Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp Report: Cerrato On Thomas

TSO

hopefully he won't miss too much practice time. Malcolm Kelly will definitely have the early edge for the #3 receiver.

I think Kelly had the edge for the 3rd spot even before this. Based on JJ and Murf's TC dailies, MK has been much more impressive thus far. I know there's still a lot of practice/preseason to go yet, but if he continues to show his skills he's a lock IMO.

The thing that irritates me about this isn't so much the injury, it's the part that said that Billy McMullen would be getting more playing time.

Who the hell is Billy ****ing McMullen? What happened to a couple of months ago when Zorn said that Anthony Mix was going to get a shot? Maybe if he'd get on the field every once in a while, he wouldn't be 240 freaking pounds. We already know McMullen isn't going to make the roster. I'd rather take Mix. He's younger, bigger, and he played college ball with Jason Campbell at Auburn.

Relax. McMullen played in a WCO with the Eagles and is probably a bit ahead of Mix in terms of knowing what the Redskins are running.

I think Mix is a strong candidate because of his stellar work on special teams and his relative youth at 25.

I doubt you will see McMullen on the final roster.

Relax. McMullen played in a WCO with the Eagles and is probably a bit ahead of Mix in terms of knowing what the Redskins are running.

I think Mix is a strong candidate because of his stellar work on special teams and his relative youth at 25.

I doubt you will see McMullen on the final roster.

JC ran the West Coast at Auburn his senior year. Mix (who was a junior when Campbell came to the NFL) has seen some WCO, too. Besides, you've gotta look at their comparative careers. Billy McMullen was with the Eagles - mostly post-T.O. - and hasn't been able to crack their lineup. Mix wasn't able to crack the Giants' lineup much either, but that's because he had Plax, Amani Toomer, Steve Smith in front of him.

So, you agree with me that Mix has a better shot than McMullen to make the final roster? Why, then, is the coaching staff not making sure Mix picks up the system?

Archived