f the Nats home opener in lot 8. I'm with a crew of old HS buddies and we were reminiscing about the Dead and Pink Floyd shows. We were imitating the constant hissing sound from the tanks, and of course the shakedown street that was Lot 8 before concerts.

No sooner does one of us discover what appears to be a rusty co2 tank in the river. It was about a foot deep under water just off of one of the piss coves in the hedge. Can't imagine it was last used for Co2.:laugh:

The ES/RSRT Tailgate is pretty unique. It's not every tailgate that gets Rachel Ray, and documetary crews from Germany, local newscasts. Its been really cool to watch it grow from just a few of us to what it is now.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am new to the board. Finally got our season tickets this year (after 8 yrs of waiting)! Wondering where the ES tailgate is located. Thanks for the info!

HTTRS

What a train wreck. Just for fun I called the ticket office played dumb to see if there were anymore green parking passes left. He said "Sure, no problem how many do you wnat?" I stuttered out 2 and he said okay. After looking at my account he said I could only get 1 since I have 5 tickets and it one per every 3.

Who cares I'm stoked.

Moral of the story--They still have green if you need them.

I called at 4:00 and they said there were no longer any available. But the girl seemed kind of lost. Let me know if anyone else heard otherwise.

Just got back from the TO, green passes in hand. You can just walk up and trade your existing passes for green. There was no traffic and a stack of green sheets a few inches thick.

I got three responses from three reps yesterday. When I asked why first-year STHs were getting greens when I had been on the green waiting list for four years (which was recorded on my account), the first apologized but said there was nothing she could do. I guess she was sitting on the stack of green passes at the time and didn't see them.

I called at 4:00 and they said there were no longer any available. But the girl seemed kind of lost. Let me know if anyone else heard otherwise.

Sounds like we talked to the same girl. :laugh:

Fourteen years later, we're tailgating b/f the Nats home opener in lot 8. I'm with a crew of old HS buddies and we were reminiscing about the Dead and Pink Floyd shows. We were imitating the constant hissing sound from the tanks, and of course the shakedown street that was Lot 8 before concerts.

Mmmmmmm...hippie crack. :thud:

Archived