Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Depth Chart Released

ChiefPowhatan17

I was thinking the same thing

Brooks will be listed as 2nd string until he does something that really distinguishes him above Frost (or Frost does something to lose the position) or around mid-August (even as late as the last cuts). In any case, once Brooks is listed at #1, Frost is gone barring injury.

Overall, as this is the first depth chart, I'd expect that the depth chart would basically align to that from last year with a few tweaks.

Then why don't they have him ahead of Rogers? Smoot is better then him right now, period!
Because as someone else has already indicated, the list is simply listing the same starters from last season as this seasons starters. With the exception of Jason Taylor and Reed Doughty of course.

OK...Every year I put up the depth chart, and then fans go crazy. Yes, this is a depth chart that the coaching staff has put out, but it is "unofficial." You can bet they have another depth chart that is "official."

On this unofficial depth chart (released to fans, media and other NFL teams), sometimes coaches put players ahead of other players simply because they don't want to create controversy. Think about it.

All that said, here's one clarification: The depth chart has Taylor technically listed at DE/LB. For Redskins.com purposes, Taylor is listed at right defensive end, which means in this alignment he would go opposite the left tackle.

If you've been at training camp, you've seen the limited reps that Taylor has had have been at right defensive end. But Taylor can play both left and right, and at linebacker, so you shouldn't read too much into this.

For me, the fans' reactions to the depth chart are a major source of entertainment. :D

Please it's not about you and your so called analyzations its about who started last year at CB for the Skins, Smoot. Who is better at this point in camp at the CB position, Smoot. I questioned the putting Rogers in front of Smoot on the depth chart when he hasn't shown anything except for some flashes of ability in a couple games in 06. Whether you want to admit it or not health is the major factor in a players longevity in this league and teams usually cut guys because they can't stay healthy. If Rogers doesn't stay healthy this year it won't matter how much ability he has cause he will and should be gone!

LOL, yeah, we sure got rid of Shawn Springs when his career long injury problems persisted! :rolleyes: Where do you get that Rogers is injury prone? He had a freak knee injury that has nothing to do with durability, an injury that hundreds of players get each year in the NFL, and beyond that, he is showing a remarkable healing time and is participating in team drills way ahead of schedule. Of course, I agree one hundred percent, if Carlos isnt healthy he shouldnt play. But, mark my words, if he is healthy, he will start just as the depth chart shows no matter its unofficial status. Then Im sure you will claim shenanigans and think you know more than Jerry Gray, Greg Blache, Jim Zorn, and Vinny Cerrato and that Smoot will be starting.

I want to be clear that I am not knocking Fred Smoot, I think he is fine player and love that he is back with us, but if I have to choose a starting corner between him and a healthy Carlos, I choose #22, and you will see that the Redskins will as well.

Two things...

First...I'm not all too familiar with Thrash and I'm not knocking the guy. He's shown a glimmer here and there and it's commendable, but Malcolm Kelly should easily be second behind Moss. That's just me though and it's only preseason. It's subjected to change by the time the season starts.

Second...Carlos Rogers is a good DB. He has had his moments where he was left out on an island, all by himself and has failed miserably. To label the guy a bust...no way in hell! Now if you wanna label someone a bust try Adam Archuleta out for size...he's a bust. Carlos is good, Not Champ Bailey good, but a good quality starting DB.

none of the rooks have cracked the barrier just yet. i'd expect the first to be brooks and davis. guess we are gonna have to keep an eye out on these battles during preseason.

minus injuries, i think im one of the few that enjoy seeing our depth during preseason.

Two things...

First...I'm not all too familiar with Thrash and I'm not knocking the guy. He's shown a glimmer here and there and it's commendable, but Malcolm Kelly should easily be second behind Moss. That's just me though and it's only preseason. It's subjected to change by the time the season starts.

Second...Carlos Rogers is a good DB. He has had his moments where he was left out on an island, all by himself and has failed miserably. To label the guy a bust...no way in hell! Now if you wanna label someone a bust try Adam Archuleta out for size...he's a bust. Carlos is good, Not Champ Bailey good, but a good quality starting DB.

\

We didn't draft Archuleta so you can't compare him to a draft bust but yea he was just a sorry player.

LOL, yeah, we sure got rid of Shawn Springs when his career long injury problems persisted! :rolleyes: Where do you get that Rogers is injury prone? He had a freak knee injury that has nothing to do with durability, an injury that hundreds of players get each year in the NFL, and beyond that, he is showing a remarkable healing time and is participating in team drills way ahead of schedule. Of course, I agree one hundred percent, if Carlos isnt healthy he shouldnt play. But, mark my words, if he is healthy, he will start just as the depth chart shows no matter its unofficial status. Then Im sure you will claim shenanigans and think you know more than Jerry Gray, Greg Blache, Jim Zorn, and Vinny Cerrato and that Smoot will be starting.

