Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox Sports:Giants to trade Shockey to Saints

Kurd Cudins

What took them so long? Should have pulled the trigger on the trade before the draft , to get impact players this year instead of next year. Stupid Giants...lol

At the same time, they'll probably have about 11 picks next year, with this trade and comp picks. I bet they package some to move up.

Even 5th round TEs school our Roy around.

Really-until Roy gets his head out of his ***, it doesn't matter who the Giants put out on the field.:doh:

Boss is no Shockey and if the giants think he is they are nuts.....Boss may be more of a team player but he will never be as good as Shockey on the field

Boss is no Shockey and if the giants think he is they are nuts.....Boss may be more of a team player but he will never be as good as Shockey on the field

Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs were no Tiki Barber, David Diehl was no Luke Petigout, Kevin Boss was no Jeremy Shockey, and yet the Giants still managed to out duel the Boyz when it mattered most. Oh and with 3 of their top 4 CB's on the bench to boot. Ha.

Shockey is definitely the more dynamic player and this may well hurt the Giants.

However, more often than not, Shockey expounded more hot air than ability. :)

He seemed to be becoming a head case, and a distraction for New York, which they won't miss.

In the end, I think Boss will be the more solid team player for the Giants. Though he can't match Shockey's abilities and talents, he won't be a problem child for them, either.

In any event I hope the Giants fall flat on their butts. :) :gaintsuck

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8364800/Sources:-Giants-to-trade-Shockey-to-Saints?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

The Giants have agreed to trade their disgruntled tight end to the New Orleans Saints for a second-round pick and a fifth-round pick' date=' FOXSports.com has learned. The deal is pending league approval, according to a league source. Shockey must also pass a physical.The compensation is the same the Saints offered New York back in April prior and during to the draft ... and it was turned down.

The move comes one day after Jason Taylor was traded from Miami to New York's NFC East rivals in Washington. According to a report on SI.com, the Giants had held discussions about a three-team trade in which they would have ended up with Taylor, the Saints would have landed Shockey and the Dolphins would have received a pair of draft picks.[/quote']

All in all it makes sense to have moved Shockey given his attitude and it seems a fair price for both teams but this does make them a worse team than they were before the trade. I'd rather have my SS cover Boss than Shockey put it that way.

Also if they were going to do the deal they should have pulled the trigger before this years draft and they could have used that #2 pick on a player this year rather than have to wait until next.

Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs were no Tiki Barber, David Diehl was no Luke Petigout, Kevin Boss was no Jeremy Shockey, and yet the Giants still managed to out duel the Boyz when it mattered most. Oh and with 3 of their top 4 CB's on the bench to boot. Ha.

this is true the "Team" won when it mattered the most, but lets just wait and see how bosses numbers compare when this season is over.....do you really think Eli can play this season like he did the last few games last year......Until he proves me wrong I say no way......And every QB looks at his TE as his security blanket when the heat is on......Shockey may of been a head case but he saved Eli's butt many times ....Now can Boss do the same.........

this is true the "Team" won when it mattered the most, but lets just wait and see how bosses numbers compare when this season is over.....do you really think Eli can play this season like he did the last few games last year......Until he proves me wrong I say no way......And every QB looks at his TE as his security blanket when the heat is on......Shockey may of been a head case but he saved Eli's butt many times ....Now can Boss do the same.........

You don't just luck into a 5 game stretch like Eli had to end last season. You don't just stumble onto a Super Bowl MVP by accident. Either you're talented enough, and you are finally realizing your potential, or you're not. Eli carried the Giants when he had to, and managed the ball when the situation called for it, no reason to believe he can't continue with the exact same personnel around him, if not a bit improved actually with the additions of Manningham and Olivea, and key guys going into their second full years.

Eli still has his security blanket, it's called a devastating run game, and guys like Plax, Toomer, and Smith who are all clutch on 3rd down.

You don't just luck into a 5 game stretch like Eli had to end last season. You don't just stumble onto a Super Bowl MVP by accident. Either you're talented enough, and you are finally realizing your potential, or you're not.

Thanks but no thanks..... until he shows me he can do it again this year...I think I will stick to the luck theory

Thanks but no thanks..... until he shows me he can do it again this year...I think I will stick to the luck theory

Oh goodness, I thought I was oh so close on converting another Cowboys homer, I forgot that it wasn't Super Bowl MVP's, and heroics in big games that makes you a good QB, it's setting regular season records and choking in the playoff's that makes you a world beater, good luck with that. I'll take the Lombardi, thanks.

Oh goodness, I thought I was oh so close on converting another Cowboys homer, I forgot that it wasn't Super Bowl MVP's, and heroics in big games that makes you a good QB, it's setting regular season records and choking in the playoff's that makes you a world beater, good luck with that. I'll take the Lombardi, thanks.

all of that just makes Eli a one year wonder or really a 5 game wonder.......If he can do it again this year then we can talk

Archived