Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Jon Jansen retain his starting spot this season?

Frediemac

There might be a slight chance, depending on what kind of shape he is in. But its very small.

Buges is an old school guy and loves Jansen, I dont see Zorn or anybody else ultimately deciding who the line will be over Buges. There probably a better chance of him starting and losing the job somewhere during the season.

All in all I say 95% chance he is still the starting RT on opening day.

Hahahaha, who would he lose it to? Wade? Fabini? Heyer? Come on, now!

He could loose it to either Wade or Heyer, yes. Jon hasnt look good in years, and was getting pushed around like a girl in pre-season last year. He looked horrible. If he plays like that again this year, I hope to god he does get benched. Otherwise we'll be looking for a new QB.

I see it almost impossible unless Jansen looks really bad. He played with two broken thumbs and did great. He is hard nosed, strong, and a fighter. Although I think Heyere did well, he would have to sigfincantly improve combined with Jansen declining. A year removed from playing might have actually helped a vet like Jansen recover overall and get him back and ready to play better than when entering last year.

He could loose it to either Wade or Heyer, yes. Jon hasnt look good in years, and was getting pushed around like a girl in pre-season last year. He looked horrible. If he plays like that again this year, I hope to god he does get benched. Otherwise we'll be looking for a new QB.

Ever since that Bill Parcell's comment everyone thinks Jansen is done. You apparently didn't see Heyer and Wade in the run game did you...not to mention pass pro as well? Jansen can still play at a much higher level than both Heyer and Wade. Heyer has chicken legs man (built like a lineman on top and built like a receiver in the legs :laugh: )and Wade is just plain retarded (where do I go, uh where do I go?), but not as retarded as Fabini :doh: (why did we retain him?...for the life of me :whoknows: )

If Heyer builds more strength in his lower body to help him stay centered and on his man, then absolutely he could take the spot, but he's not built to be a RT. Hell, he's not built at all, but he's working on that from what we're being told. Heyer would be better served on the opposite side b/c he's okay in the passing game, but until Samuels leaves DC, he's not starting there. Jansen is still a quality starter in this league, and he should come back pretty strong since his injury was in week 1. You just never know with him though, b/c he's been banged up a lot lately.

There might be a slight chance, depending on what kind of shape he is in. But its very small.

Buges is an old school guy and loves Jansen, I dont see Zorn or anybody else ultimately deciding who the line will be over Buges. There probably a better chance of him starting and losing the job somewhere during the season.

All in all I say 95% chance he is still the starting RT on opening day.

that right there says Jansen holds his spot and is the starter come opening day, pending injury.

and please God, no more injuries!:(

I think Jon Jansen will retain his starting spot this season, but that doesn't mean he is the same player he used to be. As much as I want to see the guy succeed, I feel that his best days are behind him.

He was getting pummeled during the pre-season last year, and almost got Jason Campbell seriously injured because of his sub-par performance. Many fans will forget that we had a real scare last pre-season when Campbell went down.

Ever since that Bill Parcell's comment everyone thinks Jansen is done. You apparently didn't see Heyer and Wade in the run game did you...not to mention pass pro as well? Jansen can still play at a much higher level than both Heyer and Wade. Heyer has chicken legs man (built like a lineman on top and built like a receiver in the legs :laugh: )and Wade is just plain retarded (where do I go, uh where do I go?), but not as retarded as Fabini :doh: (why did we retain him?...for the life of me :whoknows: )

If Heyer builds more strength in his lower body to help him stay centered and on his man, then absolutely he could take the spot, but he's not built to be a RT. Hell, he's not built at all, but he's working on that from what we're being told. Heyer would be better served on the opposite side b/c he's okay in the passing game, but until Samuels leaves DC, he's not starting there. Jansen is still a quality starter in this league, and he should come back pretty strong since his injury was in week 1. You just never know with him though, b/c he's been banged up a lot lately.

Did you watch Jansen in preseason last year? I'm guessing you didnt, because he was horrible. He was getting physically dominated on passing plays, pushed 2-3 yards deep and being bent backwards. He got zero push on running down and many time got pushed back and bent backwards.

And he was healthy.

Heyer was much better in pass protection (and he isnt great) and about the same as Jon was in run blocking (which wasnt good). Wade is supposed to be less physical than Jon but he's still better in pass protection. And Jon isnt very physical, getting pushed around by guys that wiegh 40 pounds less than he does on ever play (see the Titans preseason game). I was shocked at how terrible he looked. Shocked. If he plays like that we wont have to wonder about JC, because he'll be out for the year.

Archived