Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Depth Chart Released

ChiefPowhatan17

Smoot as a backup to Rogers? He isn't even practicing how can they start him and with no proven production?

because smoot only has a candy bar named after hime Carlos...IS the Monte Cristo. ;)

seriously probably because thats what it was last year.

Looks like Thrash is still the #3 WR

:cheers:

A couple of things...here's to Fabini and Wade never having to step foot on the field as a Redskin again. :cheers:

Of course I just mean, here's to Thomas and Jansen staying healthy all season long. :) I appreciate everything that Fabini and Wade has done for us thus far.

Also, even though I love Randle El like cooked food, I really hope that that first string PR is not written in stone.

Because Carlos is better all around corner than Smoot when healthy.

When? The games I watched when he was healthy he never makes a play on the ball and can't catch for ****! The only thing he has on smoot is he is better at run support, that's it.

Two things I noticed...

1. Andrew Crummey is our backup center?

2. I enjoy the little blurb about "injured players are not included" that's on the bottom of the chart. Shouldn't that mean that half these names aren't on the chart right now? It doesn't say "injured reserve" or "out for the season," just injured.

I hope we try some of the newer guys like Tryon, Thomas or Mason as the punt returners. Randle-El was horrible last year.
Could'nt agree with you more.

Although I think El is a good addition to our team as a WR, his punt returning skills leaves a lot to be desired.

When? The games I watched when he was healthy he never makes a play on the ball and can't catch for ****! The only thing he has on smoot is he is better at run support, that's it.
Truth be told, Smoot even improved that part of his game after ST's passing.

OK...Every year I put up the depth chart, and then fans go crazy. Yes, this is a depth chart that the coaching staff has put out, but it is "unofficial." You can bet they have another depth chart that is "official."

On this unofficial depth chart (released to fans, media and other NFL teams), sometimes coaches put players ahead of other players simply because they don't want to create controversy. Think about it.

All that said, here's one clarification: The depth chart has Taylor technically listed at DE/LB. For Redskins.com purposes, Taylor is listed at right defensive end, which means in this alignment he would go opposite the left tackle.

If you've been at training camp, you've seen the limited reps that Taylor has had have been at right defensive end. But Taylor can play both left and right, and at linebacker, so you shouldn't read too much into this.

Archived