Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call ticket office for Green Parking!

Forehead

Try again. I just called and he gave me green passes marked as "unpaid", and said I have till the end of the day tomorrow to bring my cash lot pass in to exchange. Try again and talk to someone different.

You can only trade in cash lot parking for the green passes not a blue for green. I was told by the rep that I could buy the green lot passes and be stuck with the blues also. What a way to run a business.

You can only trade in cash lot parking for the green passes not a blue for green. I was told by the rep that I could buy the green lot passes and be stuck with the blues also. What a way to run a business.

Wow man, I didn't realize that's how it went. If you really wanted the green, I'm sure you could get face for your blue, even if you sold it game by game.

While I could buy a green pass but in addition to my current blue pass, there were NO EXCHANGES under any circumstances, even if I was willing to drive down there immediately!!

In trying to predict the unpredictable, I would go to the TO anyway and try to make the exchange. I did it this morning.

They are no longer doing exchanges. I have had season tix for 7 years now, been in the tailgate for 4 years and had blue lot for four years. I have also been on the parking upgrade list for 4 years and I called in a few minutes ago. I was told that they are no longer doing exchanges and that I am out of luck. Not to offend anyone who are new ticket holders or anything but how in the hell is it right to not give them to folks on the waiting list and give them to people who are newer ticket holders. Its bull@%$#.

It is messed up for having to wait this long to be denied. And those who just bought seasons are in greens.

I think the TO was trying to unload as fast as possible and hoping word didn't spread. I don't think they wanted to the work of running down the list and contacting people individually.

I just got off the phone with the TO. While they would not exchange my red passes for green, I was able to pay for the green tickets and will pick them up at the TO tomorrow. They said I could have the red passes removed next year. Once I get the green passes in hand I will offer the red passes here in the classifieds at cost.

I did the same thing. Don't sweat it. You won't be stuck with them. You'll definitely be able to sell them.

If you can't exchange your reds... blues... just buy the greens and sell the others at cost. There will be enough people out here later in the season who will jump at the opportunity to buy a $35 parking pass, regardless of location.

Trust me... when the full effect of the bus cancelations are felt, parking is going to be in high demand.

So, just to clarify, once we get these green passes we'll be able to renew them each year, correct?

With our ticket office, nothing is ever certain. But most of us were told they will continue to be on our invoice year after year.

I just got off the phone with the TO. While they would not exchange my red passes for green, I was able to pay for the green tickets and will pick them up at the TO tomorrow. They said I could have the red passes removed next year. Once I get the green passes in hand I will offer the red passes here in the classifieds at cost.

I'm guessing they don't want to be stuck with too many unused Red or Blues this close to the season, so they're making the ticketholders eat the passes they are upgrading from. After invoice time next year, when people decide whether or not to hold onto two sets of passes, they can then offer the dropped passes to others.

So, just to clarify, once we get these green passes we'll be able to renew them each year, correct?

Man I sure hope so, but based upon what we've seen in this thread my confidence won't be on high come invoice time in Feb. Let's just keep our B&G fingers crossed.

The TO must have been such a simple operation in the RFK days.

A true waitlist with tens of thousands of names that moved at a pace of a few hundred new account holders a year, probably less than a thousand seat vacancies to fill each offseason, and no reserved parking for public offering.

My how times have changed.

A true waitlist with tens of thousands of names that moved at a pace of a few hundred new account holders a year, probably less than a thousand seat vacancies to fill each offseason, and no reserved parking for public offering.

Thats what happens when you almost double the stadium capacity and have nice paved spots to park instead of urine infested grass fields and the potomac river as a dons john :laugh: That river was probably purely piss on sundays at rfk i used it alot :silly:

I called them in Jan. of '88. The guy said that only about 100 ticket holders did not renew year to year. That was the bad news. The good news, he said, was that they would eventually build a new stadium. I got on the list that month and was number 16,000 something on the wait list. My name came up for tix eleven years later in '99.

Archived