I want to be clear that I am not knocking Fred Smoot, I think he is fine player and love that he is back with us, but if I have to choose a starting corner between him and a healthy Carlos, I choose #22, and you will see that the Redskins will as well.

Again,

If Rogers doesn't stay healthy this year it won't matter how much ability he has cause he will and should be gone!

I hope you are right and he comes back and beast's at the CB spot!

BS on any NFL show they say he is damn near a bust for us! He has this year to prove he can play at a high level and stay healthy. In case you didn't realize staying healthy is a part of the entire package also!

I like him but you are basing your opinions on him from a bunch of what ifs. This is his 4th year and he needs to step up and earn that better player label you keep saying about him!:2cents:

You act as though he's injury prone. Having one of your own linemen come down on your knee doesn't an injury-prone-player make.

I should really keep this bookmarked so I don't have to search for it whenever people trash Rogers, which happens a lot around here.

Carlos Rogers

When I referred to Rogers as the “X factor of the 2007 Redskins”, I had no idea that he would perform so well, and yet, have his season shortened by half.

Rogers, in seven games, was targeted 37 times by opposing QBs (not enough to qualify for the leader’s rankings), and posted a 66% stop rate, and gave up a stingy 5.7 Y/A against. That stop rate was the best in the entire NFL, and had he qualified for it, that 5.7 Y/A against would have ranking him as a top 5 corner in the NFL, just behind Nnamdi Asomugha and Champ Bailey.

The fact that his season was cut short means you have to take those statistics with a grain of salt regarding Rogers: perhaps given more time in the lineup, those would have evened out. Additionally, we may never see Rogers perform at this level again, being that he’s coming off major knee surgery.

But at the very least, Gregg Williams is off the hook for that draft pick. Rogers has clearly shaken the bust label, and although he may never play at this level again, he should become a fixture in the starting lineup for years to come.

To sum up. While he was playing, he had the best, as in nobody was better, stop rate.

The article puts him at the top 5 corner backs. Unless Smoot was one of the top 4, I think it's plain as day why he's ahead of Smoot. The only reason he won't be will be his knee come the opener.

http://mvn.com/nfl-redskins/2008/07/17/just-how-good-were-the-redskins-dbs-last-year/

You act as though he's injury prone. Having one of your own linemen come down on your knee doesn't an injury-prone-player make.

I should really keep this bookmarked so I don't have to search for it whenever people trash Rogers, which happens a lot around here.

To sum up. While he was playing, he had the best, as in nobody was better, stop rate.

The article puts him at the top 5 corner backs. Unless Smoot was one of the top 4, I think it's plain as day why he's ahead of Smoot. The only reason he won't be will be his knee come the opener.

http://mvn.com/nfl-redskins/2008/07/17/just-how-good-were-the-redskins-dbs-last-year/

Shoulda, coulda, woulda! If Bo Jackson didn't get hurt then..., If Barry Sanders didn't retire then.......... He got hurt so stop the speculation until he actually posts those top 5 stats then I'll be on his nuts like the rest of you until then he needs to prove his 1st round draft status by coming back and balling. This league is all about what have you done for me lately and lately it's been nothing!

This post sums everything up. All you need to know.

I seriously think you could see Chad Rinehart starting over Kendall by the end of the year, or, it wouldnt necessarily surprise me if Kendall played some center if Rabach struggles like he did at times last season and Rinehart at LG
I don't ever recall Rabach really struggling last year...

Rabach's a very decent center, but for some reason a good amount of people around here act as if he's mediocre.

These position battles are going to be intriguing to follow this preseason.

Brooks vs Frost, Montgomery vs Goltson, Smoot vs Rogers, Yoder vs Davis, Thrash vs Kelly vs Thomas, Doughty vs Schweigert, and the punt return position.

That's seven legitimate position battles that will be worth keeping an eye on.

These position battles are going to be intriguing to follow this preseason.

Brooks vs Frost, Montgomery vs Goltson, Smoot vs Rogers, Yoder vs Davis, Thrash vs Kelly vs Thomas, Doughty vs Schweigert, and the punt return position.

That's seven legitimate position battles that will be worth keeping an eye on.

Agreed, Bring on the Preseason games lets get this show started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers:

Archived