Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp Report: Cerrato On Thomas

TSO

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=36991

1:45 p.m. ET

Cerrato On Thomas

Vinny Cerrato was on Redskins Nation on Thursday and said the team expects Devin Thomas to be sidelined for "a couple weeks" due to the hamstring injury.

Thomas could miss the Redskins' Hall of Fame Game against the Indianapolis Colts on Aug. 3.

He could be ready by mid-August and available to play on Aug. 9 against Buffalo. "That's where having the extra preseason game and coming in early helps," Cerrato said. "If he can get back, he should be able to play in four preseason games.

I don't think I was worried about Thomas' hammy sidelining him for much time, but I just hated the possibility of a rookie having to miss a lot of practice or preseason games... this is great news if he's able to get 4 preseason games in like Vinny said!

We should all be thanking God it's not worse and hope that Thomas heals it up completely before doing anything!

Reading this morning that he was carted off the field definitely worried me . . . but this is truly great news. I'd rather him sit out two pre-season games just to be on the safe side . . . we don't want that hammy to act up again. IMO three pre-season games is more than enough work.

Archived