Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pictures of Mike Tyson Abandoned Mansion

heyholetsgogrant

Mike Tyson/Paul Monea Mansion

Where: Ohio

When: December 2007

While website over the past 10 years or so, I have never once struggled so much with the decision of whether or not to post pictures of one of my trips like I did with this one. I came extremely close to not posting these, or at the very least delaying the posting. The reason being, this place is very easy to find, in good condition, and unfortunately very ripe for some idiot going through it and stealing stuff and/or vandalizing it. I have the feeling the idiots will find it either way, but I really don't want to aid them. In the end, I decided to stay dedicated to those who continue to come here for new material. I doubt that my posts will make any difference in the longevity of the former Mike Tyson home.

So with that said, what are you seeing here. What you are seeing is the former home of Boxer Mike Tyson. Tyson has not owned the home since the late 1990s. The home is actually owned by a business man name Paul Monea... actually, its owned by the Monea Family Trust, and currently, it may or may not be in the posession of law enforcement because it is, or was, at the center of an investigation involving Mr. Monea.

Confused? Well lets see what we can figure out. Let it be known that everything here is the best of my very limited understanding and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Paul Monea was a business man who once made some money selling TaeBo workout tapes featuring none other than Billy Blanks... remember that craze? Paul Monea was the mastermind behind it, and it made him quite a bit of cash from what I understand. One of his purchases was the former home of Mike Tyson in 1999 for the price of 1.3 million. Tyson had since moved to Vegas and the home was For Sale. Monea didn't buy it because he needed a home... he already had a much nicer home. I suppose it was to be an investment property? Regardless, from what I understand he never lived in the home. There was a period of time in 2005 when it was for sale on Ebay, but the home didn't sell.

Tons of Pics Here

http://illicitohio.illicitohio.com/tyson.htm

The site itself basically shows Ohio and the crumbling old abandoned buildings...kind of sad..

-Grant

Did anyone read the description?

Monea didn't buy it because he needed a home... he already had a much nicer home. I suppose it was to be an investment property? Regardless, from what I understand he never lived in the home. There was a period of time in 2005 when it was for sale on Ebay, but the home didn't sell.

Paul had a diamond. A really really big one. So big that it had its own website. It was a 40 Carat Diamond... yes you're reading that correctly... 40 Carat. HUGE! So Paul decides he's going to sell both the Diamond and the property. Unfortunately the buyer was an FBI agent working undercover. What's the problem with that you may be asking... well at some point the buyer (aka agent) decides to inform Paul that he will be buying the home with Drug money. According to reports Paul advised the agent that he didn't want to know where the money was coming from and even feigned a hearing problem saying something to the effect of "A RUG dealer?".

In the end, Paul was busted, and it appears that now the home may be in the hands of the authorities along with the Diamond.

Wow. Dirty.

Archived