Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Depth Chart Released

ChiefPowhatan17

Dose of reality time guys... Last year’s starters are automatically this year’s starters unless supplanted throughout preseason...

preseason hasn't started yet guys. Relax.

Ok then, I'll be back in this thread in September!

OK...Every year I put up the depth chart, and then fans go crazy. Yes, this is a depth chart that the coaching staff has put out, but it is "unofficial." You can bet they have another depth chart that is "official."

On this unofficial depth chart (released to fans, media and other NFL teams), sometimes coaches put players ahead of other players simply because they don't want to create controversy. Think about it.

All that said, here's one clarification: The depth chart has Taylor technically listed at DE/LB. For Redskins.com purposes, Taylor is listed at right defensive end, which means in this alignment he would go opposite the left tackle.

If you've been at training camp, you've seen the limited reps that Taylor has had have been at right defensive end. But Taylor can play both left and right, and at linebacker, so you shouldn't read too much into this.

But we must have panicking!

And there you have it Gary. :laugh: Like you said every year it's the same. Now it's just the matter of the over/under of posters who actually miss what you just said. :)

When? The games I watched when he was healthy he never makes a play on the ball and can't catch for ****! The only thing he has on smoot is he is better at run support, that's it.

Ask any NFL scout or personnel department to choose between Smoot and a healthy Rogers for a starting spot on their team, they will choose Rogers. As a redskins fan, your letting the dropped interceptions cloud the entire package. Rogers is a better player.

Ask any NFL scout or personnel department to choose between Smoot and a healthy Rogers for a starting spot on their team, they will choose Rogers. As a redskins fan, your letting the dropped interceptions cloud the entire package. Rogers is a better player.

:applause: Totally agree

OK...Every year I put up the depth chart, and then fans go crazy. Yes, this is a depth chart that the coaching staff has put out, but it is "unofficial." You can bet they have another depth chart that is "official."

On this unofficial depth chart (released to fans, media and other NFL teams), sometimes coaches put players ahead of other players simply because they don't want to create controversy. Think about it.

All that said, here's one clarification: The depth chart has Taylor technically listed at DE/LB. For Redskins.com purposes, Taylor is listed at right defensive end, which means in this alignment he would go opposite the left tackle.

If you've been at training camp, you've seen the limited reps that Taylor has had have been at right defensive end. But Taylor can play both left and right, and at linebacker, so you shouldn't read too much into this.

Gary, I know you mean well, but more then likely you're just telling a brick wall here with this. Like you said, every year, & every year, guys like Die Hard & myself have just figured out to sit back & laugh at anyone that continues to believe that any NFL team is going to release a legitimate roster to anyone not on the coaching staff.

So, how was Hawaii?

BS on any NFL show they say he is damn near a bust for us! He has this year to prove he can play at a high level and stay healthy. In case you didn't realize staying healthy is a part of the entire package also!

I like him but you are basing your opinions on him from a bunch of what ifs. This is his 4th year and he needs to step up and earn that better player label you keep saying about him!:2cents:

Looks like the message here is to have the rooks earn their spots, as all of them are listed as backups as far down the chart as is possible.

Smoot behind Rogers makes no sense.

Interesting that they put Carter and Taylor at LDE and RDE, respectively - I presume that's a typo given Blache's and Zorn's clear comments about that.

Otherwise, who much cares? This figures to get changed as camp continues and the season approaches.

That's cool, you hang out with a lot of NFL scouts and personnel people? I doubt they deal in as many ifs and buts such as a comparing a healthy version of a player to a known healthy player. Ask them why they don't deal more in realities such as actual player conditions. Rogers is a better tackler than Smoot and that is all. Pure cover corner skills isn't even close. I personally don't want to be worrying a whole lot about my corners tackling ability.

BS on any NFL show they say he is damn near a bust for us! He has this year to prove he can play at a high level and stay healthy. In case you didn't realize staying healthy is a part of the entire package also!

I would love for you to provide a link where someone says he is a bust. I'm sure some people in the media would label him as such, but NFL people know better. Carlos is still young and has learned alot in his first couple years, yes he got beat from time to time like any young corner does, but he has loads of talent. Hes physical, good at the line of scrimmage, an excellent tackler and steadily improved in his down the field coverage. We can agree to disagree here, we are all entitled to our own opinions.

l

I personally don't want to be worrying a whole lot about my corners tackling ability.

LOL :laugh:. Okay, well when my team plays your team, I will remember to consistently run outside the tackles with my backs and run loads of WR screens, quick hitches, and short passes. Im not saying tackling ability is the best quality you have to have, but you dismissing it as un-important is ludicrous.

I would love for you to provide a link where someone says he is a bust. I'm sure some people in the media would label him as such, but NFL people know better. Carlos is still young and has learned alot in his first couple years, yes he got beat from time to time like any young corner does, but he has loads of talent. Hes physical, good at the line of scrimmage, an excellent tackler and steadily improved in his down the field coverage. We can agree to disagree here, we are all entitled to our own opinions.

I don't have the link but I watched on NFL Live on ESPN. There topic was camp question to be answered and when they came to the Redskins McIntosh and Rogers where mentioned because of injuries and they threw in the draft bust for Rogers because we drafted him in the 1st round and he hasn't proven himself yet. What NFL people? As far as I know NFL people are in the media too and they seem to think this is his year to show up and prove he is the Redskins starting CB.

I don't have the link but I watched on NFL Live on ESPN. There topic was camp question to be answered and when they came to the Redskins McIntosh and Rogers where mentioned because of injuries and they threw in the draft bust for Rogers because we drafted him in the 1st round and he hasn't proven himself yet. What NFL people? As far as I know NFL people are in the media too and they seem to think this is his year to show up and prove he is the Redskins starting CB.

they also dont look at the stats as far as the games he played in last season , yes he was injured but he played the best he had and was on route to being a top 5 CB. However, i dont think he is first round material..2nd at best imo.

That's cool, you hang out with a lot of NFL scouts and personnel people?

:rolleyes: No, but I also analyze players in a more broad fashion than most of the fans do. I dont just look at the plays where the ball is thrown at Carlos Rogers. I look at the way he plays when the ball isnt thrown at him. His man coverage skills when he has no help. The way he defends when he does have help. His footwork. The way he works opposing WR's at the line of scrimmage. The way he fights off blocks when running plays are sent in his direction. The way he defends in red zone situations. Corner is one of my favorite positions in the NFL and I find it very interesting to watch.

Im not one of these fans that see him get beat a few times in his rookie and sophomore seasons, then see him drop a few interceptions (which he has to be in position to make coincidentally) and then label him as a bust. Its obvious that the Redskins see what I see, and the fans do not. Period.

:rolleyes: No, but I also analyze players in a more broad fashion than most of the fans do. I dont just look at the plays where the ball is thrown at Carlos Rogers. I look at the way he plays when the ball isnt thrown at him. His man coverage skills when he has no help. The way he defends when he does have help. His footwork. The way he works opposing WR's at the line of scrimmage. The way he fights off blocks when running plays are sent in his direction. The way he defends in red zone situations. Corner is one of my favorite positions in the NFL and I find it very interesting to watch.

Im not one of these fans that see him get beat a few times in his rookie and sophomore seasons, then see him drop a few interceptions (which he has to be in position to make coincidentally) and then label him as a bust. Its obvious that the Redskins see what I see, and the fans do not. Period.

Please it's not about you and your so called analyzations its about who started last year at CB for the Skins, Smoot. Who is better at this point in camp at the CB position, Smoot. I questioned the putting Rogers in front of Smoot on the depth chart when he hasn't shown anything except for some flashes of ability in a couple games in 06. Whether you want to admit it or not health is the major factor in a players longevity in this league and teams usually cut guys because they can't stay healthy. If Rogers doesn't stay healthy this year it won't matter how much ability he has cause he will and should be gone!

Gary, I know you mean well, but more then likely you're just telling a brick wall here with this. Like you said, every year, & every year, guys like Die Hard & myself have just figured out to sit back & laugh at anyone that continues to believe that any NFL team is going to release a legitimate roster to anyone not on the coaching staff.

So, how was Hawaii?

Wow, when I grow up I want to be just like you guys. :silly:

Archived